First bit of footage has been released.

• 59 results
Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Actually looking pretty good. I'm liking the art style and the destructible environments and stuff.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

hopefuly it goes the guildwars 2 route, because gw2 has been the best mmo I have played wver.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how to feel about this game yet. Conceptually what I see could be interesting, but it feels a little meaningless without seeing how it comes together as a whole.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Aw, hell yea! :)

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagbiker said:

hopefuly it goes the guildwars 2 route, because gw2 has been the best mmo I have played wver.

it does not. Thank God.

No levels or grinding

Dynamic world and quests. Skills earned through quests not through levels

No camp like monster hordes. Instead they unleash monster out into the world and they seek a place to live in. If they are getting pushed back they will leave and seek another place etc.

Destructible Environment with meaning

Quest with meaning and causes to the world.

and so on.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: So have they've talked about how the destructible environments will be meaningful? Because it kind of seems whatever without any context on why I should care.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@darji: So have they've talked about how the destructible environments will be meaningful? Because it kind of seems whatever without any context on why I should care.

For example you can dig holes and build a tunnel. IF you or the enemy uses strong attacks it also can happen that the ground will open and you land in the underworld system. Also we have seen a Giant Monster destroying a whole castle where someone was hiding. You can destroy bridges to use it as your advantage and so on.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: Not mindblowing, but could be neat.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very promising. Hope it's not overpromising. Don't like the character art though, especially on the lion/human hybrid. For the lack of better words, it's too stylized. Too simplified.

Free 2 Play on PS4 confirmed?

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I wonder if it's going to be just another EQ clone or not. Funny how the EQ franchise got pushed out of its own market niche.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vanick

I've never played an EverQuest game before but the art style looks pretty cool.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By TheHT

It's maybe the most visually appealing MMO I've seen. If the character creator has a lot of variety and can still put out characters that look that refined, I'll be super impressed.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching this makes me want to read up on the history of EverQuest and why it was so special back in the day.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#14  Edited By Marino  Staff

@ninessc2 said:

Watching this makes me want to read up on the history of EverQuest and why it was so special back in the day.

If only someone had spent dozens of hours documenting information about that game on this site... ;)

As for the stuff they showed today, I'm pretty excited. A lot of ambitious stuff. Hopefully it all comes together.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@levio said:

I wonder if it's going to be just another EQ clone or not. Funny how the EQ franchise got pushed out of its own market niche.

the stuff we have seen today is not even close to anything in everquest. You will see locations and races from everquest but mechanics are totally different in any way possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll keep one eye on this game and the other on Blizzards Titan. GW2 didn't give me quite what I was looking for, maybe one of these 2 will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I could end up playing this just because of the art direction. FInally someone understands to have a good looking MMO you need an interesting style.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninessc2 said:

At the risk of sounding dumb, you had to be there. If you just talk about it, it's kinda lame.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus: I think there are several MMOs like that out there. I would hardly say this is even the most interesting artstyle you can find in an MMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: For me this is the only one that's impressed me since WoW launched. Everything else just looks too similar.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By McGhee

Call me vaguely interested.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus: The Old Republic really stuck out to me. For all the shit that game got, I really liked the look of it all.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus: Really? What about Wildstar? While I'm not sure if the graphical fidelity is quite on this level, I think the art direction is more unique.

I like the light cartoony vibe this has going on, but it feels a bit on the...I don't want to say "bland", but cliche maybe? It doesn't quite feel like something I haven't seen before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Old Republic looked okay. Something about the faces in that game really weirded me out though.

@zeik: I've never heard of Wildstar until now and it also looks pretty awesome.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Whitestripes09

While these videos all look really nice, I can't help but feel like these are more like tech demos than anything else. Guild Wars 2 promised a lot with it's dynamic events effecting the rest of the world, and in some cases some do... but they never really had any meaning. If the world is truly destructible then what does that mean about rest areas, zoning, shards, cities, etc.? If those are all gone and everything is player created then it seems like it's not really an mmorpg anymore and instead just an mmo with player created content that has no meaning...

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@darji said:

@dagbiker said:

it does not. Thank God.

No levels or grinding

No camp like monster hordes. Instead they unleash monster out into the world and they seek a place to live in. If they are getting pushed back they will leave and seek another place etc.

and so on.

I meant more with the pricing, Pay a 60$ fee once, and then supplement it with an ingame store, as opposed to a subscription system.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

I'm am really liking the art style, and I liked the whole aspect of the environment being dynamic. Let's hope this comes out on PS4.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagbiker said:

@darji said:

@dagbiker said:

it does not. Thank God.

No levels or grinding

and so on.

I meant more with the pricing, Pay a 60$ fee once, and then supplement it with an ingame store, as opposed to a subscription system.

It is free to play. With premium options if you want to.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jArmAhead

Wow, this looks like a really big change from typical MMOs.

@darji said:

@dagbiker said:

it does not. Thank God.

No levels or grinding

and so on.

That all sounds really interesting. Especially monsters feeling like they live in the world, if it works.

I will say that the jumping stuff looks stupid in my opinion. I don't feel like I'm roaming a cool open world when moving around that world feels like a 3D platformer, and it just seems out of place. Make more interesting environments that need you to traverse without needing double jumps and hovering.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Huey2k2

I guess hotbar MMO's are going the way of the dinosaur now eh?

