Wiki flagging idea

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

I had an idea today in relation to wiki editing. I think there should be a like a "flag" button or something that users could click on if that wiki page needed help. There could be a page where all of the latest flags are shown and wikis with the most flags. Users could "respond" to that flag by adding information, and then the flag would be removed. The idea needs work, but I think this would be an incredibly useful tool for users like me who spend a lot of time editing the wiki.

Tell me what you think.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Metroid545

pretty good idea, maybe you could also throw in a yellow flag thing that means someone has already claimed that page for editing but after a certain amount of inactivity that person would lose the yellow flag and it would again be up for grabs

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

But wouldnt a flag be put on most entries?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StarFoxA
Metroid545 said:
"pretty good idea, maybe you could also throw in a yellow flag thing that means someone has already claimed that page for editing but after a certain amount of inactivity that person would lose the yellow flag and it would again be up for grabs"
No, I mean that people would flag a page that needs help, and other users with more knowledge about the game could edit the page. Not that people would "claim" the page.

Pie said:
"But wouldnt a flag be put on most entries?"
Pages that needed more help would get more flags. As I said, it's more of a rough idea, but with help, I think it could work.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Metroid545

probably but it just means that someone is workin on it, the time for inactivity would probably be like 2 days

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarFoxA
Metroid545 said:
"probably but it just means that someone is workin on it, the time for inactivity would probably be like 2 days"
So you're saying that a flag would expire after time if nobody worked on the flagged article?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, that sounds cool. Although the user should have to select a reason for flagging, so the users who are more suited to a particular task will respond to it. So, for example, you would select grammatical/spelling errors, and then on the flagged pages section it would say that there, and people who are best at editing spelling and grammatical errors. Other reasons could include lack of information, false information, plagiarism (which would be sent directly to moderators and not appear in the flagging page) and probably even more.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StarFoxA
MattyFTM said:
"Yeah, that sounds cool. Although the user should have to select a reason for flagging, so the users who are more suited to a particular task will respond to it. So, for example, you would select grammatical/spelling errors, and then on the flagged pages section it would say that there, and people who are best at editing spelling and grammatical errors. Other reasons could include lack of information, false information, plagiarism (which would be sent directly to moderators and not appear in the flagging page) and probably even more."
That's a good idea.
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
StarFoxA said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Yeah, that sounds cool. Although the user should have to select a reason for flagging, so the users who are more suited to a particular task will respond to it. So, for example, you would select grammatical/spelling errors, and then on the flagged pages section it would say that there, and people who are best at editing spelling and grammatical errors. Other reasons could include lack of information, false information, plagiarism (which would be sent directly to moderators and not appear in the flagging page) and probably even more."
That's a good idea."
I 2nd that.