Point System Question (Bug?)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

So I was editing this game page, which I already had edited several times before. I was bettering the text, and adding some concepts. Still I only got 1 point.

Is this because I had already edited it before (I must have edited like, 4 times now), or is this a bug? I recall all the other time always getting 1 point per concept/object/location/character added.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DanielJW

I think there's probably people better suited to answer this, but I can provide some limited knowledge.  

I know it depends on the magnitude of the changes you made. If you fixed a few misspelled words, changed around a few sentences etc., there isn't a large point value to that. Changes to genre and like aspects of a game over in that little box also yield a small amount of points, it's pretty consistent with adding concepts and objects to pages as I understand it. 

Not sure if this helps you, I could probably help a bit more if I knew the exact changes you made.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snail
@DanielJW: Well, as I said I added a couple of concepts (so that should be 2 points right there), and corrected some misspelled words and the structure of some parts of the text.

I know it's not much, but it might be a bug nonetheless.

Oh, and the text might have gotten slightly smaller. Dunno if that takes away points.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DanielJW
@Snail said:
" @DanielJW: Well, as I said I added a couple of concepts (so that should be 2 points right there), and corrected some misspelled words and the structure of some parts of the text.  I know it's not much, but it might be a bug nonetheless.  Oh, and the text might have gotten slightly smaller. Dunno if that takes away points. "
Ah, well I'm about as lost as you are then. Probably best to wait for a MattyFTM or LordAndrew to drop by. They seem to be up on their wiki stuff.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

Did you actually receive only one point, or did it just claim on your feed that you only got one point? Regardless of what else you do do the page, each concept added should be worth one point. But the activity feed doesn't always accurately represent how many points were earned.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Snail
@LordAndrew said:
" Did you actually receive only one point, or did it just claim on your feed that you only got one point? Regardless of what else you do do the page, each concept added should be worth one point. But the activity feed doesn't always accurately represent how many points were earned. "
Well, it said I had contributed 455 points to the game and now it says I contributed 456 points.
popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By popmasterruler

What are the points even for?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
@popmasterruler: They're just an incentive for editing. They don't really do anything.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By mracoon
@popmasterruler said:
" What are the points even for? "
Once you get a 1000 points you can edit pages without moderation.
popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By popmasterruler
@LordAndrew said:
" @popmasterruler: They're just an incentive for editing. They don't really do anything. "
@mracoon said:
" @popmasterruler said:
" What are the points even for? "
Once you get a 1000 points you can edit pages without moderation. "

Oh,okay.Thanks guys.