#1 Edited by Silverbucket (72 posts) -

I recently found out that Magazine Scans are not allowed to be uploaded into Wiki pages, but I was wondering does that mean full page scans or any part of the Magazine? For example, can you upload a screenshot or a concept art of a game from a magazine? How about just the cover?

#2 Posted by Jeff (3655 posts) -

Don't attach anything that's been scanned from a magazine to a wiki page unless it's something old and of historical significance that you're not putting into a main "screenshots" gallery. Like print ads for games, for example. Those would be fine. There's a bit more leeway for your personal galleries, too.

Staff
#3 Posted by Silverbucket (72 posts) -

O.K, thanks, looks like I have a-lot of deleting to do...

#4 Posted by strangeling (1260 posts) -
Jeff said:
"Don't attach anything that's been scanned from a magazine to a wiki page unless it's something old and of historical significance that you're not putting into a main "screenshots" gallery. Like print ads for games, for example. Those would be fine. There's a bit more leeway for your personal galleries, too."
Hey, neat.  Print ads for games!  I see a lot of those in my older comic books.  I'll have to remember to scan & upload them when I re-read some stuff.
#5 Posted by Crono (2697 posts) -

Did you run out of pictures on the internet Silverbucket?

#6 Edited by MattyFTM (14423 posts) -

Man, it would be totally kick ass to have a tonne of old print ads from magazines on giant bomb.

#7 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1890 posts) -

Just to let everybody know, Silverbucket is the number one ranked user on this site. His points are over 100,000.

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

If you have a point, go ahead and present it.

#9 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

Have a vintage ad area would Rock hard

#10 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

I guess it's time to pull out all of those old Nintendo Powers.