Pinball... REAL Pinball

Dead_Flip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'm trying to petition that "Pinball" be added to the gaming database, so we can choose the category on twitch. Myself and a handful of others have elaborate streaming setups to stream various pinball machines, and show people how to approach them.

We'd love to be able to have a category that will show up on the games list. Manually typing in pinball as your category doesn't allow for random discovery.

Thoughts?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for...

There's already a pinball genre (delete the trailing slash in that link to get it to work) and a pinball platform in the database and most pinball tables have their own wiki page - 746 tables based on the pinball platform page's list.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think you want a generic "pinball" game-page? Just so it shows up on twitch? I don't think that's gonna fly.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I think we have pinball pretty covered here. Not only do we have specific pages for TONS of machines, there are also pages for things like Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX. I would imagine you could set it as the specific table you are playing? I am not totally sure how the Twitch thing works. If there are any empty pages for tables you want to use you can edit the page or just post it here and I will try and fill it in some.

Dead_Flip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the responses, all.

"Pinball" as a category is not selectable on Twitch, nor do individual tables have categories. The only way to have "is playing Pinball" show up on twitch, is to use an IE supported browser, and type it in manually. Any other browser will not let you do this.

This still does not allow for people to search for pinball streams.

1atepizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess you want Lethal_Frag to be able to use Pinball as his game name too.

Twitch needs to rethink how their system works if they rely on another website's Wiki and they can't add in games on their own.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

@dead_flip: I don't think Twitch supports any generic categories like that, so I'm not sure why you think pinball should be an exception. It would be equivalent to saying something like "TwitchUser is playing FPS" or "TwitchUser is playing N64".

Also, individual pinball tables do appear on Twitch. I did a cursory search for PinBot and Bride of PinBot, and both did appear in the search autocomplete.

Dead_Flip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the Twitch database is different for PC users than Mac users.

I get different results depending on what browser/os I'm on... I'm not seeing individual tables.

Thanks for checking.

Dead_Flip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to find the next individual table I'm gonna focus on next week in the database, but I had to use IE instead of Chrome or Safari... odd.

twitch.tv/dead_flip

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

@dead_flip: Sort of off topic, but I just wanted to say I really like your set up. It is pretty cool being able to watch people play real pinball machines like we can watch people play Pinball Arcade and such.

Dead_Flip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dead_Flip

Thanks @bobafettjm!

Next week we're focusing on Bram Stoker's Dracula, and trying to get a lot of guests to swing by.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems to be more of an issue for Twitch to handle than for the Giant Bomb wiki.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twitch has categories?