Avoid This Game Like The Plague

BeardyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you're expecting a F.E.A.R. game (such as F.E.A.R. Combat), this is not the game for you. Although it uses F.E.A.R. 2 assets and the engine, they've somehow made it look a lot worse and made everything sluggish. Yes, there is a cash shop in the game. Yes, it is the typical F2P cash shop (boosts, better weapons, etc.).

First and foremost, the PvE, or as they call it, the Campaign, is a wave-based progression shooter with tons of bullet sponge enemies and constant ammo deficiency. They've tried to incorporate "horror" elements from the F.E.A.R. games (mutants, occasional bloody footprints, etc.) but it's all forced and really in your face. The PvP portion of the game is just your standard slog-fest and is way worse than the MP in F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2. If you've played any Korean F2P shooter (Pointblank, CrossFire, etc.) this is exactly that except slower.

TL;DR If you're expecting a F.E.A.R. Combat reboot, don't. It's much much worse.

Side note: If you want to go back and play F.E.A.R. Combat, fear not! Even though the GameSpy servers were shut down, the community has made their own master server list to continue hosting the game, and it's fairly active (Around 50~ of the same people) at peak hours.

http://fear-community.org/

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The first FEAR's multiplayer was so good. Limited amount of modes, but the maps were great and that shooting... so good.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bummer. FEAR Combat/FEAR 1 MP was incredible. Running around gibbing dudes and jump kicking them in the face. Haven't played any FPS multiplayer since that was as satisfying.

jazzylament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, the enemies aren't bullet sponges in PVE when I played it today, but there are some unfathomably terrible design choices. I think I'll post a review eventually.

But all the female characters I've seen so far don't wear a lot of armor and have some sort of high heel. Everything between high heel combat boots and stiletto heels. >_<

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I'm of the opinion that there has never been a good FEAR game; with FEAR 2 being the closest Monolith got to making a cohesive experience and the less said about F3AR the better.
Nevertheless some people really like the series so it's a bummer to see the brand being slapped on a exploitative F2P shooter. It's not like we don't already have enough of those.