• 53 results
#2 Posted by SunBroZak (1203 posts) -
I guess that's to be expected.

#3 Posted by ThunderSlash (1827 posts) -

Wow. Thanks for the heads up!

#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

Seems like a dick move by Interplay. It seems like they're essentially giving the games away for free so that when Bethesda take over the rights in January it'll limit their sales. If everyone already owns the game because it was free, no one will buy it.

It's awesome for us as consumers, but there are definitely some weird internal politics behind this move.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -

@mattyftm: It is and its fascinating to watch these passive aggressive swipes at each other.

#6 Edited by Icemo (644 posts) -

Man, GOG has some shitty servers. Tried to log in for half an hour with no success.

#7 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@mattyftm: It is not. They did it before to promote their sale. It is totally normal to do that. This time i is fallout to also promote Wasteland 2 which is from the makers of Fallout and very near these games.

#8 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5040 posts) -

I already own Fallout Tactics and Fallout 1 and 2 didn't aged very well for me. So no thank you, GOG.

#9 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

Wooooooo

#10 Edited by ThunderSlash (1827 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

Seems like a dick move by Interplay. It seems like they're essentially giving the games away for free so that when Bethesda take over the rights in January it'll limit their sales. If everyone already owns the game because it was free, no one will buy it.

It's awesome for us as consumers, but there are definitely some weird internal politics behind this move.

I can believe that. Their press release seems to imply that that this promo exists because they are gonna have to pull it from the store after the rights have changed hands. Not to mention the whole drama about Interplay's Fallout MMO.

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

#11 Edited by Tennmuerti (8140 posts) -

Well I already have all of these 3 games on GoG. Over the years probably owned like 5 different copies of each.

They are defiantly something everyone should experience. So imo this is a great thing.

#12 Posted by Noblenerf (329 posts) -

500 Internal Server Error, ho!

#13 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Said it added it to my collection but even that won't load. Don't know if I got it but hopefully the website will work within the next 2 days.

#14 Posted by forteexe21 (401 posts) -

After 15 minutes of refreshing, logging in and out, i have finally got FO2 and FOT! (Got FO1 in a previous giveaway)

#15 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -
@darji said:

@mattyftm: It is not. They did it before to promote their sale. It is totally normal to do that. This time i is fallout to also promote Wasteland 2 which is from the makers of Fallout and very near these games.

They've given away Fallout 1 before, but never all three. And Wasteland 2 is by InXile, not Interplay. There is a historic connection between Interplay and InXile in that Brian Fargo created the original Wasteland at Interplay, then the made the Fallout games as spiritual successors to them (because Interplay did not hold the rights to Wasteland, EA did since they published the game). But Brian Fargo left Interplay to form InXile, and later acquired the rights to the Wasteland franchise. There is not any link between the current Interplay and InXile.

This is clearly being done to spite Bethesda.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by Ley_Lines (256 posts) -

They've already given away fallout 1 like three times for free now. However, it's cool to get fallout 2 and tactics.

#17 Edited by JamesJeux007 (479 posts) -

If it's done to spite Bethesda, it's a really crappy way to do so. I mean, giving away the games for free is a GREAT way to get people who wouldn't be interested to maybe try out the old games. And if they like them, they might want to play the most recent ones and be more interested in what Bethesda has to announce. I'm not saying it's all good and it's the right way to go, I'm sure they are making Bethesda lose a little bit of money, but if the company is relying on 15 year old games to make profit, they're in the wrooooong business.

#18 Posted by avantegardener (1130 posts) -

Never underestimate the draw of 'free'.

#19 Posted by chrissedoff (2152 posts) -

Does that mean the Fallout games won't be in my catalog on gog after this?

#20 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11914 posts) -

Does that mean the Fallout games won't be in my catalog on gog after this?

Nope, you can still download them but you won't be able to buy them, at least until Bethesda starts negotiating with GOG.

This is a hilariously dick move by Interplay, but given that these 3 games have kept that zombie husk of a company alive for more than a decade it serves them right.

#21 Posted by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

@mattyftm: Still less of a dick move than how Bethesda has treated Interplay and the franchise up to now.

#22 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

A-ha! Now's my chance!

#23 Edited by Xymox (2106 posts) -

Having a hard time accessing the site.
Anyone know if it'll still be available for download after the delisting, if you manage to grab it?

