#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4192 posts) -

• Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.
  • As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.
  • As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.
  • The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.
  • The expected launch is in October 2015.
  • The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014.
  • There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.
  • The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.
  • The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.
  • The 37 second trailor starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a belltower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard “War… War never changes…”. The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.

vgleaks: Rumor: Fallout 4 shown at E3 2013 (closed door event)

Hrm. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are those strange games, where you could potentially play forever. So like, how much bigger would Fallout 4 be, than say Skyrim? October 2015 is a LONG fucking time from now. Still cool to wait, I suppose.

#2 Edited by HerpDerp (133 posts) -

Honestly, if this is real, and Chris Avellone isn't involved with the writing, I don't have much faith for the plot. Still would be interested to see the changes to the gameplay from good old gamebryo, to now though.

#3 Posted by Ares42 (2619 posts) -

If the game isn't supposed to be even announced for a year, who was it showed to ?

#4 Posted by Marokai (2890 posts) -

If it's not expected to launch until 2015 it seems weird to me that they would still support current gen systems.

#5 Posted by bemusedchunk (684 posts) -

Considering I live in Medford, it would be pretty creepy walking around surronding neighborhoods in a post-apocolyptic world.

Digital or otherwise.

#6 Edited by Demoskinos (14755 posts) -

So post apocalyptic Boston gets to be in TLOU and Fallout 4? Hmm...

#7 Posted by djou (874 posts) -

October 2015? They can take all the time they need to make it work right, but why bother demoing anything now?

#8 Posted by SeanFoster (866 posts) -

What's the point of showing it to journalists up to a year before revealing to the public? We all know it's being made.

#9 Posted by CaLe (3957 posts) -

The local co-op thing makes this seem highly dubious. If they were going to do co-op at all, I can see no reason they would restrict it to local only.

#10 Posted by BaneFireLord (2920 posts) -

But I don't WANT to wait two and a half more years...

#11 Posted by PSNgamesun (406 posts) -

Todd Howard

#12 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm not convinced about this at all. Sounds pretty bogus to me.

#13 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -

Why would a behind closed doors demo of a game that's not even announced list platforms at the end of its trailer? Also, PS3? Really? After that clusterfuck that was Skyrim and the spotty track record with the previous Bethesda games in general on that system, I find it highly questionable that a sequel built with next-gen complexity in mind would even run half as good as the disastrous Skyrim port.

#14 Posted by Bones8677 (3225 posts) -

I want this...I want this so hard...

#15 Edited by Beforet (2916 posts) -

So, I take it we can duel wield guns?

#16 Posted by Reisz (1483 posts) -

Playing through The Last of US, I kind of don't want to play another Fallout.

#17 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

The idea that there will be more Fallout games not made by Obsidian makes me really sad.

I'll still play it, but I'll be crying a stream of tears onto my keyboard.

#18 Posted by Irvandus (2876 posts) -

I don't believe this. I don't think they would have much to show at this pint.

#19 Edited by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

I don't think that a game coming out in October 2015 is going to be coming out on the PS3 and Xbox 360. I'm pretty sure I don't believe this, too.

#20 Posted by AlisterCat (5531 posts) -

What would be the point in showing it 'behind closed doors'? Press that can't talk about it. Other developers, why would they show them? If it's that far off why show it at all? Not buying it.

#21 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

I really can't wait for FO4 considering FO3 was one of my favourite games of all time. But gawddamn 2015 is so far away. I think it's more plausible that half the team left to work on Fallout 4 before the other half started working on dlc. So definitely not going to be 2015 unless it's not on the Creation engine and is built ground up (which is unlikely).

#22 Edited by awesomeusername (4174 posts) -

I'm calling bogus. But man, I got goosebumps reading "War. War never changes." because I love you Fallout.

#23 Edited by Abendlaender (2783 posts) -

Wait, October 2015 and Xbox 360 and PS3? Oh come on, so the game will be hindered by 10 year old hardware?

Also, am I the only one (hrhr, I did it) who wishes that world stays as large as it was? Big open worlds are great, but if they are too big you can't really form a connection with the world. I'd rather have it a bit smaller but packed with original stuff and content.

#24 Edited by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

I really hope this is true. Imagine post-apocalyptic Harvard!

But holy fuck, 2015 is a wait. I actually don't hope this is true.

