What happened to the Cookie Clicker page?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder
pnevares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@beachthunder: Wondering the same here, it's been like this for a few weeks.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

It got cookie click'd.

arjybarjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By arjybarjy

Is there any news on what happened yet?

It doesn't appear in my wiki history either when I wrote quite a bit of text for it.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Part of the reason I stopped doing anything for the Wiki was because of the arbitrary edits. Games that aren't considered important to Americans are usually merged or deleted. I know that sounds small minded, but that's been my experience. Like Sega Master System games getting merged with Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) games despite being developed completely separately... but anything to do with the NES is fine. My (bitter) two cents.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Part of the reason I stopped doing anything for the Wiki was because of the arbitrary edits. Games that aren't considered important to Americans are usually merged or deleted. I know that sounds small minded, but that's been my experience. Like Sega Master System games getting merged with Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) games despite being developed completely separately... but anything to do with the NES is fine. My (bitter) two cents.

Yeah I found that a bit weird as well because it really doesn't make much sense.
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is probably gonna get merged with Final Fantasy IV at some point as well if this keeps happening, haha

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

It's important to note that we don't want to have the wiki cluttered with every free game that's been developed and published by some 15 year old in their basement. I am not saying this is the case with Cookie Clicker, but browser games in the wiki should abide to some requirements, such as a certain amount of discernible mainstream popularity, and/or relevant journalistic coverage.

In the end, the decision to include free browser games in the wiki almost always requires a measure of arbitrary judgement.

We should discuss whether or not Cookie Clicker should be in the wiki bearing this in mind.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@snail: Cookie Clicker fits the guidelines that they set out for browser games - specifically, it has been written about in an editorial capacity by many outlets.

Zauzazu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zauzazu

Cookie clicker has arguably been something of a phenomenon.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@beachthunder: I really don't think I know enough about the game to opine much on its presence in the wiki (except for what that might say about its popularity), but if you really think it should be in the wiki I suggest you tag/PM some staff/wiki mods to call them into this thread.

BagronkeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I also think it has a home inside the bomb. It was/is definitely a phenomenon in the spirit of Candy Box, and has also been a topic in at least one Bombcast and/or Bombin' and makes frequent(ish) appearances on @jeff's Tumblr.

Ping @marino, can we get a ruling here or some clarification on why the page is 404? I would love to have it back.

Thanks in advance! :)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By TruthTellah

Cookie Clicker, just as much as Frog Fractions or Candy Box, deserves to be in the wiki, and considering the contributions some of us have made toward writing up information on the game, it's concerning to hear that it was apparently just taken down. Hopefully it was only done in error.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#13 Marino  Staff

I certainly didn't delete it. I don't see any reason why it should've been really.

BagronkeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BagronkeN

@marino:

Should we re-add it, or can you cast a Resurrection by Moderation spell on it somehow..? Since it still shows up in the search I don't want to add something that makes a duplicate and makes this an even bigger mess :)

...or maybe @jeff deleted it when he moved on to the heavier things (meth) ;)

BagronkeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi all!

Sad news, I PM:ed with Marino and deleted pages are gone forever. There is a site bug that makes deleted pages still turn up in searches.

I've recreated the Cookie Clicker game-page, and have filled it with basic info. Please fill it with your magic :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/cookie-clicker/3030-44364/

Cheers