What's up with my points?

AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AkumaX

I added them all up and they came to just over 4000, probably give or take about a hundred down to errors. My points currently sit at 3140. What gives? Do certain things have to be moderated, did I miss something in the moderation guidelines?

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/AkumaX/submissions/

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By DJ_Lae

Text submissions don't see to go through immediately, so I assume someone's on the other end double-checking them to make sure everything is alright. I figure I should have around 5400 points, although it's still about 1000 short as some of them haven't been tallied.

I'd imagine with the contest they've even more swamped than normal. Poor Luchadeer.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Endogene

There is some lag between when you make the edit and when you recive the actual points, it often happens that i get a couple of hundred points over night because of this.

AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AkumaX

Ah, OK.

I was a bit weirded out, because I jumped up by 600 this morning and then nothing was added to that total of all the edits I made.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

Its a bug, simple as that. The total points shown on your profile don't always show what they should when you actually count up the points you've earned through edits to articles on the Wiki. So basically as long as your points for an edit to an article show up on your Wiki Points section on your profile page then all is cool.

Click here for some clarification on the issue.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By DJ_Lae
Hamz said:
"Its a bug, simple as that. The total points shown on your profile don't always show what they should when you actually count up the points you've earned through edits to articles on the Wiki. So basically as long as your points for an edit to an article show up on your Wiki Points section on your profile page then all is cool.

Click here for some clarification on the issue."
Cool, thanks for the link.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

Think of it as lag.

Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Doogie2K

Will the script be run again right before the podcast draw, so the maximum number of eligible people can be entered?

I'm pretty sure I can't make up the last thousand points in time, but I'm curious.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Gameboi

What are these magical "points" everyone speaks of.  I have yet to see one in the wild.    ;-)

Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Doogie2K

It's a fictitious representation of USD$0.0125.

AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AkumaX

Damn, I don't have much time to make edits and I've missed the 5k mark by about 500. Oh well, I'll get it soon enough.

Thanks for the clarification, though.