• 83 results
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By stonyman65

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this on the forums before, but I came across this video today. It chronicles everything that has been decoded so far (as of November 27) about the Survivor 2299 website. Theres some crazy shit going on here. I'm assuming they'll be updating when new stuff is found.

Nothing has been officially confirmed yet, but holy shit. If this is someone just messing with us this has to be the most in-depth trolling I've ever seen in my life. I can't see how this could be anything but a professional marketing job. Its just too good.

Here is the video I mentioned - I'm sure these guys will post new stuff as it is found. Keep an eye out on reddit new stuff.

Also, someone on Reddit has found this site that looks like it is related to all of this as well. http://www.thepropheteer.com/

But when you adjust the page for resolution you get this...

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is getting insane. I really hope this isn't a hoax, because it's exciting to watch.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for posting this. Was kinda out of the loop and there wasnt really an easy way to recap that I had found.

This is getting insane. I really hope this isn't a hoax, because it's exciting to watch.

I doubt it's a hoax at this point. Too many links to Zenimax/ Bethesda. The amount of effort involved just to make all this is insane, making all of it AND falsely linking it to the company making it seems impossible.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UPDATES: December 1-4

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow watching those videos and seeing how people quickly came together and deciphered it all leaves me feeling incredibly dumb. Very interesting to follow along though with someone explaining it to me in the most lay of terms.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow watching those videos and seeing how people quickly came together and deciphered it all leaves me feeling incredibly dumb. Very interesting to follow along though with someone explaining it to me in the most lay of terms.

Yeah. deciphering Morse Code is really tough unless you know exactly what you are hearing and to be able to do that on the fly it takes a long time just listening and committing all of that to memory. Add to that all of the crazy URLs and stuff that they are linking this too - that's what makes me think this is the real thing because this is TOO good to be just be some random person(s) messing with us.

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The VGA's are coming up and Skyrim was announced there, I wouldn't doubt this.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone from Bethesda tweeted today that they aren't gonna be at/show anything at the VGX. I hope he was just lying.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@e30bmw: Either that or maybe they aren't announcing it there. Fallout is a big franchise can pretty much announce it whenever they want and people will know.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please keep posting these videos. I find this very interesting. real or not.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@e30bmw: Either that or maybe they aren't announcing it there. Fallout is a big franchise can pretty much announce it whenever they want and people will know.

Yeah that's my theory too. Also, after seeing all of this crazy shit and how far they (somebody?) is willing to go... I don't believe the plausible deniability bullshit they seem to be doing. Its almost like they're going "well, we aren't doing anything BUT.... You never know....."

If they are really going to do something with the next Fallout game, or the next Elder Scrolls game for that matter, they are going to do it on their terms. Who really gives a shit about the VGX anyways?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stonyman65

@sterling said:

Please keep posting these videos. I find this very interesting. real or not.

That's my plan. I'm just as interested as you are

. To clarify these aren't my videos, just something I found on YouTube. I'm just sharing them with those who haven't seen it yet. It's this guy who is doing them: https://www.youtube.com/user/YongYea

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished them. This is god damn amazing. I feel like this has to be fallout 4. I don't think bethsteda would let this get so far only to have it be fake.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@e30bmw:

How great would it be its coming out next week? Tired of the over preview of everything, just drop it on my doorstep, Im confident it will be good, maybe great.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those videos are amazing. Unraveling the mystery is more exciting than the thought of playing the game!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@stonyman65 said:

@freshbandito said:

Yeah. deciphering Morse Code is really tough unless you know exactly what you are hearing and to be able to do that on the fly it takes a long time just listening and committing all of that to memory.

True, it's a lot of hard work, but on the other hand, surely there is some website/smartphone app that will just take audio input, and as long as it sufficiently matches with Morse code, convert it to letters and numbers. If Soundhound exists, then that thing I just said must also exist, right? Though I guess there would be fuck all demand for it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

This can't be a fake, right? There is way too much effort put into this for it to be fake.

Also, I am now excited by the concept of a Fallout 4 applying some of the concepts explored in Skyrim.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stonyman65 said:

@freshbandito said:

Yeah. deciphering Morse Code is really tough unless you know exactly what you are hearing and to be able to do that on the fly it takes a long time just listening and committing all of that to memory.

True, it's a lot of hard work, but on the other hand, surely there is some website/smartphone app that will just take audio input, and as long as it sufficiently matches with Morse code, convert it to letters and numbers. If Soundhound exists, then that thing I just said must also exist, right? Though I guess there would be fuck all demand for it.

