#1 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

Because a lot of people approve images regardless of content, quality and watermarks, and ignore comments made by other users.
Look at the Horror page (Creature from Eternal Darkness) for example.
There, I just wanted to get it off my chest. Happy New Year everybody!

#2 Posted by Cirdain (2957 posts) -

Often I submit images then go on the mod submission and submit it myself.. Don't worry though I responsible with my power

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

So what do you propose they change to make it un-suck?

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11260 posts) -

An idea would be to just let people with 5000+ wiki points handle stuff. Maybe we could create an unofficial 'incorrect image' thread and if someone finds something wrong we (5000+ people) can just remove it.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (22704 posts) -

This, coming from the guy that deletes characters from Concept-page character lists without leaving any sort of explanation in the submission field.

#7 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1782 posts) -
@Cirdain said:
" Often I submit images then go on the mod submission and submit it myself.. Don't worry though I responsible with my power "
This is what I did. Seems broken to me.
#8 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You are it, buddy!

#9 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -
@Hailinel:  Characters shouldn't be listed under pure gameplay mechanics. It's so cluttered,
#10 Posted by Hailinel (22704 posts) -
@Ignor said:
" @Hailinel:  Characters shouldn't be listed under pure gameplay mechanics. It's so cluttered, "
When those mechanics affect those characters specifically, yes they should.
#11 Posted by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -

What gameplay mechanics are we talking about here?

#12 Posted by Nes (222 posts) -
@Ignor said:
" Because a lot of people approve images regardless of content, quality and watermarks, and ignore comments made by other users.
Look at the Horror page (Creature from Eternal Darkness) for example. There, I just wanted to get it off my chest. Happy New Year everybody! "
I don't think this is a problem with Mod Images. I think it's a problem with game genres not getting their own wiki pages. (People are making blogs referring to the creature when they really mean the Horror genre)
#13 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" An idea would be to just let people with 5000+ wiki points handle stuff. Maybe we could create an unofficial 'incorrect image' thread and if someone finds something wrong we (5000+ people) can just remove it. "
I agree with this and wouldn't mind at all in helping the mods clean up the mess.
#14 Posted by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:

" An idea would be to just let people with 5000+ wiki points handle stuff. Maybe we could create an unofficial 'incorrect image' thread and if someone finds something wrong we (5000+ people) can just remove it. "

There are over 350 images in the queue right now. Most, if not all of them, are adding stuff. What is to be done about those in your theoretical solution? If you're suggesting they just go through without moderation, that's never gonna fly. People could mass-upload crap, easily avoiding detection, and get their live edit privileges without understanding any of the rules pertaining to the wiki or images. The crowd moderation method isn't perfect, but the lack of other tools makes it impossible to moderate images without it. 

Or are you suggesting this in addition to the current system? If so, we have a thread already and it doesn't get a lot of traffic.