#1  Edited By Morrow

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Morrow

I realized when I really got into a game or liked a specific character, I went over to the Wiki here and checked if I could contribute to the subject ^^ So what makes you write Wiki entries?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

I usually touch up (grammar, spelling, formatting) a game's page when I play through the game itself.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ElixirBronze

I would like to pick both A and D, but I'll go with A for now.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure

A all the way, someday I will go and add more obscure/random Pokemon info to the GB wiki.

sanchopanza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By sanchopanza

@Zenaxzd said:

A all the way,

Yeh same, only filled out 2 wiki pages (though added stuff to a load of others) for games I really like.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Morrow

@sanchopanza said:

@Zenaxzd said:

A all the way,

Yeh same, only filled out 2 wiki pages (though added stuff to a load of others) for games I really like.

I figured that might be the reason for most people ^^ Kinda logical, tho. But I came across a few pages where I thought the subject is quite popular just to find the page nearly empty...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I've actually created a bunch of pages. Sometimes I just find myself checking if the site has a page for something like, let's say Richard Nixon. Turns out it didn't a couple years ago, so I made it. At least I think I made that one. I know I edited it in some form.

And I added a lot to the ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman page. Yeah, just about all of that page is still what I wrote.

But sometimes I just do little edits when I see something is wrong. So a little bit of everything, I guess.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss

When I'm bored or feel like it.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Chemin

I suppose A is the answer most of the time, for me, although D is not that uncommon either to be honest. Sometimes things just look a bit too empty. I also fix grammar and spelling errors when I see them - even if it's a page I have no real interest in (well, I guess I did end up on it somehow). This is especially true nowadays when I don't need moderation for every small edit.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Morrow

@Chemin: Yeah ^^ Although I thought some people would also pick C. But I guess the extra points aren't much of an motivation...

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By FLStyle

Quite frankly I don't trust other users with important pages relating to my favourite franchises, that said if you can do a good job before I get to the page then more power to you.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By swoxx

A. For me, but with the addition that the wiki page needs to be lacking if I'm going to do it.

Also I think it's great that the top editor for the Garrus page is, in fact .

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#14  Edited By sammo21

Not sure really. The one I did most work on was The Path I think. I noticed Giant Bomb didn't have a page for the characters or the game so I went for it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ravenlight

All of the above!

Sadly, I haven't had the time to contribute anything lately :/

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Morrow

@Ravenlight:

Yeah, sometimes writing an article can take a lot more time than expected!

Especially when English isn't your motherlanguage and you feel like checking every sentence three times :-/

When I wrote the character page for Sima Shi I thought it would be easy but I actually had to rephrase a lot after realizing that there is some other information I'd also like to include, etc, etc... plus I had to go over the Jin story again to get all the events in the right order ._.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ravenlight

@Morrow said:

@Ravenlight:

Yeah, sometimes writing an article can take a lot more time than expected!

Especially when English isn't your motherlanguage and you feel like checking every sentence three times :-/

When I wrote the character page for Sima Shi I thought it would be easy but I actually had to rephrase a lot after realizing that there is some other information I'd also like to include, etc, etc... plus I had to go over the Jin story again to get all the events in the right order ._.

I kept getting caught in wiki chains. I'd fill in one page, then have to create three more pages for characters or something, then fill in those, end up creating more pages, etc.

A great way to get wiki points, but a non-trivial timesink.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By TobbRobb

I have barely done any edits, I get the urge when I see inaccurate information or typos, but I've been ignoring it till recently.

I'll fill out a page if it lacks information AND I care about the subject, which happens veeeery rarely.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

If I know I'll be early (I get into a ton of closed betas and such) or there won't be info, I contribute. If it's a franchise I know more than most people about (Mass Effect, Half Life) I will usually go and add details. Occasionally I'll take a wiki task about some obscure thing that has been sitting there for a while.

I've also taken the time to fill out ridiculous charts on a few pages (Age of Empires Online, Tiny Tower).

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By MEATBALL

Sometimes I get really hyped about a game i've been playing and decide to contribute where I can. It's only happened for a couple of games though.

Avatar image for keyboardwarrior
Keyboardwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Keyboardwarrior

I never have and I probably never will. What's the appeal (I mean other than helping your fellow man)?

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#22  Edited By Mnemoidian

I tend to fill out missing information on games that I like that are a bit more obscure (like Pineapple Smash Crew) - though I've not gone that detailed (yet), also cleaning up awkwardly written articles.

Requiring moderation (due to low wiki-score) limits my participation (as I've been in situations where someone else has done the work while my changes were waiting for clearance), but I fully agree with the need for it.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Maajin

I contribute when there's a game that only I can contribute to, like this little gem.

