Legendary enemies

• 53 results
GamerChiCcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've put in about 11 hours so far into this game. I'm just now getting to diamond city. My question is how frequent are the encounters with legendary enemies? is there a certain quest for them to start or a certain point in the game? I just ran into one legendary enemy so far near diamond city is that normal?

Avatar image for mechamarshmallow
MechaMarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on your difficulty level.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Apparently you see more the harder the difficulty. I see them all the time on normal though. (Hard will be my second playthrough, probably won't touch survival)

GamerChiCcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: @mechamarshmallow:I've been playing on hard :/ and I've killed a ton of raiders and other enemies throughout my 11 hours of game play so combat frequency has not been an issue, but like I said I've only run into one legendary enemy which is a bummer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamerchicck: Huh. Maybe they start appearing more the further you get in the main quest? I dunno. I see them literally everywhere I go now lol

GamerChiCcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: I've been playing for a couple of hours now since I posted this and I'm still at the same point I was in the main quest, however I'm starting to see them more now, I've seen three in the last two hours and the only thing that I did differently was that I changed the difficulty from hard to normal xD maybe I was just extremely unlucky in the first 11 hours or maybe it was a bug for the hard difficulty I have no idea. The game is more fun now that I'm getting more kick ass gear :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By rubberluffy

Yeah, I'm on normal and I usually see at least 1 every time I go into an enclosed area like a building. Less often outside, but I if I do I never see them alone, usually they've got a bunch of normal friends.

I've got more legendary gear than I even need.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first time I made it to the surrounding area of Diamond City, I ran into a building that had three legendary super-mutants. I'm only eight hours in, so I think it's a little bit random, with some specific areas having legendarys set up like bosses. There are also special named monsters, that can just spring up from the ground... Just be careful walking around Diamond City.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just killed a random raider that ended up being legendary, don't know the point besides loot it went down like any other.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it a random spawn or are there a set number of legendary creatures ?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@deathshroud: They are random spawns. I've had situations were I quick save, then find one and die, re load, and its no longer a legendary. Or a completely different enemy type after the reload.

For example there is a certain town area, small town, that has a trigger point on the entrance road into the town. If you go past this point, it triggers an enemy or group behind you coming up the same road. You can stand at the entrance of it all day and nothing will appear. But once you back over that spot it triggers it. And each time they are different enemies. And each time I have done it, some have been legendary, some have not been. And it spawns a different type of enemy every time.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not rare thats for sure. Shame they drop pretty uninspired loot. Never was into Borderlands so not a fan of this game. Hoping there are awesome unique weapons like F3 besides the Alien Blaster here.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it a random spawn or are there a set number of legendary creatures ?

I think it's both, some are named I fought something with a name and it dropped a legendary. It wasn't part of any quest that I had or anything so my guess it was a legendary, and i died and fought it twice so it def respawned.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what the radroach did to make it so legendary...

Avatar image for deactivated-62001d97f34e0
deactivated-62001d97f34e0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fought about 3 maybe 4 legends already one of them was a named legend super mutant and the rest no named raiders. Playing on hard difficulty.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't feel like I'm exaggerating when I say there is one in nearly every group I run into on survivor difficulty.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Xeiphyer

About 18 hours in on normal difficulty (but like 8 hours of that was building my base), I've probably seen around 10 legendary enemies so far. I haven't made it to diamond city yet, so it's just been in the early game areas in the north there.

I actually figured their positions were set or something, didn't realize there were some that are random chance. They can drop some pretty interesting gear, but I really hate looking mismatched.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By LawGamer

It's a little weird. I started one character and saw a "legendary" enemy about every 5 minutes, except that I could one or two shot most of them.

Then I started a second character and, playing in the exact same areas on the exact same difficulty, I have seen two - a legendary super mutant and a legendary rad scorpion, both of which could kill me in one or two hits.

