The OFLC (Office of Film and Literature Classification) hasn't existed since 2006. Please look at http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/classification.nsf/Page/FrequentlyAskedQuestions_FrequentlyAskedQuestions?open&query=oflc#c12
What happened to the Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC)?
The Office of Film and Literature Classification was previously responsible for classifying films, computer games and some publications. In 2006 the OFLC was closed and its responsibilities were transferred to the Classification Board and the Classification Review Board and the Attorney-General's Department.
Australian game ratings from 2006 are done by 2 government boards:
- Classification Board (to rate the games). http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/classification.nsf/Page/ClassificationinAustralia_Whoweare_ClassificationBoard_ClassificationBoard
- Classification Review Board (to review the classifications of the Board). http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/classification.nsf/Page/Classification_in_AustraliaWho_we_areReview_Board
Could this change be supported in some way?
- Global Search/Replace of OFLC with either CB or ACB (Australian Classification Board)
- Games with a release date before 2006 show OFLC, and games released from 2006 onwards show CB or ACB
- Show both OFLC and CB or ACB in the pick list, with some logic built into the wiki back end that throws a notification if you try to pick an OFLC rating for a game released from 2006 onwards?
- Some other method?
The game ratings of G, PG, M, MA15+ are the current available ratings for games (no R18+ yet. :( ) Older games could also be G8+ (changed to PG), M15+ (changed to M). (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Classification_Board)
Is there a generic method of showing that a game has been banned for a region? Would it be best to show under 'Releases' as something like ACB - RC (Banned)? Maybe create an optional 'Prohibited from Release' type category under the Releases menu item? (And only allow very highly privileged uses to enable that menu option for a game?)
(I'm sorry if I've placed this topic in the wrong forum, but I couldn't think of a better forum to use)