Private profiles.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a proposition that might be of use to people's privacy. You can make it like Steam. Private profiles. Visible only to logged-in users and so on. Since you can't change your username for free...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@shockd said:

I have a proposition that might be of use to people's privacy. You can make it like Steam. Private profiles. Visible only to logged-in users and so on. Since you can't change your username for free...

The easier solution there is to not fill out your profile with information you wish to keep private.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@shockd said:

The easier solution there is to not fill out your profile with information you wish to keep private.

What if I want to delete pictures and lists and blogs as well? It will take several hours.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@shockd said:

@hailinel said:

@shockd said:

What if I want to delete pictures and lists and blogs as well? It will take several hours.

Or in the case of blogs, it's just literally impossible to delete them, which is completely fucked. I believe the ability to delete pictures was only added back relatively recently. The latest redesign has really crippled basic usability, which has been unfortunate.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And since GB is fully indexed in the Google search I believe there should be at least an easier way to delete stuff. As for the inability to delete blogs - just wow. A delete option is absolutely necessary for a self-respecting website.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

I imagine people rarely ever check out user profiles to begin with anymore. Hell, 'following' users at that seems somewhat useless now, especially since notifications continue to be all kinds of broken, as are status/wall posts.

And on that note, one thing I think is fucking ridiculous is how in 'Your Updates' feed, posts that are tagged as spoilers will still show up clear as day in the feed. That has lead to me accidentally getting spoiled on something twice in the past, and it all but defeats its purpose since I'm then made to be reluctant to look down and see what's being posted. Lot of stuff that should be linked in your feed but isn't like user names and videos users have posted on persists as well.

Yet of course it's the live chat that's receiving all the attention, with new redesigns and updates. But given the live-stream focus the site has taken on over the past few years, I guess it makes sense... Still bloody sucks all the same, though.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#7 sweep  Moderator

I was going to delete your blogs but you don't have any. So... uh... if you don't want people to read your blogs... don't write any blogs?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep said:

I was going to delete your blogs but you don't have any. So... uh... if you don't want people to read your blogs... don't write any blogs?

That was pointed out by another user. But if you could delete all my images at ease that would be great.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#9 sweep  Moderator

@shockd: Unfortunately not, you'd have to go through and select them one at a time. The staff might have a quicker way of dealing with it, I'll check.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep: Thanks for that. I really don't feel like delete hundreds if not thousands of images one by one.