#101 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -
#102 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -

@hailinel said:

Anyone with a thousand points can edit the background image. I doubt the moderators are going to step on anyone's toes if someone adds a background image first.

I've generally been sticking with the policy of not messing with pages where someone with 1000+ points has already set the bg image. I'd like to think if you care enough about a page to get 1000 points on it that you care enough to select a good bg image.

#103 Posted by Yummylee (21557 posts) -
#104 Edited by myketuna (1679 posts) -

I just want to suggest the "elongated arm/air dunk" from Space Jam as the header image for the Michael Jordan character page. If at all possible. That is all.

You know I'm right.
#106 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -

@jeanluc: @yummylee: @immortalsaiyan: I think we've taken care of all of those.

@myketuna said:

I just want to suggest the "elongated arm/air dunk" from Space Jam as the header image for the Michael Jordan character page. If at all possible. That is all.

You know I'm right.

I'm going to defer to @zombiepie on all matters related to his airness.

#107 Posted by ZombiePie (5644 posts) -

@jeanluc: @yummylee: @immortalsaiyan: I think we've taken care of all of those.

@myketuna said:

You know I'm right.

I'm going to defer to @zombiepie on all matters related to his airness.

Done...I hate Michael Jordan.

#108 Edited by Pop (2626 posts) -
#109 Edited by BeachThunder (11861 posts) -
#110 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -
#111 Edited by Hailinel (24429 posts) -
#112 Posted by rpwll (74 posts) -
#113 Posted by Levius (1115 posts) -
#114 Edited by Yummylee (21557 posts) -
#115 Posted by Dixavd (1354 posts) -

While I like the current header for the Final Fantasy X page, I think it should have a little tweak.

While I think this image would suit better (and overall works better on different resolutions), I can see why you may choose to not want the same pose/image on the background one as well as the display picture but it makes a fantastic header.

If you do want to keep with the current one, I have uploaded one which should hopefully mean both Yuna and Tidus's faces should be visible at the same time (rather than what I currently have which is being able to see Yuna's neck and head while only seeing up to Tidus's lips (which is kind of jarring). Although to get this I had to make it so at some resolutions a part of Yuna's hair is obscured by the Display picture (which is why I think the first image ultimately suits better as the focus of the image isn't blocked at any resolution that I can test).

Pick whichever you think is best (and while I did repeatedly try and add them to the Final Fantasy X page, I kept getting repeated errors each time - so I have had to simply leave them on my uploaded images part - meaning you may have to put them on FFX's page).

P.S. Your header testing system is great, thanks for making it.

#116 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

@dixavd: I think I'd like the tweaked one (I was the one who requested the header initially).

#117 Posted by darkvare (765 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/images/1300-2438251 this for the Brütal Legend game cause right now i think is fan art of a unit in the game

#118 Edited by Tearhead (2162 posts) -
#119 Posted by Toug (313 posts) -
Column HeadColumn Head
Sonic Chronicleshttp://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/11/115901/1795580-sonic_chronicles_art.02edit.jpg
Golden Sunhttp://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/7/71010/1210024-wallpaper1_800x600.jpg
Golden Sun Dark Dawnhttp://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/5150/1563534-golden_sun_dark_dawn_03_artwork.jpg
Metroid Fusionhttp://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/1675/302372-metroid4_005.jpg
Ghost Trickhttp://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/1450/1616647-1_junkyardunderground.jpg
#120 Posted by Tearhead (2162 posts) -
#121 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -

@toug: @tearhead: @darkvare: @dixavd: @yummylee: @amatureidiot: @rpwll: @hailinel: Alright, I think I'm caught up on all of those. Thanks for more great suggestions.

A quick reminder, please make sure the image is in the page's gallery. I know server issues may still be making this difficult at times, but it is helpful. If you couldn't add the image to the gallery, please let me know so I don't spend time looking for it.

Also, the gallery links are a little bit easier for me to work with as opposed to the raw image file link.

#122 Posted by Tearhead (2162 posts) -
#123 Edited by Tearhead (2162 posts) -
#124 Posted by Yummylee (21557 posts) -
#125 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I decided to go with this image for Android. It's an easter egg from the Ice Cream Sandwich release.

#126 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
#127 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -
#128 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I can't get the tester to work. That said the images I picked last time worked well. For the most part anyway. Crisis Core did not turn out great.

speaking of which This or This should be better for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

This for Devil May Cry 4

This for Tales of Vesperia

This for Shenmue

This might work for Shenmue II but i'm not keen on it. Up to you. It's harder to find good headers for the older games.

This for Skullgirls

This for Ninja Gaiden II It's not amazing but when most of the images for the game are people getting chopped up you take what you can get.

#129 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -
#130 Edited by Pop (2626 posts) -
#132 Posted by Nadafinga (958 posts) -
#133 Posted by Dixavd (1354 posts) -

Again, I was unable to add them to each game's own gallery (is there a trick to it - I always get a "Very Busy..." message in the middle and a message at the top saying "An error happened, check back later" - I always go into its image library and click the "add new image(s)" button from there; is there an other way of doing it which will work?)

#134 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2495 posts) -
#135 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -
#136 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

This more up for debate, but I don't really care for the current header for Mass Effect 3. I just don't think it really shows what the game is, which I feel is what the headers should do.

I think something like this would work better.

#137 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -
#138 Edited by Wiseblood (641 posts) -
#139 Edited by Pop (2626 posts) -

Got more :D

This for Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver

This for Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (not 100% if that is from soul reaver 2 but when I search soul reaver 2 I get that image and it's in the soul reaver 2 gallery)

This for Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 (I think i tried like 10 different ones I couldn't decide I edited the shit out of them and finally decided on this simple one)

This for Legacy of Kain: Defiance

This for Ultimate Spider-Man

This for League Of Legends

This for Oni

This for Trials 2 Second Edition

This for Need for Speed: Most Wanted

This for Need for Speed: Carbon

This for Trials Evolution

This for StarCraft

This for StarCraft: Brood War

This for Assassin's Creed

This for God of War II

edit: added one more, more tomorrow. I'M ADDICTED!

edit: added a couple more :D

#140 Edited by Nightriff (5037 posts) -

Can someone put one in for Eternal Darkness? I don't care what but just something

Maybe this one (getting Eternal Darkness and the planets in frame) but anything will do.

#141 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -
#142 Posted by Max_Cherry (1133 posts) -

I'm familiar with the image used as the header on the "Alligator" concept page here: http://www.giantbomb.com/alligators/3015-3102/ . This is actually an image of a dead alligator illegally poached from the Florida Everglades. I strongly suggest we change the image to a live Alligator instead of showcasing the fruits of an illegal act. This picture should do nicely. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Florida_Alligator.jpg

Ps: I also suggest we completely remove all forms of the original image from the website entirely. Thank you.

#145 Edited by TheMasterDS (2052 posts) -
#147 Posted by Marino (4656 posts) -

A lot of you guys are suggesting some relatively low quality and/or low res pictures. If it's an image that's not already the width of your screen, it's probably not the best option.

Staff Online
#148 Posted by RonnieR15 (14 posts) -
#149 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1091 posts) -

I think this image (the full size) would fit and work well as the doom header, but I guess it would have to be okay-ed by the artist for use. SO I guess maybe it's not a good image to use.

#150 Edited by BeachThunder (11861 posts) -