Will I like Fable Anniversary?

cashbasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It's not necessarily as "deep" as the other games you mentioned, in terms of overall role-playing nerdery. The story's definitely there, but don't expect to need to pay much attention to numbers or anything. Even so, I've played through it a few times, and probably will again. It's good fun.

My only fear is that the enjoyable Fable Anniversary would eventually make you play Fable 3. Do NOT play Fable 3. That game gave me a horrible rash.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Fable and it's sequels are very easy games with no real penalty for death if you even die at all. That being said, Fable is still a decent game and there are much worse RPGs out there so I recommend checking it out if you're interested.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Fable's combat is not as a deep as the other games you've mentioned but the world and characters have an undeniable charm. I'm definitely an outlier because I actually really enjoyed Fable 3. Having recently played Fable Anniversary I can say it holds up decently for a decade old game but there are a huge number of technical issues that, to my knowledge, still have not been patched. I 100%'ed the game in about 20 hours and it must have completely locked up my system 13 or 14 times.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@dj_b_rock: Every game, franchise, character, and platform (and more) have their own Wiki page and dedicated forum on Giant Bomb. Please try to use them when appropriate. Moved this to the Fable Anniversary forum. Thanks.