• 147 results
Posted by patrickklepek (4624 posts) -

The latest game to move from fall 2014 until early 2015? Evolve. It's now scheduled for February 10.

Yup.

Take-Two casually announced a delay for the anticipated multiplayer shooter as part of its earning report.

Staff
#1 Posted by HammondofTexas (708 posts) -

Whoa. I was actually looking forward to this game this year.

#2 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

That's crazy. They had ads all over RAW last night

#3 Posted by Roboculus92 (518 posts) -

Guess the game needed more time to evolve.

#4 Posted by CrimsonJesus (76 posts) -

It was clear it needed this time if the Alpha was any representation of the current state of the game.

#5 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Boom!

Lock down the comments, this guy won.

#6 Edited by Mister_V (1296 posts) -

Hmm.. can't say i'm too bothered. I don't really see the appeal of Evolve. It just seems like a scaled down Natural Selection. Maybe it's one of those games you need to play to "get it"

Will be interesting to see what they do with the extra time.

#7 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Uuuuuugh. The worst part is that this sounds like the kind of a sentence some buzz marketing executive at Take-Two said during the meeting.

This sucks. This was the game I was most looking forward to this year.

#8 Posted by Steadying (1250 posts) -

man this is getting repetitive. not that i was actually looking forward to this game. but it still sucks for the peeps who were.

#9 Posted by Ceno (115 posts) -

Well everyone at GB should have ample time to play all the games up for 2014 GOTY stuff this year.

#10 Posted by EuanDewar (4938 posts) -

Well. Damn.

I hope the extra time they now have allows them to do whatever they needed to get done.

#11 Posted by kacho_on (19 posts) -

Delay ALL THE THINGS

#12 Posted by iknowthatname (27 posts) -

Evolve looks incredible. If they need time to prove me right, then I will wait. In the meantime, I guess I will give 2K more Borderlands money.

#13 Posted by PatODay (220 posts) -

Getting out of the way of that Fantasia game.

#14 Posted by KarlPilkington (2731 posts) -

Patrick, there are lots of games coming out for the rest of the year, too many in fact.

#15 Posted by Dberg (603 posts) -

I thought this was a Valve game. ...why did I think this was a Valve game? I'm confused.

#16 Posted by MATATAT (286 posts) -

Let me sing you a song about the games I haven't played and need time to play.

#17 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

Someone pressed B I guess

#18 Posted by bored_and_agitated (21 posts) -

2015 is gonna be a crazy year for games

#19 Edited by Carryboy (681 posts) -

balls

#20 Edited by ViciousBearMauling (1103 posts) -
But I want video games THIS year!!!! Damn your "A delayed game is better than a bad game" garbage!!!! GIVE ME NOWWWW

#21 Posted by LucidDreams117 (395 posts) -

That's cool. More games to play next year. I'm okay with this.

This fall looks like I'll be sucked into Destiny and Halo all over again.

#22 Posted by KarlPilkington (2731 posts) -

@animasta said:

Nice.

#23 Posted by AlexGBRO (297 posts) -

@ceno: last of us remasterd goty 2014

#24 Posted by dOm_CaTz (224 posts) -

Looks like February 2015 is going to be a great month for games.

#25 Posted by Zim (8 posts) -

The alpha just ended and it seemed alright. Needed a few minor things polished but uh... wow

#26 Posted by TurboMan (7547 posts) -

Oh well, now I guess I'll have to settle for Far Cry, Dragon Age, WWE 2k15, Madden/Sports, Shadow of Mordor, Halo Remakes, Destiny, Super Smash Bros, Assassin's Creed Unity, Alien, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Advanced Warfare, The Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive, and a huge number of Digital games.

People saying that there are no games this year are crazy people.

#27 Posted by mrsmiley (1108 posts) -

Thank God. This fall was looking a bit too pricey for my taste. And besides, DESTINY!!!

#28 Posted by theveej (831 posts) -

well that halo collection looks very exciting now (honestly no joking, AC:Unity and Halo Collection are the only games im excited about)........ thank god I have an okay PC for some steam games

#29 Posted by GunstarRed (5189 posts) -

I want to say thank god for that! But I'm also a little bummed out by it.

#30 Posted by GiantBombSmark (8 posts) -

This one was a toss-up for me on whether to pass on it or wait until I had nothing else I wanted to play more. I'm not a big fan of games where heavy co-op is the main focus because I don't want to rely on three random guys who might not have a mic or just don't give a shit as online people tend to do. And, with friends and myself working and schedules barely ever lining up, it's just not worth it, imo.

#31 Posted by spraynardtatum (2972 posts) -

@patrickklepek Giantbomb needs a "most disappointing delay" category during this years Game of the Year Awards.

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Evolve
  • Halo 5
  • The Witcher 3
  • The Order: 1886
  • Quantum Break
  • Dying Light
  • The Division
  • Mad Max

I feel like I'm missing some still...

#32 Posted by Beerbaron17 (4 posts) -

It's alright honestly. The end of this year is stuffed to the gills with awesome sounding games already. I was afraid I wouldn't have the time to play it.

