Linking to a section within the same wiki page?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

With the new drop-down navigational menu it's possible to skip straight to headers within wiki pages. In the past I've successfully used the links from the navigational menu to have words link to other places within the same page.

I did this yesterday in the Poker Night 2 page. In the first paragraph where it reads "viral marketing campaign" I had it linked to the eponymous section in that same page. Yesterday it worked, but today after re-editing that paragraph it doesn't.

Has anyone else tried to do this and if so have you been successful? I can't figure out why it wouldn't work, but the page just sits there while yesterday it skimmed to the bottom.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@snail: I just tried it and it worked for me (albeit in the weirdest way I've ever seen it move to a new section).

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: I just tried it and it worked for me (albeit in the weirdest way I've ever seen it move to a new section).

It was working for me now, for some reason. But it was linking to the very last section, when I want to link to the penultimate one. That was a workaround I was trying to implement. So I went to edit it and now it doesn't work anymore. Weird!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I can't even get the dropdown menu to stay there so I could click on anything. Worked fine-ish a while ago.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@def said:

I can't even get the dropdown menu to stay there so I could click on anything. Worked fine-ish a while ago.

You have to fiddle with it. If you shake your mouse cursor back and forth between the drop-down menu and the button eventually it should stick or something. I'm using Firefox, not sure if this happens with every browser. Maybe it works fine on Chrome, haven't tried it in a while.