Suggestion: "TBD" and "Cancelled" options for releases.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

I'm looking at the Releases page, and under release dates, there's no options to enter "TBD" or "cancelled" for any game release.

I'm not sure if "Cancelled" is useful, as perhaps if a game gets cancelled, we maybe shouldn't have a release for it anyway. On the other hand, if cancelled games are allowed in the wiki and aren't labeled as such at a sort-able level, then it may cause some more sorting issues.

"TBD" or "TBA" however you want to word it, would be incredibly useful, though... There are Q1, Q2, etc. options, but sometimes there isn't even that approximation, and I think a "TBD" option would solve a lot of that.

Obviously, these would all go under fuzzy dates.

What do you guys think?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

cancelled definitely.

TBD should just be empty date imo

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy
vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#4  Edited By vigorousjammer

@animasta: Perhaps you're right.

@mosespippy: The concept page is nice and all, but wouldn't it be more useful when trying to sort the games in other lists to have it in the release data? I honestly think we could get rid of that concept page and just keep things on a standardized data level.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By rjpelonia

I agree wholeheartedly to this. Since a blank release date could mean either or, seeing a TBD and Cancelled label would be incredibly useful.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

I second the canceled option, for you know, canceled releases, not just canceled games. Like just for example, TMNT came out on PS2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, DS, PC, and GBA... but the PS3 version was canceled.