Some ideas concerning game reviews.

SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SymbolliC

This is more concerning reviews made by non-staff members.

I would just like to have something like a rating system for reviews like for example a commonly seen thumbs up or down. The reviews with more recommendations can be at the top of the review list, than say reviews with a paragraph or two.

Also I would think that reviews on profiles and the reviews page on the gaming pages could be less in length. I think they're a little long and make the pages looks more crowded. I even did this little image to make show an example of what I mean. The first is for show of the reviews area of the profile page. I used my reviews as example. The second image is for the reviews page for games. I tried something different on the second image. Instead of a "Continue" link to get the rest of the review I added a arrow to click to reveal the rest of the review, I could of added another image to have the full review with the arrow pointing up to hide the full review, but I'm sure you guys get the picture.
EDIT: I added a picture of the reviews page, with the reviewing option by the reviews.

Image for profiles
Image for profiles
Image for reviews page
Image for reviews page
Reviews page, with added Rating
Reviews page, with added Rating
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xruntime

Now this is how you make a feature suggestion - nice work on those images!

And I agree with both ideas 100%. Thumbs up / thumbs down like Digg, and a shorter length on each profile page and review page.

SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SymbolliC

Thanks a lot for the support.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a thumbs up/down system, whatever works for the site. They could use something like the posts have the "Rating 0 |[+][-]" Just however they decide. I found visual aids to be more appealing and helpful, so I thought I'd take the extra time to make them.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

I really like your idea as well and great job on the visual aids.

SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SymbolliC
Kush said:
"I really like your idea as well and great job on the visual aids."
Thank you for the support as well as the visual aid comment. I would really like for the staff to give it a thought, and get back to me on it, if possible.
dzigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By dzigns

Great ideas, and awesome images..

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru

I really like this idea, I agree that the current set-up makes everything look really cluttered and quite messy. I hope this idea is used, especially for the profile pages. Those could really be better. Excellent work, I hope they take this into consideration. :)

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nik_NYG
SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SymbolliC
dzigns said:
"Great ideas, and awesome images.."

Thank you so much.

brukaoru
said:
"I really like this idea, I agree that the current set-up makes everything look really cluttered and quite messy. I hope this idea is used, especially for the profile pages. Those could really be better. Excellent work, I hope they take this into consideration. :)"
Right now it's 10 reviews out of all of a person's reviews displayed on the profile right now. Think 10 reviews that are considerably long. That would extend the page and make things look a little messy. Thanks for the support as well. :)

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By sarahsdad

Seems like really good ideas. The idea of having the arrows to reveal the rest of the review seems really cool. I think I would prefer that to having a continue link. Either way, having the snippets there make a lot of sense.

SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SymbolliC
sarahsdad said:
"Seems like really good ideas. The idea of having the arrows to reveal the rest of the review seems really cool. I think I would prefer that to having a continue link. Either way, having the snippets there make a lot of sense."
I also prefer the the arrows to the continue link. They look more neat, and more Giant Bomb style I think.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Origina1Penguin

It can't be too hard to add a thumbs up/down system.  Hell, they could just use the "Rating # [ + ] [ - ]" system.

SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SymbolliC

Yeah, I definitely with you on that. I think it's a great addition to comment on reviews, and I think rating them would be like the cherry on top.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf

Nice work. It would definitely be an improvement over the current pages. :D

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#15  Edited By vigorousjammer

Great idea! I think it'd work great! :-D

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By suneku

This would be a great idea. It'd definitely weed out the bad ones from the good ones.

SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SymbolliC
SpikeSpiegel said:
"Nice work. It would definitely be an improvement over the current pages. :D"
I'm glad you think so. I'm glad to see all the positive responses.

suneku said:
"This would be a great idea. It'd definitely weed out the bad ones from the good ones."
Yeah, I've seen a lot of reviews that are a paragraph long and not really helpful at all. The majority of the members on this site act mature and well-mannered, more than any other site I've been on, so I'm sure they'll rate accordingly, and fair.

Vigorousjammer
said:
"Great idea! I think it'd work great! :-D"
Thank you, I hope the staff think so too.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#18  Edited By JackiJinx

Very nice suggestion. Something tells me that the staff will likely scrunch up the reviews among other items that stretch pages. The [+][-] suggestion, not so certain on. If anything, I think that would alert moderators to look at the poorly rated ones and possibly eliminate the crummy reviews, or better put, "reviews" and maintain stuff that's not there purely for points.