So yeah, all over the place.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I play on hard and usually I see at least one per indoor area and semi-frequently out in the commonwealth.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I see legendaries pretty regularly. I just haven't gotten a Furious weapon yet. I NEED a Furious weapon, preferably of the axe variety.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see them once every 30 minutes or so.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By paulmako

They aren't everywhere but they don't seem rare either. Running into them fairly frequently.

Pro tip: They will sometimes 'mutate' when you fight them which restores their health but as far as I know it doesn't fix any crippled limbs. So if you don't think you can take out a legendary enemy fast, aim for some limbs! Mirelurks and ghouls are essentially harmless if you take out a leg.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have fought two so far, one stationary robot that was broken and could not move or attack.

And one LEGENDARY radroach which took a total of two shots to kill!!!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Playing on Hard and usually running into at least 1 or 2 in each area / quest. They usually make for a fun fight but are nowhere near as deadly as anyone with a frag grenade.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explain the "the legendary enemy has mutated" that I have seen in the quick look? Looked like a raider just got his health back? What is this game mechanic about, why would even a raider mutate? (or is this a stupid queestion on the level of "why would a bug have a rifle on him to be looted"?)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: From what I understand, if you don't kill legendaries fast enough they will mutate and regain all their health (and possibly hit harder). I've also heard if you do more than half damage the chance of them mutating will decrease but that hasn't happened for me so far. So yeah, basically like why would a radroach have a submachine gun.

Avatar image for shoguns_decapitator
Shoguns_Decapitator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Running through on normal, 12 hours in just starting stuff in Diamond City and i've ran across 6-7 legendary enemies, all with varying degrees of loot.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say is that at least a hundred legends in this post-apocalyptic future will have the same exact ending.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've logged more hours than I care to admit and still haven't gone to Diamond City.
Just exploring area's I've run into 2 legendary enemies, a ghoul, and a radstag.
Got a pretty cool chest piece out of the ghoul, and a laser rifle from the radstag.
Playing on hard.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: From what I understand, if you don't kill legendaries fast enough they will mutate and regain all their health (and possibly hit harder). I've also heard if you do more than half damage the chance of them mutating will decrease but that hasn't happened for me so far. So yeah, basically like why would a radroach have a submachine gun.

Ok, thanks. My copy is literally a block away from me, at the post office which is closed today because of a national holliday! Oh, cruel fate!

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My experience is htat if you're out exploring new environments, you run across one about every hour.

I've fought a BUNCH of legendary ghouls. one or two legendary radroaches. 3 or 4 legendary raiders. 2 or 3 legendary mutants. a legendary deathclaw. A legendary crab. Etc.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: More time for you to read up on tips for the early game so you don't have to waste time not playing the game because you don't know how a system works!

Gameraotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have not run into any legendary enemies while following the main quest, but every time I head off the path to look at an interesting area it seems like I run into at least 1 legendary. It seemed to happen more often once I got above 10th level. So far my best drops have been a metal chest piece that added 1 charisma and 1 strength, and a sawed off shotgun that causes AOE explosions on impact. God that shotgun is so satisfying to use.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently you see more the harder the difficulty. I see them all the time on normal though. (Hard will be my second playthrough, probably won't touch survival)

Yeah also on normal and I see them probably every 2nd or 3rd combat encounter

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I bumped up my difficulty to hard immediately and I see then constantly.

GamerChiCcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I was just unlucky or something, because now I see them in almost every group I fight wherever I go and I'm really liking the loot they are dropping, especially the armor. It did seem to happen more when I got a bit deeper in the map. I was spending the first few hours liberating settlements, rebuilding them and exploring around them so maybe that's why it took me so long to run into any.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing on very hard now and I see them constantly. Most of my loadout is very useful legendary gear.

maxB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've player 30 odd hours, playing on normal, and I've run into at least 25 legendary enemies, I think it just means they have better loot and can recover health if they drop below half hp. Not really a big part of the game.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Xdeser2

The frequency of their spawns is determined by the difficulty level. Theyre pretty much harder versions of the same enemy that can mutate, which makes them regain their health and occasionally has a secondary effect on you (like radiation or poison damage). Also, in my experience, they always have some unique piece of loot with a special effect (like 15% extra damage to robots).

