#1 Posted by NostalgicShakedown (132 posts) -

I added a few people to a company called AAC Stunts and also added a few games to confirm which ones they worked on before. From the website, it confirms that there are 8 people working for that company but when I clicked on "Loyal Employess" it says that there are 121 people working for AAC Stunts. The main eight people are:

This is the website confirming the 8 people: http://www.aac-stunts.co.jp/profile.htm

Did I do something wrong? Would it be best to remove the games from the "Games Developed" page or is there another way of removing the other 113 people from the company?

Regards.

#2 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

It seems like people credited for the same games as AAC worked are being combined into AAC's employee list, for example: Adam Boyes worked on RE5, but has never worked with AAC despite being listed on the latter's employee list.

I would message or about it.

#3 Posted by Marino (4698 posts) -

@SerHulse said:

It seems like people credited for the same games as AAC worked are being combined into AAC's employee list, for example: Adam Boyes worked on RE5, but has never worked with AAC despite being listed on the latter's employee list.

I would message or about it.

Just so you know, Daniel doesn't work on GB (or any other former WM sites). And it's kind of a moot point anyway since everything is going to be revamped soon.

Staff
#4 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

@Marino: Oh I just mentioned him 'cause he is listed as the one to contact about removing pages here

#5 Posted by Marino (4698 posts) -

@SerHulse: Yeah... that guide is severely outdated. I should probably write a new one especially with the new site launching soon.

Staff
#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

"Loyal Employees" is a feature that works in a way you probably don't expect. It works based on the assumption that everyone who worked on the company's games also works for the company.

Thus the list of employees contains everyone who has ever been credited in every game that the company has developed or published. Everyone. In every game.

Imagine Company A has 20 employees. They are developing Video Game: The Video Game. Company B has 20 employees and will publish Game X. If every employee of Company A and Company B is listed in Video Game's credits, Giant Bomb will decide that all 40 people who contributed to Video Game's development are employees of both companies. GB will list 40 employees of each company instead of the actual 20 each.

It's a nice idea, but the list being populated by incorrect assumptions means it ends up completely useless. It's best to ignore the list until it goes away.

#7 Posted by NostalgicShakedown (132 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

It's a nice idea, but the list being populated by incorrect assumptions means it ends up completely useless. It's best to ignore the list until it goes away.

Well I was thinking of not adding the name of the game in and just only mention the people in the company. Shall I just remove the games in the AAC Stunts page and would this feature act the same way for the new site as well?

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Do not remove any associations. Just ignore the employees page. This issue is not worth the damage caused by removing legitimate connections.

Employees can be edited on the new site. A company starts out with all of the existing employee connections though, so most people will have to be manually removed from the list.

Currently Working For is gone from person pages, I see. Fine with me, but I would have preferred that the employee lists be populated based on that field instead of the existing incorrect data.