Me vs. 1000 point users

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Serker

If i edit a page with a large article, but then a 1000 point user puts in something i had in my article before my submission is accepted does my whole article become void, and rejected, or does the staff only put in some of my article? right now theres an article I wrote sittin in my pendin subs that is in this situation and its been a day since i posted it with no acceptance or rejection as of yet.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

I thought that when you edit a page, until it is submitted, whatever was there before is still there until it is accepted.
Then again, I've only edited one page >_>

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Serker

1000 point members dont need to wait for submissions though, so if i submit something and it takes a while for it to be accepted someone else might put it in the article.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By ManMadeGod

Hmmmmmm, I think you're talking about the Dark Brotherhood page I edited.
Sorry.
Look on the bright side, you're almost at 1,000!

What did you add to the page in your edit?

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Upload images. Alot of them. till you get to 1k. I dont know how the accepting of subs is faster now cause i got past 1k within the first 1-2 weeks I beleive. with images of course because i had subs going on 3 days.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By godzilla_sushi
MasturbatingBear said:
"Upload images. Alot of them. till you get to 1k. I dont know how the accepting of subs is faster now cause i got past 1k within the first 1-2 weeks I beleive. with images of course because i had subs going on 3 days."
Psh, we're supposed to take advice from a masturbating bear?

I bet you have images alright.....
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasturbatingBear
Godzilla_Sushi said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Upload images. Alot of them. till you get to 1k. I dont know how the accepting of subs is faster now cause i got past 1k within the first 1-2 weeks I beleive. with images of course because i had subs going on 3 days."

I bet you have images alright....."
You bet your ass I do!
godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By godzilla_sushi
MasturbatingBear said:
"Godzilla_Sushi said:
"MasturbatingBear said:

I bet you have images alright....."
You bet your ass I do!"
Wanna be my friend?
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MasturbatingBear

yes, I will allow you to do that so you can tell people you know me.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Now lets not do anything illegal okay? I'm pretty sure you can only do that in Nevada.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

Serker, I just looked at your submission...it's currently the oldest one in the queue.  However, it's a complex submission that is going to require some editing before approval since the Dark Brotherhood page was changed pretty drastically in the 28 hours since you first typed it up.  I'm going to let one of the Wiki mods handle it, they are much more experienced with that sort of thing than I am.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Player1
MB said:
"Serker, I just looked at your submission...it's currently the oldest one in the queue.  However, it's a complex submission that is going to require some editing before approval since the Dark Brotherhood page was changed pretty drastically in the 28 hours since you first typed it up.  I'm going to let one of the Wiki mods handle it, they are much more experienced with that sort of thing than I am."
Like MB said, sometimes pages can change so much that your edits don't make sense anymore. Yeah, it sucks, but look at the bright side. Right when this site started you had to wait around 5 days. That means that you worried for 5 days that that article you spent 5 hours on would be totally deleted by another one. Which it usually was. Wow is it nice to be at 1,000!
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MasturbatingBear

5 days? yeah right. Most people just did the smart thing and uploaded images for a lot of it. they are the fastest points and then you don't need to come to forums to complain to people who don't want to read this stuff

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Serker

im stuck at 992 points. that submission was gonna put me over 1000. good to hear most of that submission might still make it into that page though.

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Bartiemus
MasturbatingBear said:
you shouldn't just spam images actually put some thought into your submissions and help improve the site.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Uh I didnt say spam images. Hes close to 1k. it wont take much to get to 1k. And dont talk to me bout putitng thought into my subs. Im one of the few people above 5k who didnt get more then 800 or so points from images. I wrote lengthy articles but there is no problem with mass uploading images. Subs that improve the site can be images.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#17  Edited By LordAndrew
MasturbatingBear said:
"Uh I didnt say spam images. Hes close to 1k. it wont take much to get to 1k. And dont talk to me bout putitng thought into my subs. Im one of the few people above 5k who didnt get more then 800 or so points from images. I wrote lengthy articles but there is no problem with mass uploading images. Subs that improve the site can be images."
From what I've seen of your images, they do little to improve the site.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Player1
MasturbatingBear said:
"5 days? yeah right. Most people just did the smart thing and uploaded images for a lot of it. they are the fastest points and then you don't need to come to forums to complain to people who don't want to read this stuff"
Umm yeah I am right.Do you not remember how there were over 20,000 submissions...and only 4 dudes to go through them. 
BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By BlazeHedgehog

I have to admit, images are a good way to get points quickly.

I noticed the pages for Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 were devoid of good, clean SNES screenshots so I added 6-10 images for each game and that pushed me from 950pts up to 1000 on the nose.

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Joker
MasturbatingBear said:
"Uh I didnt say spam images. Hes close to 1k. it wont take much to get to 1k. And dont talk to me bout putitng thought into my subs. Im one of the few people above 5k who didnt get more then 800 or so points from images. I wrote lengthy articles but there is no problem with mass uploading images. Subs that improve the site can be images."
Don't give speeches about article writing. You were temporarily banned from the wiki for mis-use of it, and creating pages of you and your friends' Maplestory accounts. I would suggest not talking about how you wrote your "lengthy articles".

To the TC, we have quite a few wiki mods right now, and they are working on the queue sometimes. Although Bear is right about image moderation being much faster than article moderation, considering users can mod the images themselves.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MasturbatingBear
Joker said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
Don't give speeches about article writing. You were temporarily banned from the wiki for mis-use of it, and creating pages of you and your friends' Maplestory accounts. I would suggest not talking about how you wrote your "lengthy articles".

To the TC, we have quite a few wiki mods right now, and they are working on the queue sometimes. Although Bear is right about image moderation being much faster than article moderation, considering users can mod the images themselves."

That means I didnt write lengthy articles? what you say has no relevance. I didnt do it for points. I did it for fun and only ended up getting about 90 or so points from it i think. I apologized and they let me off the hook realizing i wouldnt do it again and I wrote lengthy articles. if you dont believe so check out my articles. And how were my images not useful? i uploaded box art screens, stuff that ranges all over the place.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#22  Edited By LordAndrew

Many identical and near-identical images of MapleStory and Gunbound, some of which you attempted to attach to the wrong games.
That's the stuff I was referring to specifically.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MasturbatingBear

How did i attempt to attatch them to the wrong games? And near-identical? Does it really matter? not like I did it on purpose. Just in maplestory and gunbound when something is going on I hit screen button alot to make sure i get it. I had no intention of uploading them seeing as most of them were taken before i signed into giantbomb. Ive only attatched images to the correct games cept for a few times from a bug where I would attatch a group of pics then another group to another game then the last image from the first group is there. Such an incident is on the ssbm page. also besides the gunbound ms screens all the others? I do understand where you are coming from lordandrew... Joker not so much. seeing as its not like i was telling someone not to do something. I was just giving advice

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By jakob187

Cool kids don't get points for anything...

...or posts.
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Gregomasta

Uploading images, why didn't I think of that; the most fun I ever got out of wiki-ing on GB was either picking a game that had nothing on it and playing it though filling in all the gaps, or picking and object that not many have commented on and committing to that page.  Just my two-cents.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Win
Gregomasta said:
"Uploading images, why didn't I think of that; the most fun I ever got out of wiki-ing on GB was either picking a game that had nothing on it and playing it though filling in all the gaps, or picking and object that not many have commented on and committing to that page.  Just my two-cents."
Yeah I got most of my points the same way. Or I would just find a brand new concept like "Helmet" and add every single shooter game to it. You can always try to create a "Spiky Hair" page and just add every Final Fantasy game, then you will be well over 1000 :P
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By Endogene