#24 Posted by JoeyRavn (4994 posts) -

I have them all on Steam, but what the hell. I'm totally fine with redundancy.

#25 Edited by Coafi (1490 posts) -

@xymox said:

Having a hard time accessing the site.

Anyone know if it'll still be available for download after the delisting, if you manage to grab it?

I think so, once it's in your inventory.

#26 Posted by Butano (1746 posts) -

Been like an hour and i still haven't been able to log in.

#27 Posted by Kingpk (198 posts) -

I just got through after a few tries.

#28 Posted by MonetaryDread (2074 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now.

#29 Edited by fetchfox (1290 posts) -

I'm hoping the traffic goes down before the sale is over, I can't even login...

#30 Posted by Forcen (1836 posts) -

The site seems to work for me now, albeit slowly. Also added a trailer to the first post.

#31 Posted by ZolRoyce (733 posts) -

@fetchfox: The first few hours of a big to-do on the internet are always the worst, I'm sure within 48 hours there will be plenty of time for things to calm down and let people get what they want to be gettin'.

#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Question: does GOG let you gift free games? Because I have some stupid ideas.

#33 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3572 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

So GOG is figuratively saying screw the man aka Bethesda?

#34 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

No, GoG is getting a good deal for it's customers. Interplay is saying screw Bethesda.

Moderator Online
#35 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2025 posts) -

Hey, now I own four versions of both of those games and two of Tactics. This is okay.

Yup. Go forth and do whatever nightmare you wish.

#36 Posted by OldGuy (1567 posts) -

When I just aquired them (GOG seems to be a bit smoother now than it was a few hours ago) there was a gift button in my cart... I didn't test it to see if it worked though...

#37 Posted by Humanity (9599 posts) -
@mattyftm said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@mattyftm said:

No, GoG is getting a good deal for it's customers. Interplay is saying screw Bethesda.

Lot's of conspiracy theories on the internets these days.

#38 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5726 posts) -

@forcen: Thanks for posting this.

#39 Posted by peritus (1050 posts) -

@forcen: Thanks for the heads up! Gotta love GoG :)

#40 Posted by joshwent (2298 posts) -

Arg, still can't log in! I'm pretty sure I actually bought these on GOG a long time ago, but I have to make sure.

Side note: I'm sure many of the people getting these games for free won't actually play them, but it's still great to see excitement over this series again, and even better for an amazing site/business like GOG to get some good press.

#41 Posted by flasaltine (1682 posts) -

Might as well just pick up the gog versions from Pirate Bay if you can't log on.

#42 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I already have those games and didn't have much problems downloading them. Keep trying, guys.

#43 Posted by Wilshere (324 posts) -

Both are excellent games, don't miss out!

#44 Edited by DeadpanCakes (983 posts) -

@oldguy said:

@video_game_king said:

When I just aquired them (GOG seems to be a bit smoother now than it was a few hours ago) there was a gift button in my cart... I didn't test it to see if it worked though...

I tried it, and it told me that they were no longer allowing the gifting of free games

#45 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3429 posts) -

@oldguy said:

@video_game_king said:

I tried it, and it told me that they were no longer allowing the gifting of free games

If they are DRM free, do you really have to gift them?

#46 Posted by DeadpanCakes (983 posts) -

@geraltitude: Yeah, I dunno why you'd wanna gift it.

Thing is, 'cause I already owned Fallout 2 on my gog account, it defaulted it to gifting the entire package, and so I had to go back and take Fallout 2 out of my cart. It was a hassle, 'cause the site was experiencing quite a bit of traffic, and I kept receiving errors

#47 Posted by HellknightLeon (467 posts) -

Already own... awesome games all the same. Go get them guys.

#48 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2494 posts) -

Man I love GOG. I've gotten so much free shit from them.

#49 Edited by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

Hey. Why not.

#50 Posted by YukoAsho (2078 posts) -

Well, I'm not sure it's really all that realistic to expect Fallout 1/2/Tactics to be sold again on GOG. Bethesda hasn't gone over there despite the place working well. Hopefully enough people get this that it'll be easy to find from other sources once it's pulled.

Sad as all hell is the day when piracy becomes the only way to get games, but at least we can be sure Fallout's not going to vanish any time soon.