#33 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1708 posts) -

@patrickklepek Giantbomb needs a "most disappointing delay" category during this years Game of the Year Awards.

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Evolve
  • Halo 5
  • The Witcher 3
  • The Order: 1886
  • Quantum Break
  • Dying Light
  • The Division
  • Mad Max

I feel like I'm missing some still...

Halo 5 was never a 2014 game, and games like The Order and The Division never had release dates and seemed very likely to miss 2014.

#34 Posted by slyspider (1233 posts) -

Time to mentally delete this game until next year, honestly my biggest game I'm waiting for is now Persona Q

#35 Posted by cloudymusic (1118 posts) -

Guess I'll be getting Destiny after all.

#36 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (106 posts) -

This should bum me out, but...all it means is I get to spend less money in October. So...im kinda thankful for this...

#37 Posted by ripelivejam (3976 posts) -

And my 200+ steam backlog remains unchallenged :'(

#38 Posted by Rotnac (770 posts) -

Fine by me. I'm still chipping away at my massive backlog of games.

#39 Edited by spraynardtatum (2972 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: Don't you dare say that Halo 5 was never a 2014 game. Straight up lies. I don't care how vague their wording was at E3 2013.

EDIT: Also, didn't The Division and The Order both say 2014 in their reveal trailers? I specifically remember 2014 for both of those games.

#40 Posted by DayOneAdvantage (87 posts) -

Fuck Turtle Rock.

They fired an employee over the Donald Sterling thing just for saying it was wrong to use an illegally-recorded private conversation against him in a supposedly free country.

I refuse to support Evolve or any other game they ever develop.

#41 Posted by Bollard (5556 posts) -

@animasta said:

Deep.

#42 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1708 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: Don't you dare say that Halo 5 was never a 2014 game. Straight up lies. I don't care how vague their wording was at E3 2013.

EDIT: Also, didn't The Division and The Order both say 2014 in their reveal trailers? I specifically remember 2014 for both of those games.

That "journey begins in 2014" shit was always referring to the Master Chief Collection. They were using that line even after confirming Halo 5 was 2015.

#43 Posted by ajamafalous (12000 posts) -

@turboman said:

Oh well, now I guess I'll have to settle for Far Cry, Dragon Age, WWE 2k15, Madden/Sports, Shadow of Mordor, Halo Remakes, Destiny, Super Smash Bros, Assassin's Creed Unity, Alien, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Advanced Warfare, The Evil Within, Sunset Overdrive, and a huge number of Digital games.

People saying that there are no games this year are crazy people.

To be fair, I'm only interested in a total of one of those games, and it's the fucking wrestling one. A majority of people don't play every big game that comes out, due to money, time, or lack of interest, so there's bound to be disappointment when Game X gets delayed, because it was certainly someone's most (and someone's only) anticipated game.

#44 Posted by AlexGBRO (297 posts) -
#45 Posted by mrfluke (5160 posts) -

meh, of all games, that game needs a public beta out there for folks to play, always hearing all the press saying that the game is a blast, but just watching it, i just dont see it.

#46 Edited by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

I'll probably be on my 2nd 3rd 4th (?) playthrough of Dark Souls 2 by then...

#47 Posted by Nethlem (415 posts) -

@mister_v said:

Hmm.. can't say i'm too bothered. I don't really see the appeal of Evolve. It just seems like a scaled down Natural Selection. Maybe it's one of those games you need to play to "get it"

Will be interesting to see what they do with the extra time.

A scaled down Natural Selection? Either you don't understand what Evolved is actually about or you never played Natural Selection.
These games have pretty much nothing in common, except for sharing the "meele vs ranged" theme in an FPS multiplayer game.

There are no PvE elements in Natural Selection, there are no RTS elements in Evolved, yet both of these are very defining features for these games.

For all purpose and effect, Evolved is actually the "more asymmetric competitive FPS" because it's asymmetry even goes as far as having different team sizes, while Natural Selection ends up being only asymmetric in terms of each sides abilities, but not playernumbers.

#48 Posted by DaveKap (12 posts) -

3 possible reasons for the delay.

1. Their network and load times were too slow and need a complete restructuring to support the actual player-base at launch.
  2. And October release this year is an incredibly risky proposition thanks to the amazing releases coming in September through November.
  3. They actually only had 3 monsters, 2 characters per class, and 5 maps ready for release (this is a guess) and their surveys revealed that this is not even close to what will be necessary to sell a $60 game.

That being said, the alpha was something I'd pay $20 for. It was that fun. This delay can do nothing but good for the game.

#49 Posted by thefriend (123 posts) -

2014: Year of the No Games

#50 Posted by spraynardtatum (2972 posts) -

@spraynardtatum said:

That "journey begins in 2014" shit was always referring to the Master Chief Collection. They were using that line even after confirming Halo 5 was 2015.

BULLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! You don't subtly hint at a different unannounced game during the reveal trailer for Halo 5. I don't care what they do to backtrack. They're LIARS!