What if somebody deletes too much content?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShockD

What happens if a user deletes a page worth thousands of words? Is it still recoverable? Can the mods see who and when has modified the page?

I recently saw that somebody has been messing with the paragraphs of a wiki I monitor. While the text is intact, the paragraphs would be a pain in the neck to be fixed so I was wondering whether there are actually backups of past edits. If not, are there at least some kind of measures that could be taken against such users?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@ShockD: I don't want to go too much into what mod tools there are and how they work right at this moment, but I assure you we do have ways to deal with situations where users are outright damaging the wiki. If you believe another user is doing so, contact the mod team via PM and we'll see what we can do.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Gamer_152 said:

@ShockD: I don't want to go too much into what mod tools there are and how they work right at this moment, but I assure you we do have ways to deal with situations where users are outright damaging the wiki. If you believe another user is doing so, contact the mod team via PM and we'll see what we can do.

About time you guys got some tools to work with.....using WayBackMachine to recover vandalized pages wasn't very reliable.