Too Many Concepts

michaelenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By michaelenger

The entire concept section needs to be run through with a fine-tooth comb because there are way too many things there that are not concepts (either that or I'm really not understanding the concept behind a "concept"). Fitting concepts such as "Multiple Endings" and "Silent Protagonist" is hidden behind the myriad of Pokemon species added and the "Fat Hobo" from Penny Arcade Adventures. Are those concepts or are they characters? And do we really need to mention EVERY GOD DAMNED HALO 3 ENEMY??? Perhaps there should be some form of reprimand for getting your stuff deleted? Not when it's rejected (as people can try to add something without fear of death), but you should lose the points you gained if your submission is deleted. Is this how it works? I hope so, because whomever is constantly spamming the concepts section with NPCs and objects (I saw a gun in there somewhere... how can a gun be a concept) needs to get the hell off my gaming site*.

* Disclaimer: I know this isn't MY website, per se, but I'm a fan and I want it to be great.

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingmasters

that's crazy there are not enough concepts

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

I can understand where you are coming from but at the moment the concepts are fine.

Where Pokemon are concerned, yes each one is a concept, because concepts include species at the moment, which will hopefully have their own section soon.

Are there supposed to be pages covering every single enemy from Halo? Yes! This is supposed to be the ultimate gaming encyclopedia, it needs to cover as much stuff as possible.

If you are worried about people adding too many things to concept lists on game pages, so am I, check out this thread for my solution:
Blocking Linking

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By xruntime

I wish this site was a bit more strict on what sort of content gets admitted. I'm sure we're all happy that any kind of content is being added, but I can see a point in the future when we're cleaning through all the junk that's been submitted and we may regret being too lenient early on.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Brad

For now, types or kinds of characters (enemies like goombas or Nazis, for instance, or species of Pokemon) are going in as concepts. The character type is for specific named characters. The example we always fall back on: goomba is a concept, Goombella is a character. You could attach the goomba concept to Goombella. See?

In the future we're going to split out a separate category for groups/races/etc. to make this less confusing. Thanks for your patience.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Disgaeamad
Brad said:
"In the future we're going to split out a separate category for groups/races/etc. to make this less confusing. Thanks for your patience."
Sounds good, I'm looking forward to that.
and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By and333

dude if you think there too many just go through the list then request on the delete & combine board and argue you'll case and you'll get them possibly get them deleted. If you care enough you'll trim the list down to only the good stuff.

michaelenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By michaelenger
and333 said:
"dude if you think there too many just go through the list then request on the delete & combine board and argue you'll case and you'll get them possibly get them deleted. If you care enough you'll trim the list down to only the good stuff."
I could do that, or I could bitch on the forum to get some sort of explanation. I didn't realize that Pokémon species and character types were considered valid concepts, I thought people were just point-mining, but I was wrong and see the error of my ways. I shall now dedicate my life to spreading the one true word of Brad, who knows all.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#9  Edited By JackiJinx
Brad said:
"In the future we're going to split out a separate category for groups/races/etc. to make this less confusing. Thanks for your patience."
Oh, thank goodness. Concepts desperately need more categorizing.