#1 Edited by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

I was thinking about creating a new page for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut, but it is already listed under the releases for Deadly Premonition. This got me wondering what constitutes its own page and what doesn't.

For example, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES has its own page, as, retail-wise, it is its own release. So is Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, which similarly has new content not in the original release, but here it is integrated into the releases of Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening.

Since these are all separate releases, with separate titles and changes not in the originals, I think they should get their own pages. And everything I'm talking about are definitely not just straight ports or anything like that. Small or big change, they are not the same games (Super Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, etc. come to mind). What do you think?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Doesn't it depend on how much new content is added? FES adds an entirely new story section.

#3 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

Alright it's been deleted twice so I guess you don't want me to do that.

#4 Posted by StarFoxA (5162 posts) -

If the "Special Edition" or "Game of the Year Edition" is just a repackaged version of the game with DLC/bonuses included, then it can be another release, but if there's actual new content, then it gets a new page.

#5 Edited by dungbootle (2458 posts) -
@starfoxa said:

If the "Special Edition" or "Game of the Year Edition" is just a repackaged version of the game with DLC/bonuses included, then it can be another release, but if there's actual new content, then it gets a new page.

It fits the latter completely and in fact the game even looks/plays differently on a base level. Is the title "Director's Cut" too assuming, does it make it not stick out enough as an independent release? I don't get it.

#6 Posted by StarFoxA (5162 posts) -

@dungbootle: It deserves its own page then. I just looked up the differences, definitely seems like it warrants a new page.

#7 Posted by DeF (4955 posts) -

@starfoxa said:

@dungbootle: It deserves its own page then. I just looked up the differences, definitely seems like it warrants a new page.

Since nothing came from this, I went ahead and created a page today. Feel free to add whatever is missing to Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut.

#8 Edited by StarFoxA (5162 posts) -

@def: I was also referring to the Devil May Cry example that @dungbootle listed! I don't know if that has a page yet.

#9 Edited by DeF (4955 posts) -

@starfoxa: probably not. someone else can take care of that :D

I've done my share of adding director's cuts to the wiki today :P