Rejected - Arena Combat

theredace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By theredace

I put in a new concept for "Arena Combat" and it was rejected without explanation.  The idea was that this is games that offer the player the opportunity to go into an arena and battle it out, be it as a portion of the main storyline, a side quest, or as an alternate bonus mode altogether.

Examples:
Oblivion - The player can enter The Arena in the Imperial City to fight with opponents and rise up through the ranks.
Kingdom Hearts - There is a part of the storyline where the player must fight through a series of Arena matches against waves of opponents.
Fable - very similar to the implementation in Kingdom Hearts
The Red Star - Upon completing the game the player unlocks "Arena Mode" which is 8 different arenas with wave after wave of enemy.  It's a contest just to survive until the end.
Any Smash TV style game - there are a bunch of these

So I guess my question is, is this not a legitimate concept?  I don't want to be annoying and submit it again if there is good reason for it not to be included.  I can't find any sort of duplicate.  What's the general consensus on the etiquette of re-submitting rejected edits?

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By thebeast

It sounds like a reasonable concept - although it might require some thinking through; should it be just 'Arena'? And if so, is that a location or a concept? But then again, the idea of being able to battle it out in an Arena with waves of enemies etc. could easily be considered different from the location.

The moderator rejecting your submission should have left you a comment detailing why - this will be on an e-mail to your registered address (if you can't find it, it's probably in your junk/spam mail folder).

If you want to debate a rejected submission your best bet is to post here like you have done, or contact the moderator directly if they've left their name.