It's a shame, I actually like them. I really don't like the trend that a lot of MMO's seem to be going towards now of having different weapons change your class/abilities. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment, but I actually enjoy long grinding MMO's with set classes, ones where you can't just change your character on a whim because you suddenly decided that you want it to be something completely different than it is.

Blah.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the art style.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey2k2 said:

It's a shame, I actually like them. I really don't like the trend that a lot of MMO's seem to be going towards now of having different weapons change your class/abilities. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment, but I actually enjoy long grinding MMO's with set classes, ones where you can't just change your character on a whim because you suddenly decided that you want it to be something completely different than it is.

Blah.

you will still have your typical roles in MMO's Healer, Tank, Supporter, DD and so on. Also you do not grind for levels but rather explore the world for more skills better armor etc. There is also a morality system. So if you want to be a paladin you have to be lawful good. EQN has also a tier system for your class for example if you want to advance you need a full set of a certain armor, skill and so on.

It is a really cool system in my opinion.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

it reminds me of that neverwinter game.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I'm excited and have signed up for the Beta. However, this line from our wiki somewhat soured me on the game:

• Designed from the beginning with PvP in mind.

...as I have zero interest of PvP in any form whatsoever. Really bumming me out if it's true.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey2k2 said:

Blah.

I really like hotbar MMOs too.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm not much of a fan of MMOs, but if this is f2p on PS4, I might try it out. Looks pretty interesting.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#37  Edited By Marino  Staff

@cincaid said:

I'm excited and have signed up for the Beta. However, this line from our wiki somewhat soured me on the game:

• Designed from the beginning with PvP in mind.

...as I have zero interest of PvP in any form whatsoever. Really bumming me out if it's true.

That line is from 2010, which before the entire game was scrapped and they started over. That's why it's under the Development header.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheHT

So the building game is coming out this year? That should make the wait much easier. The whole "buy an opportunity to help do our jobs" thing makes me feel a bit iffy, but whatever, if it's fun I'll play it.

Here's the full presentation from a few days ago:

Loading Video...

Annnnnnnnnnd here's a panel on Character Classes. The character skill customization with supporting items sounds pretty interesting.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

As someone who isn't a huge fan of MMOs and as someone who missed what many people call the best MMO, I'm excited for this. Signed up for Beta.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninessc2 said:

At the risk of sounding dumb, you had to be there. If you just talk about it, it's kinda lame.

It's true..it was pretty ground breaking at the time..but at the same time it highlighted the limitations of MMOs...limitations that are still kind of there.

JNeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now, will it need a subscription?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jneam: Nope, F2P. I think there will be a shop that won't be p2w but I guess we won't know that until the game is actually released.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@darji said:

@dagbiker said:

it does not. Thank God.

No levels or grinding

and so on.

So, it sounds like GW2.

With the same amount of pre-release hype and hyperbole.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far the biggest bummer is that the EU version is being handled by ProSiebenSat and not SoE.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Considering how far SOEmote has come in the last year in Everquest 2, I'm excited to see how it will be in Everquest Next.

I mean, this video from a few months back shows its current state in E2, and if the newer version in Everquest Next is even better, that's really cool. It's already pretty impressive. I might have to try out Next just to see how the SOEmote tech is coming along.

Loading Video...

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@dagbiker said:

it does not. Thank God.

No levels or grinding

and so on.

So, it sounds like GW2.

With the same amount of pre-release hype and hyperbole.

No GW2 was always instant effects this one is not. And yeah totally bothered by the Prosiebensat1 thing. They are good TV stations but for a game like that?^^

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty good, but I thought the same about Guild Wars 2 until it was released.

I would really like to get into a fantasy MMO but they pretty much all look and play the same, generally speaking. I'm basically waiting for a fantasy MMO that doesn't look or play like an MMO.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the combat typical MMO press number keys in a specific order until enemy is dead? Or is it more engaging? That could make or break this game for me.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played everquest, is the combat the usual shitty WoW like BS click and forget thing or actually good?

Looks nice anyway, being F2P I'll sure give it a try, just hope they don't make it P2W like planetside 2....

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Belegorm

I think no one's really said some important things in this thread yet about this game. First, this game is supposed to be a total sandbox MMO. Meaning that we're going back to the days of Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies where you had player-created cities, skills you'd level up by using instead of gaining class levels, and crafting/entertaining classes put on the same level of importance as combat classes.

Would you believe that in SWG people would play almost the whole game as a dancer? The goal isn't to "beat" the game, or beat the content, it's to experience living in a virtual world with thousands of other players.

Second, this game is CLEARLY drawing on a lot of ideas from Minecraft. They've got a theme of destructibility, and permanence. So you can dig a hole in the ground, and that hole will stay there. The world is based on the idea of "voxels" which are like the blocks in minecraft. However, obviously there will be limitations because otherwise the players would probably destroy the whole world in a couple of days.

This game is very different from GW2 (which is a themepark MMO) and even more different from EQ1 and EQ2 (EQ1 having invented the themepark MMO). This is a sandbox, maybe even moreso one than EVE Online.