Please allow us to make our profiles private.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I only do reviews and stuff for myself and posts on my profile so I can come back in years to come and see what I thought of a game. I just get really pissed off when people tell me my review is wrong and then try to say why I was wrong or giving the thumbs up or thumbs down to my review. It's my opinion of a game so I don't need people telling me otherwise, thats why I post on the forum to see what other people say.

The thing that pisses me off the most though is how if you rate a game badly people give it a thumbs down and if you rate it good then people give it a thumbs up because only fanbois care about that stuff. I just don't see the point of having it and just want to turn it off and restrict access to my profile.

Youtube has the features where you can turn off comments and ratings and I would like to do the same.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Just ignore it or write your reviews to a Word document then. What manner of irrational crap is this.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The whole point of user reviews on a website is to share them with the community. If you don't want that, don't post them on here. Save them as a word document on you PC if you just want them for yourself. If you're worried about your hard drive breaking, upload them to a file storage site. Or email them to yourself, or something. There are ways of storing your reviews without using a community based website.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Babble

As said just don't post them here and keep them in a word document, or make a blog and post them as private.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Lies

If you only write for yourself, don't publish them. Slap em in a txt file on your harddrive and you can come back to them whenever. If you publish something on the website it's going to be seen.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
PapaLazarou said:
"I only do reviews and stuff for myself and posts on my profile so I can come back in years to come and see what I thought of a game.
Oh, are you referring to the games you don't pirate?
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Drebin_893
RHCPfan24 said:
"PapaLazarou said:
"I only do reviews and stuff for myself and posts on my profile so I can come back in years to come and see what I thought of a game.
Oh, are you referring to the games you don't pirate?"
BOOM!
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

This isn't Myspace. If you don't want people seeing your stuff, don't post it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

If someone has a problem with one of my reviews, I want them to tell me why. On GameSpot I have one review that's been recommended by 4 out of 5 users, and one that's been recommended by 3 out of 6 users. I don't know why people chose not to recommend them. Is it because it's poorly written? Or just because they don't agree? I'd much rather have someone give me actual opinions on my reviews than just say "Yes" or "No". And I know I can't just ask people to PM me with their reasons.
So Giant Bomb allows people to give me actiual feedback on my reviews, and hopefully I can improve as a reviewer. Unless there's a particular user harrassing you through review comments or recommendations, I don't see the problem.