#1 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -
#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Paper Mario

#3 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Doesn't seem like anyone has a problem with this, should I go ahead and add it?

#4 Posted by mracoon (4972 posts) -

I don't see any problem with it.

#5 Posted by believer258 (11995 posts) -

Is "papercraft" an actual industry term? I've never heard it used before and it doesn't look like much; this is opposed to Cel Shading, which is a commonly used term to describe an animation technique.

#6 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

@believer258: well, like cel-shading, claymation and rotoscoping, its origins are outside video games, but developers use the term to describe their game's art style. Seems that it's a more recent trend, as the games I listed above as examples are all from the last couple of years.

#7 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Why don't you request for a page? Why post it here?

#8 Edited by AlexW00d (6307 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Why don't you request for a page? Why post it here?

'Cause he has enough wiki points to pass the moderation process by completely.

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Is "papercraft" an actual industry term? I've never heard it used before and it doesn't look like much; this is opposed to Cel Shading, which is a commonly used term to describe an animation technique.

It sounds like the guy in the Nintendo Direct video said "papercraft" when talking about Paper Mario, but what do I know. Maybe he said something completely different.

#10 Posted by believer258 (11995 posts) -

@abdo said:

@believer258: well, like cel-shading, claymation and rotoscoping, its origins are outside video games, but developers use the term to describe their game's art style. Seems that it's a more recent trend, as the games I listed above as examples are all from the last couple of years.

Well, I tried a quick Google search and it doesn't seem like a widespread term. I'm just wary of making up a term and giving it a page, even if it is something that could make sense as a future term.

Try searching around and seeing if this is already a concept. There might already be a term for it. If not, go ahead, but be ready to change it and/or delete it if the industry ever ascribes its own word to it.