Why'd my wiki page get over written?

TDot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TDot

I wrote a decently detailed page about Grim Fandango only to go check that it's been over written by one less detailed. What's the point of writing it if someone just deletes it and writes their own? I thought we were supposed to be adding to each other's ideas, not over riding them.

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Psytek

There's a thread about this somewhere else... having trouble finding it now.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Origina1Penguin
Brad said:
"Lies said:
Emiel said:
"It's messed up that submissions aren't looked at using FIFO (first in first out). Randomly checking isn't fair to people who were first with a certain submission. "
Things are looked at FIFO, I can tell you that much for sure.

The problem is users with 1,000 points get their edits instantly approved,which means they can fill in the article you wrote while your submission is still pending, and they'll get theirs approved first. And in some cases, you were just beat to the article, and someone's submission on Sniper rifles has been pending longer than yours. It's just launch shenanigans at the moment.
"
This is an accurate appraisal of the situation. We apologize for overwrites and long wait times, but we're going as fast as we can right now. More moderators and community approval tools will put this issue to rest soon. (The new crowd image tool is the first example of the latter.)

For now, please make sure you save your work in a separate file; in case it's denied or overwritten erroneously, you'll be able to easily add it back in. We appreciate your hard work and would like it to get the recognition it deserves.
"
"We apologize for overwrites and long wait times"
"For now, please make sure you save your work in a separate file; in case it's denied or overwritten erroneously, you'll be able to easily add it back in. We appreciate your hard work and would like it to get the recognition it deserves."

If you feel that your work is replaced with lower quality material, I recommend resubmitting it.  You'll have to wait a while again, but that's really all you can do.  Make sure you leave a note for the moderator in the appropriate section.
TDot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TDot

... I wish I saved it