Magic: the Gathering Games

Brym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brym

Just posted this on the forum for the game, but I thought it be more appropriate here.

So there was a game released in 1998 called "Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers" from Microprose.  It was the re-release of the earlier game called just "Magic: the Gathering" that included a few extra cards and incorporated the free Manalink add-on that allowed online play.  BUT--- Wizards is now releasing a new digital Magic game, also called "Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers".  It's going to come out for PC and XBLA in 2009, but we don't really have any other info on it.  It could be a re-release of the old Microprose title, I suppose, but it seems like it might be an entirely new game.

Anyways, right now on Giant Bomb we have one listing for a game called "Duels of the Planeswalkers".  I just submitted an edit to change the bio info to reflect the new XBLA game--not realizing that Duels of the Planeswalkers was also the name of the re-release of the old Microprose game.  I don't know if that change will go through or not, but either way, we need to break out a separate page for the new game and the old game.  I don't know how to do that.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By breton

Indeed, appears to be quite the predicament. But, you can delete your current submission by going to pending subs through your profile page. After that, just go to games, and hit the 'Add New Game' button toward the upper right. Fairly certain we can have duplicate names, and make sure to stress in the 'why should be add this' section that it's a different game.  You'll have to upload an image for it, though - I recommend this.

Brym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Brym

Thanks Breton, that was helpful.