#1 Posted by StarvingGamer (8378 posts) -

It may be 10 month away, but the Evo people decided to put this trailer out anyway:

Most notable is the announcement that they will be transitioning from PS3 to Xbox360 as the lead platform. This is a change that a number of top players have been clamoring for due to the generally more consistent performance of games like UMvC3 and SFxT on 360. Fortunately, this will not preclude games without a 360 port from being considered for the tournament. Dave Lang can rest easy.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14712 posts) -

Dave Lang never rests easy.

The Lang Zone is a dangerous place to be in at all times

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

YAY NO MORE PS3 LAG

#5 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Unfortunately they'll all be launch-model units on the verge of the RROD.

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

Oh that's good to hear.

#7 Edited by ThunderSlash (1827 posts) -

ChrisG is gonna have to make up some new excuses.

#8 Edited by BigJeffrey (5076 posts) -

360?

#9 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

be prepared for a 3 day Killer instict session with the final playing as finish XD

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

My guess is that only Capcom games will be on 360 and everything else will be on PS3.

Also I think this will be the first EVO/fighting game tourney I will go to.

#12 Edited by StarvingGamer (8378 posts) -

@jjor64: Yeah, I know that PS3 is the preferred platform for most 3D fighters and anime fighters. It would be interesting if they still pushed everything multiplat onto 360 because that's what they'll have hooked up, only to have a different group of players start bitching about the platform.

Also I am jelly, I wish I could go.

#13 Posted by mrcraggle (1954 posts) -

But there's no DiveKick for 360.

#14 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

Hurray for getting the hype train rolling early, it's a good start.

Read the post and not just the thread title.

#15 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

With the new consoles coming out soon, i wouldn't be surprised if MS decides to either give or sell a bunch of 360s to Evo for cheap to make this happen.

#16 Posted by mrcraggle (1954 posts) -

@flstyle said:

Hurray for getting the hype train rolling early, it's a good start.

@mrcraggle said:

Read the post and not just the thread title.

It was a joke, jeez.

#17 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -
#18 Posted by EXTomar (4843 posts) -

What does this mean? I'm surprised that a competition has "lead platforms" for the entire event where it should be handled on a game by game, case by case basis.

#20 Edited by senrat (324 posts) -

Seems reasonable , digital foundry can vouch for 360 performance advantage. Im guessing even the dropping of a few frames can frustrate those guys.

#21 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

@extomar said:

What does this mean? I'm surprised that a competition has "lead platforms" for the entire event where it should be handled on a game by game, case by case basis.

Capcom games have been notorious for running poorly on PS3, it became one of the key talking points this year regarding how tournaments are run.

#22 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

Yet. There's no Divekick for 360 YET.

#23 Edited by EXTomar (4843 posts) -

@flstyle said:

@extomar said:

Capcom games have been notorious for running poorly on PS3, it became one of the key talking points this year regarding how tournaments are run.

That I don't doubt but the issue seems to be that Evo, as an organization, lacks some fundamental organization (pun!). They need to have some "committee" that is constantly reviewing the game and how it performs and recommending that to the "directors" instead of just saying "We are going to go 360 first" and finding out later there is a problem on one game on the 360 or something nice on on another platform for another.

#24 Edited by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

@extomar said:

@flstyle said:

@extomar said:

That I don't doubt but the issue seems to be that Evo, as an organization, lacks some fundamental organization (pun!). They need to have some "committee" that is constantly reviewing the game and how it performs and recommending that to the "directors" instead of just saying "We are going to go 360 first" and finding out later there is a problem on one game on the 360 or something nice on on another platform for another.

Evo is not an organisation in any shape or form, it's 3 guys with full time jobs organising and running a tournament event in their spare time. What you're describing is simply not possible.

#25 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

The lead console couldn't matter less to me, but what does matter is another EVO. I always assumed it was happening, but confirmation is definitely nice.

#26 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1083 posts) -

Honestly it really doesn't matter that much to me. As long as they put on a good show (as usual) then everything is fine.

Although it would be really interesting if something did die during a match lol.

#28 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

@flstyle said:

@extomar said:

@flstyle said:

@extomar said:

Evo is not an organisation in any shape or form, it's 3 guys with full time jobs organising and running a tournament event in their spare time. What you're describing is simply not possible.

Also why does the Cannon bros. and Mr Wizard have to research? The communities in SRK, Dustloop, Tekken Zaibatsu, Free Step Dodge and many others can take care of the ground work.