Why don't we have a Wii U eShop plaftorm page?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

The Wii U has been out for about 4 months now, and there are a handful of games that have been released for the console exclusively through the its eShop digital download platform. However, I can't seem to find a page for it in the wiki, even though we have a page for the Nintendo 3DS eShop (a page which, for some reason, only recently had its name changed from "3DSWare", or whatever it was).

Am I just not being able to find the page I'm looking for, or does it really not exist?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeF
DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@snail: just so you know, I PM'd Jeff about it again. With VC launching next week, the flood of games that need the Wii U eShop games increases even more. This just cannot wait any longer (for our sake).

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By ZombiePie

After contacting Jeff about this matter his verdict on this matter, and digital shops in general, is as follows:

The lack of a platform merge has more to do with the lack of a tool that can easily merge platforms.

No current desire to split Wii U. The whole reason we split stuff originally was to prevent confusion between the "small" digital games and the "big" retail games, giving the smaller games a place to shine. That split no longer exists in a meaningful way, especially on the Wii U.