If you use an Android device, you can now use it to edit Giant Bomb.
Here's what you need to do:
- Install Firefox if you do not have it already.
- Launch Firefox and install the Stylish extension.
- With the extension installed and enabled, install my Giant Bomb mobile edit button style.
That's your inital setup, which you only have to once. Now, let's say you're on the go and you want to edit the Giant Bomb wiki. Here's what you do.
- Use Firefox to navigate to Giant Bomb and select Request Desktop Site from the menu. This will kick you back to the home page if you're not already there.
- Navigate to the page you want to edit the same way you normally would on your device.
- Hit the big old edit button at the top to enable editing mode.
- Tap the save button to expand the save form, optionally enter a comment, then tap the real save button.
Editing is not optimized for mobile devices. The WYSIWYG editor does not work as well as it does on your computer, the save button might get in your way, you may need to rotate your device landscape orientation to access the real save button, and various other things could be broken. Clearly it was disabled for a reason. But it should work fine for simple tasks, which is probably the reason you'd want to edit on a mobile device in the first place.
Unfortunately, it is only available for Firefox for Android at this time. Other browsers do not support extensions or custom styles. If you wish to continue using a different browser, you can use Flashify to open your current URL in Firefox whenever you need to. Requesting the desktop site will send you back to the Giant Bomb home page, so when that happens just press the back button and refresh the page to see the edit button.
A better solution may appear in the future, but for now hopefully you'll find this satisfactory.