Also, 11 hours in and you're at diamond city? Damn, I'm like 18 and still just exploring the wasteland and Doing stuff for the Brotherhood at Cambridge police station

GamerChiCcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xdeser2: I'm about 23 hours into the game now and I'm still in the first parts of the main quest but I wanted to go see the main city before I went on an exploration/kleptomania adventure which is what I tend to do for hours in these games :P

maxB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xdeser2: I recommend going to diamond city early on, because you get access to some really awesome companions.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@paulmako said:

They aren't everywhere but they don't seem rare either. Running into them fairly frequently.

Pro tip: They will sometimes 'mutate' when you fight them which restores their health but as far as I know it doesn't fix any crippled limbs. So if you don't think you can take out a legendary enemy fast, aim for some limbs! Mirelurks and ghouls are essentially harmless if you take out a leg.

Yes! ... Go for the legs, especially Ghouls are helpless if you shoot their legs off.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By ProfessorEss

I never checked my difficulty so I assume I'm on normal, but yeah I see them regularly enough, especially considering the label "Legendary".

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moab said:

I don't feel like I'm exaggerating when I say there is one in nearly every group I run into on survivor difficulty.

That's awesome. Guess I'll play survival later. I'm on normal and see legendary enemies often after passing lvl 10. The legendary drops are good, but the rewards from quests can be very good too.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not rare thats for sure. Shame they drop pretty uninspired loot. Never was into Borderlands so not a fan of this game. Hoping there are awesome unique weapons like F3 besides the Alien Blaster here.

There are unique weapons in addition to legendaries, I've found a couple.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pweidman said:
@moab said:

That's awesome. Guess I'll play survival later. I'm on normal and see legendary enemies often after passing lvl 10. The legendary drops are good, but the rewards from quests can be very good too.

I'm seeing multiple legendary enemies in every group since the teen levels. All of my gear is from them; I've only spent caps on a few hats for aesthetics.

Brace yourself for the early levels on survival. Cover is your friend.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nardak

I have played about 40 hours now (playing on hard difficulty) and I have ran into plenty of legendary enemies. Sometimes there have even been skull bosses to fight alongside a legendary enemy. I really havent touched the mainquest storyline that much.

I might change the difficulty to be a bit harder but I probably wont go into the survivalist mode since I feel that at that point I probably have to invest a lot into the gun modification perks.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ran into a pack of them last night, playing on normal. A pack of legendary enemies. I came across a group of Mirelurk Kings, five of them. Four of them were Legendary something Mirelurk Kings. The fifth was a Veteran Mirelurk King and had a skull next to his name. I'm not sure what the skull means, I've seen it before, but not sure. And he was much harder to kill than the Legendary ones. Those bastards took 12 stimpacks off me and a whole lot of shotgun ammo.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jadegl

I see them all the time and I am playing on Normal. Then again, I am doing a lot of exploring and I have got to a lot of areas that are probably intended to be discovered later in the game. I run into one about every 1/2 hour to hour of play time. Yesterday, I ran into a Legendary Super Mutant, a Raider and then at some point a Legendary Wild Mongrel, all in the span of about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

I ran out of missiles fighting the super mutant. The mongrel was super easy.

But holy crap I ran into a Mr. Gutsy and he almost killed me! I had to kite around a pile of rubble taking pot shots at him until he finally went down. And he was just a normal Mr. Gutsy. So... I guess whenever I find a legendary one of those, I'll be in for a hard time...

Oh, and I outran two separate deathclaws in two separate areas. I know for a fact I'm not ready for those, so I peaced out.