Multiple Users making the same edit

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By McPaper

Apologies if this has already been touched.

A small problem occured when making a edits to the Final Fantasy XIV Online page, a fairly new page. Me and another random user were eager to add new information to an already thin article based on a currently on going live blog.

The problem was we kept on deleting each others work when we were making updates and only realised the problem until we noticed our points ticker on the article page rose. We managed to organize ourselves with the PM feature however I had deleted quite a good deal of the other guys body without realising.

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a feature in the future to show how many current users are making live edits to the page. I understand that there is a forum related to the game and there is a PM system but can the system be made simpler to tackle such a problem? Perhaps a small chat which is available to editors for that page?

It's not really a big of a deal but it would be a nice feature.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

It would be nice but this only happens with the handful of high profile games so i doubt that such a feature or something that would have the safe effect will be implemented.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

When edit conflicts occur on a MediaWiki-based wiki, it notifies the user that the page has changed since they started editing it, shows, and allow us to work our edits into that version.
I'm not sure whether they could implement something like that into Whiskey's wiki software, but it would be a welcome feature if possible.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Endogene
@LordAndrew: You stole my avatar !!!
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax
@Endogene: Well, what do we have here....
jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By jlrm01

When I was watching the Google Wave demostration, I thought it would be nice to use for wiki editing (it will be open source...). You can see what the others are changing at the same time you are editing, and you can leave "notes" anywhere (and people can reply anywhere, too). But probably something simpler is better (as in "has a better chance of being implemented")... ^_^;

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By McPaper
@jlrm01: Yeah this is the kind of thing which would be ideal. Not exactly that deep but something along those lines.