Is it fair to answer your own trivia?

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By OneEyedNinja7

If you hadn't already realized, I love the trivia feature on Giant Bomb. As a whole, I've learned a lot of stuff about video games I never would've known otherwise (to the point in which I get interested in games that I've previously ignored). I've been answering lots of questions, reporting duplicates/"spoiler" ones, and even submitting some of my own questions. I haven't really submitted many of my own because I'm worried that I'd stumble upon it while answering questions for that specific game. I've already started coming across my own questions (even with no more than a dozen submitted).
     Anyway, my point is that I don't think it's very fair to answer your own questions. Answering maybe a couple probably might not affect your rank, but once you start submitting/around around 100, you can seriously affect your position versus other players (think about it, you can get 100 in a row without even needing to think).
     Maybe I'm making a big fuss, but I think the staff should fix the trivia so that you can't answer your own questions. I think I remember coonce talking about this right after the system launched but so far it hasn't changed. There may be worse ways to play the game that can't be regulated (like looking up the answers), but I think this should be fixed.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

If you hadn't already realized, I love the trivia feature on Giant Bomb. As a whole, I've learned a lot of stuff about video games I never would've known otherwise (to the point in which I get interested in games that I've previously ignored). I've been answering lots of questions, reporting duplicates/"spoiler" ones, and even submitting some of my own questions. I haven't really submitted many of my own because I'm worried that I'd stumble upon it while answering questions for that specific game. I've already started coming across my own questions (even with no more than a dozen submitted).
     Anyway, my point is that I don't think it's very fair to answer your own questions. Answering maybe a couple probably might not affect your rank, but once you start submitting/around around 100, you can seriously affect your position versus other players (think about it, you can get 100 in a row without even needing to think).
     Maybe I'm making a big fuss, but I think the staff should fix the trivia so that you can't answer your own questions. I think I remember coonce talking about this right after the system launched but so far it hasn't changed. There may be worse ways to play the game that can't be regulated (like looking up the answers), but I think this should be fixed.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dsplayer1010

I never thought about. I myself have not run into any of my own questions, I have, however, gotten multiple questions, multiple times.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

I asked Coonce about this awhile back and he said they would eventually make it so you can't answer your own trivia questions. I've avoided answering my own simply because I think it's silly and an easy way to rack up a higher score since you know the answer.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Yeah, if I need to answer another  "What currency does Fallout use?" or "What is Master Chief's real name?" I'd be really disappointed.

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Deathawk

As long as your not actively seeking out your own questions, I don't see this as a problem.