Which reminds me, I need to finish it.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Since this is a community driven site, I think it's the duty of the people to keep the site as informative as possible!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King

No goddamn idea.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By weegieanawrench

A. I currently have a wiki entry that I'm in the process of typing out, and will post it sometime soon when I'm not freaking out about midterms. Next week seems like a great time to finish it.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By valrog

A. I mostly upload pictures, though.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

A. Games i love deserve to have a huge amount of info on the wiki. But I'm a lazy fucker, so it takes me a while to get started.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Morrow

@EarlessShrimp said:

Since this is a community driven site, I think it's the duty of the people to keep the site as informative as possible!

That's the spirit! :)

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Morrow

@Keyboardwarrior said:

I never have and I probably never will. What's the appeal (I mean other than helping your fellow man)?

Aside from helping the site as you already said, consider your articles are read by quite a lot of people, and by contributing quality content you can build up a positive reputation :)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Hizang

Ok so Banjo-Kazooie is the best game ever made, the only problem is nobody else seems to think that way. So by filling out the wiki entries for every single Banjo-Kazooie related thing hopefully people will come to realise that Banjo-Kazooie is the best game ever made.

For example how much do you know about The Jinjonator?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mwng

Tends to be A, when I get bored.

It's all kinds of useful to refer back to when I forget something about said game though.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#33  Edited By Little_Socrates

I've added a few wiki entries because there was zero information about something I wanted to write about.

However, the fact that I'm the top contributor to the Pid page was entirely out of questing for points and mostly came from taking snapshots from the launch trailer.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shaunk

A. I'm a fan of anyone being able to spit knowledge about things they like. Even if that isn't particularly a thing I'm into. Also I try to make the wikis that i primarily edit look nice too with good use of pictures.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By cornbredx

I contribute to the wiki on old games that are obscure or not really that well remembered. Games that I own, mostly (as I own a lot of games). I have little time, though, so I can only do so much and I worry I am not doing it well.  

I made the Battle Beast page, first.  

Was working on doing Arcade America, but the way I do wiki pages I have to pass the game in order to fully remember stuff so I haven't had time to finish it yet. There are other, better games, I started with these because I want to make at least decent pages and figured I'd do it with some less commonly talked about games first.

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Garrus

@Swoxx said:

A. For me, but with the addition that the wiki page needs to be lacking if I'm going to do it.

Also I think it's great that the top editor for the Garrus page is, in fact .

That's because when you look up anything on universipedia these days about somebody, you can safely assume that only 99% of it is incorrect. Writing your own bio at least helps to keep people from thinking you starred in the Batarian theatrical industry.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I only feel confident enough to edit a wiki when I actually know enough about the game, which rarely happens. That's why I have 19K points from BF3, because it was my most anticipated game ever. 
Long months of official-forum frequenting and developer-twitter stalking made me able to know the ins and outs of the game and be able to build that wiki, which makes me wonder how others do it for tens of games!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By Dagbiker

I've been doing the Creatures 3 Page Because no one else is doing it, also I loved that game

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By xMP44x

At one point I was really into editing the wiki. Recently I have not had the same time for it, but in the future I am hoping to make up for that by contributing more to the wiki. At one point I was thirteenth on the site but I imagine that figure has plummeted.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By frankxiv

when i see the page can be added/worked on and i know enough about it to try.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I have never bothered with it. The wiki is not the draw of this site to me.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#42  Edited By InfiniteSpark

@onimonkii said:

when i see the page can be added/worked on and i know enough about it to try.

The same for me. Just started to do some additions/edits on a few pages.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Most of the pages I've edited have been beloved childhood games that had blank or very incomplete pages. Or stuff that's really obscure, like Pu-Li-Ru-La.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zeforgotten

Think I only changed a few spelling errors. So nothing makes me sit down and write an entire wiki. 
I write enough about games to pay the bills so I would rather spend my free time with my friends and close family than writing wikis about them. I do enjoy reading it though

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#45  Edited By Slag

Quests/Points

and a desire to give back to the community, since I used to be a non-subscriber.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By Deusoma

I mainly contribute to correct the failings of previous contributors. And believe you me, there are a lot.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By iam3green

when i find information that i know and there isn't a lot of information there.

my last couple of edits were about scion tc. i drive a scion tc so i know a little bit about the car.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#48  Edited By bobafettjm

Video games are my biggest hobby and something that has been a part of my life since as long as I can remember. Once I found out there was a video game specific wiki that also had great original content? I am there.

I like being able to finally take my knowledge and passion for gaming and do something great with it. I feel good about making a page nice, even if nobody really looks at it.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Morrow

The more I'm reading and using the Wiki, the more I realize there are so many pages that need to be filled... plus many character pages don't even exist yet. I had 3 months vacation, I should have joined this website sooner ._.

Now that I'm back at work, I have only little time to write entries. I sometimes write some on the train home though. My biggest motivation are still characters I like :)

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dillonwerner

If I like the subject and I think that the information that is there is poor, false, or lacking I will add to it.