Trivia Request.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

When looking through my submitted trivia it's fun to see how many people got it wrong.  But I have a small request...
it would be even MORE fun if I could see which wrong answer they put!

I understand that people could use this to cheat, essentially, but you guys could make it so that this only comes up if you're logged into your account... I'm pretty sure that would nullify any attempts at cheating, and I'd be able to have some good ol' laughs at the cost of other people's wrong answers.

What do you guys think?

PeanutGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PeanutGod

I have through this myself, and considered asking about it. I'm all for it.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

If only the person who wrote the question could see it I think it would be fine.  Maybe just a percentage of how many people clicked the wrong answer or something if that's not possible.  I'd also like the abilty to mark a question as badly written or inaccurate before I answer it.  On the EndWar page I found a question about which unit Brad likes.  I realise it was probably mentioned on the podcast somewhere but I'm not going to redownload that and listen to it just for a trivia question.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Chummy8

It would be cool to see what answer people put down for your questions.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vigorousjammer

yeah incrediblebulk, I agree... you should be able to mark a question as badly written before you answer it.

but... also, it may be used for cheating.

if you mark something as badly written, it's going to skip that question and go to a new one.

some people may use the system to skip hard questions and I don't think that'd be fair.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

I think it would be neat to see what wrong answer was guessed.

IncredibleBulk92 said:

" I'd also like the abilty to mark a question as badly written or inaccurate before I answer it."
Yes! If we know a question or the answers are wrong before we attempt to answer it, we should be given the ability to flag it.
Ichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Ichi
IncredibleBulk92 said:
"If only the person who wrote the question could see it I think it would be fine.  Maybe just a percentage of how many people clicked the wrong answer or something if that's not possible.  I'd also like the abilty to mark a question as badly written or inaccurate before I answer it.  On the EndWar page I found a question about which unit Brad likes.  I realise it was probably mentioned on the podcast somewhere but I'm not going to redownload that and listen to it just for a trivia question."
Yea I'd really like to comment on WHY a question is bad.  There was one question that had 2 right answers that I remember.  A few that weren't about games at all (movies or books that had game licenses)...
vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vigorousjammer
Ichi said:
"IncredibleBulk92 said:
"If only the person who wrote the question could see it I think it would be fine.  Maybe just a percentage of how many people clicked the wrong answer or something if that's not possible.  I'd also like the abilty to mark a question as badly written or inaccurate before I answer it.  On the EndWar page I found a question about which unit Brad likes.  I realise it was probably mentioned on the podcast somewhere but I'm not going to redownload that and listen to it just for a trivia question."
Yea I'd really like to comment on WHY a question is bad.  There was one question that had 2 right answers that I remember.  A few that weren't about games at all (movies or books that had game licenses)..."
I think this would work wonderfully.  if we can mark why a question was bad, kinda like when you give somebody some bad rep on xbox live or something, it would help the community out majorly.
Also, if they put this into effect then we could probobly put the flag thing before you answer the question, since having to do this would probobly stop most cheaters from skipping questions.

If and they find people constantly file dubious complaints, then they can just simply ban those users from answering trivia.