Posted by Jeust (10755 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: I like Fable! Do you like Fable? What is your favourite Fable? (124 votes)

Fable 13%
Fable: The Lost Chapters 23%
Fable II 45%
Fable III 5%
Dunno... 3%
Just show me the results already! 10%
#1 Posted by Jeust (10755 posts) -

What Fable game do you like the most? And why?

I didn't include Fable: The Journey as it has little to do with the other games, appart from the overworld.

#2 Posted by MEATBALL (3334 posts) -

Fable II is probably my favourite. I also actually really enjoyed Fable III and never felt like it was terribly worthy of all of the hate it got.

#3 Edited by Jeust (10755 posts) -

@meatball said:

Fable II is probably my favourite. I also actually really enjoyed Fable III and never felt like it was terribly worthy of all of the hate it got.

Personally I loved Fable III. I found the story awesome, and the mixture of the powers gave rise to some cool effects. I also loved the world they built.

Fable: The Lost Chapters is a close second though. I loved the twist. I really felt strongly about it.

#4 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Fable 2 is the better game but the one I really loved was the original. I just didn't think that the series advanced like it should have in the sequel and I never played 3 because of that same reason.

#5 Edited by Yummylee (22066 posts) -

Haven't played the first, but I loved Fable 2. I can remember spending about 12 hours just messing about in the world, completely ignoring the story. In fact I may have spent the first hour blacksmithing... Fable 3 on the other hand I thought was terribly mediocre and just about every aspect of Fable 2 had taken a step back or was made to be completely redundant. I mean they actually made the social interactions to be even more shallow than they were in Fable 2!

#6 Posted by ajamafalous (12039 posts) -

Why did you include 1 and TLC? They're like 90% the same game.

Anyway, 1. Fable is my favorite game on the original Xbox. Fable II was so disappointing by comparison, though it was fine, I guess. It just wasn't anything like the first game.

I bought III on sale on Steam but I haven't played it yet.

#7 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

@mcghee said:

Fable 2 is the better game but the one I really loved was the original. I just didn't think that the series advanced like it should have in the sequel and I never played 3 because of that same reason.

This is my answer as well.

#8 Posted by chrissedoff (2153 posts) -

I think Fable II is still my favorite 360 game when I really think about it.

#9 Posted by Daveyo520 (6862 posts) -

I have only messed around with the first one a little bit so I guess that one.

#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (16018 posts) -

Fable 3 because I liked the steam punkish world best.

#11 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

II for sure.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6555 posts) -

Fable 2. It was just an excellent, bizarre, fun game all around. So was Fable 1, but 2 really nailed it for me. 3 ain't half bad either, but it's just so stripped down. Still a great game though.

I'll have to marathon the trilogy some time, and really compare them back to back.

#13 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

It would be Fable III if it weren't for the stupid menu system, so Fable II.

#14 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Fable: The Journey...

Just kidding, Fable 2.

#15 Posted by ConfusedOwl (952 posts) -

Think I enjoyed Fable 1 the most but Fable 2 comes really close. I've played through the first 3 times and it was one of the first original Xbox games I played (One of the only good as well)

#16 Posted by Xymox (2106 posts) -

So it looks like TLC or Fable 2 is the way to go.

I'm really trying to give TLC (and with it, the fable franchise) a shot, but I feel like I'm running around aimlessly at the moment. It had an okay opening, but now every time I log in I just end up in some random place that's not even close to where I saved the game so I keep having to run back to where I was, if I even remember where that was, or what I was doing. So far my time with it has been just really confusing. I just feel I'm missing something constantly.

How do I see what mission is part of the "main quest" and make sure I only follow that for a while to get into the story? And how do I buy property and start making some money? Wasn't that a big thing with fable, like you could own stores and you character would make money even if you weren't playing or something...? I dunno.

#17 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

Fable 2 is my favorite but I really enjoyed Fable 3. I never got around to playing Fable 1 so I have no idea if it's good or not.

#18 Posted by phuzzybunny (173 posts) -

Fable 2! I played through it twice to completion. I hardly do that with games nowadays. I always say I'm going to but something comes up. That counts for something, right?

#19 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

Fable 3 is...Bad.

#20 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

Anything but the horrid third-term abortion that is Fable III. II was cool, but I might have enjoyed the first more cause of the novelty of the whole idea.

#21 Posted by Nightriff (5156 posts) -

Fable: The Lost Chapters was a fantastic game, it was the first RPG I ever played so it holds a special place in my heart, FUCK all others.

#22 Posted by EXTomar (4848 posts) -

Fable 1 was an interesting idea...and then it went downhill from there.

#23 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

Never been an xbox person but when my sisters bf brought his over like 7 years ago I played a good amount of the first Fable. Was fun, probably the most promising game I played on xbox at the time.

#24 Posted by ThePencil (390 posts) -

I really liked Fable, it was a fun world with a lot of lore and world building stuff that I was really into (Jack of Mother Fucking BLADES!) loved what The Lost Chapters added to it (Briar Rose ftw!) and became a die hard fan in Fable 2 (Zombie Lady Gray anyone? How awesome was that quest? And the Chesty quest? And-and-...ah frell it, Imma just go play Fable 2 again) Fable 3...I was really dissapointed by (bought the special limited edition and everything) but I liked some of the world expanion stuff, and had a genuine interest in the lore and mythology that they were bringing in.

I'm anxious to see what Lionhead have planned for the series after The Jounrey (which I didnt bother getting, and just watched the story stuff on youtube)

#25 Posted by ahab88 (241 posts) -

Fable 3 people are crazy. Fable 2 is almost a perfect game for me. Love it so much.

#26 Edited by StudsMcKewl (73 posts) -

You forgot to add Fable 2 Pub Games, which would be the clear winner of this vote.

#27 Posted by HH (611 posts) -

i was in love with fable 2 for quite the while, finished it three or four times, also had a badass evil dude who could take down guards pretty efficiently, must go back and finish his run one of these days.

#28 Edited by TobbRobb (4752 posts) -

It's aged like complete shit. But Fable:TLC is one of my favorite games of all time. It did a lot of cool shit for its time.

#29 Posted by bobafettjm (1520 posts) -

I am going to be a crazy person and admit that Fable III was my favorite. I really loved that game, enough that I played through it 3 times.

#30 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I like the gameplay of Fable 1 better, the world of Fable 3 better, and the content of Fable 2 better.

Why don't you guys like Fable 3? What was it that turned it from a good game to an horrible one?

#31 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

@klei said:

I like the gameplay of Fable 1 better, the world of Fable 3 better, and the content of Fable 2 better.

Why don't you guys like Fable 3? What was it that turned it from a good game to an horrible one?

The clunky, annoying start menu. Also there wasn't really any travel int he game. teleport to one city then to the next....