#25 Posted by ShaggE (6415 posts) -

I don't think I even need to call bullshit on this one, but what the hell: Bullshit.

I do hope the Boston part is accurate, though.

#26 Posted by EuanDewar (4889 posts) -

The thing about the description of that trailer is that it follows the Fallout trailer structure so closely that I find it simultaneously completely convincing and totally bogus.

#27 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

Why would you show just a teaser trailer behind closed doors? Or was there more to this supposed showing than was leaked?

#28 Posted by medacris (648 posts) -

I'm a little apprehensive about this rumor. I hear it seemingly every year with a different big-budget title. Last year it was Half-Life 3, and Valve wasn't even at E3.

#29 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I sure they're making FO4, probably working on it right now. I have no doubts about that. But a closed doors thing at E3 and no teaser trailer for the masses to get them hyped? eh seems kinda pointless.

#30 Posted by Puddlesworth (59 posts) -

As a Cambridge resident this would be cool if true. I've been interested in learning more about the Institute, since I played Fallout 3.

#31 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Bethesda writers = shitty plot, dialogue, character writing/development...basically anything writing related won't be good. It's the way it's always been...lets face it, even in Morrowind.

So long as they don't fuck around with the SPECIAL/Perk/Skill system I'll get it. With the recent changes to Skyrim I'm kind of worried they'll fuck with the golden Fallout formula (for more information see: Brotherhood of Steel).

In any case I'm getting my Wasteland 2 which, for me personally, is already a better game than Fallout 4 by simply being closer to the original Fallouts. It also probably, almost certainly, maybe won't have a shit plot.

Also don't really care about the release date. When it's announced it's announced.

#32 Posted by isomeri (1253 posts) -

What's the point of showing it to journalists up to a year before revealing to the public? We all know it's being made.

They may want to gauge the feedback of journalists to how the game is shaping up. This all sounds pretty legit to me.

#33 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'm still waiting for Bethesda to make a game without ass writing, combat, inventory management and uh, clunky everything?

#34 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2360 posts) -

Game will be unveiled at the Spike VGA's this year and everything in the game happens in real time. You heard it here first.

#35 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2360 posts) -

Obsidian did say if Bethesda allowed them to they'd be totally on board with New Vegas 2.

@mandude said:

The idea that there will be more Fallout games not made by Obsidian makes me really sad.

I'll still play it, but I'll be crying a stream of tears onto my keyboard.

#36 Edited by Dot (163 posts) -

The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.

No shit, really? It's a Fallout game, of course vaults exist.

I seriously hope this isn't true though I don't think I can wait until 2015.

#37 Edited by PenguinDust (12491 posts) -

Elder Scrolls Oblivion ~ 2006

Fallout 3 ~ 2009

Elder Scrolls Skyrim ~ 2011

Fallout 4 ~ 2014?

Looking at the math, it should come out next year. 2015 seems a bit far off.

#38 Edited by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

@penguindust said:

Fallout 3 ~ 2009

Fallout 4 ~ 2014?

I'd put money on an announcement at the VGA awards for a release date between September - November of next year.

#39 Posted by 9999dmg (132 posts) -

Can't wait to see the ruins of my old apartment in Somerville. Hopefully they throw in the college ghetto of Allston / Brighton as well, there are plenty of crust punks there that would fit in pretty well in the Fallout universe.

#40 Edited by TwoLines (2795 posts) -

Eh. fallout 3 was okay. Fallout NV was a-mazing. So... I guess Fallout New Vegas 2, that's the game I'm waiting for.

Bethesda makes big games, but they also make bland games. Fallout 3 was bland and so was Skyrim so... Maybe Bethesda games aren't for me.

I am interested in their engine though.

So keep doing that Bethesda. Keep making that great tech.

...Just don't write your own stories for goodness sake. You suck at it.

#41 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (383 posts) -

I'm not buying it. You don't have closed door meetings to show a teaser trailer for something that's over two years off. I find the idea of Bethesda showing Fallout 4 behind closed doors entirely believable, but this scenario doesn't make a lick of sense.

#42 Edited by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

Fallout 3 ~ 2009

Fallout 4 ~ 2014?

Fallout 3 was '08. And 2015 does seem pretty off. My prediction is VGA trailer, E3 2014 demo, October/November 2014 release.