There may be some kind of software for that but even then people are figuring out these cyphers hidden in the morse code and decrypting them in no time at all then putting the pieces together to figure out further codes. I am impressed that when a group of people on reddit put their minds together how quickly they can crack these things and how together they can pick up on things that I would completely fail to notice.

Now I just hope the actual game (if there is one) will be as intriguing as this whole ARG.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stonyman65 said:

@freshbandito said:

There are a few, but you're right there really isn't that much of a demand for something like that. The people who use Morse Code (Intelligence Agents, Cryptographers, Radio Operators, Pilots etc..) already know that stuff by heart so there really is no reason for it when they are just as fast writing it down on a piece of paper. Those resources are for the idiots like us who have no idea what the fuck we're doing hahahaha.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can't be a fake, right? There is way too much effort put into this for it to be fake.

Also, I am now excited by the concept of a Fallout 4 applying some of the concepts explored in Skyrim.

Yeah if they could make a Fallout game with the tech from Skyrim (or even updated tech from Skyrim) that would be pretty awesome.
And I agree - the more I see of this the more I think it is Bethesda going all-out with their marketing. Theres just no way an independent person (or small group of people) can do all of this to that level. Like I said in a previous post its all too perfect. This took some serious money, time, and logistics to get it working, and the fact that it is seemingly updated every time the countdown timer reaches zero and new info and pages are added that means that this was all pre-planned and running on schedule with enough people keeping tabs on it to make sure it is running.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#21  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Seeing this stuff kinda makes me want to go back and play Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love this. I wish I knew enough about cryptography to understand that shit. I can't wait for Fallout 4, assuming this is all legitimate.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This dudes voice is... soothing? Not really sure what the right term would be but it makes listening to all this info easy.

Fantastic job by whoever is planning this ARG. Bastards are getting me very excited about Fallout 4.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By e30bmw

@sackmanjones said:

Yeah that's my theory too. Also, after seeing all of this crazy shit and how far they (somebody?) is willing to go... I don't believe the plausible deniability bullshit they seem to be doing. Its almost like they're going "well, we aren't doing anything BUT.... You never know....."

If they are really going to do something with the next Fallout game, or the next Elder Scrolls game for that matter, they are going to do it on their terms. Who really gives a shit about the VGX anyways?

Eh, the tweet I read didn't seem to have some subtext. Was just straight up, we're not showing anything there. And it'd be silly to announce something around this time and not use the VGX to do it.

@me3639 said:

@e30bmw:

How great would it be its coming out next week? Tired of the over preview of everything, just drop it on my doorstep, Im confident it will be good, maybe great.

It'd be terrible. The only way that game is coming out in the next ~6 months is if it was made for PS3 and 360 and that would be a huge fucking bummer. I'd rather wait a little bit and have it made for PS4/One/PC from the ground up.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@e30bmw said:

Someone from Bethesda tweeted today that they aren't gonna be at/show anything at the VGX. I hope he was just lying.

Why would he be lying? That timer goes until next week anyway, so pinning it to vgx never made sense

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

I believe if this was a hoax Zenimax/Bethesda would have said something by now.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Eh... Am I the only one who's getting a static image with "Cars" by Gary Numan now, with the text "Property of Zenimax Media, etc..."? Hoax?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#28  Edited By Humanity

I'm gonna be the cranky old fart that feels sad inside because the awesome boxart from the great 1997 Fallout RPG at the top of the thread is being associated with the stuff Bethesda puts out.

I hope Fallout 4 is good, but seeing how much I liked Skyrim I'm not holding my breath.

Cranky old man out.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn: Same thing here.

Something about teasing like this always gets me. Can't wait for Fallout 4 announcement.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why but this "Unknown Enemy" and the alert message kind of creeps me out.

McGriddle550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By McGriddle550

y'all should probs try and type in www.thepropheteer.com/7667... pretty interesting thing comes up and according to the websites code there are some audio files somewhere on it. someone smarter than me figure this out!

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool stuff! Aaaaaand now I'll be playing some New Vegas when I get home tonight.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By RVonE

I don't know why but this "Unknown Enemy" and the alert message kind of creeps me out.

Yep. I love it!

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By billymaysrip

I've been following thesurvivor2299.com since the moment it was discovered. If you have any questions about the developments, please feel free to ask me. If you want to catch up, I recommend watching the videos posted above, or reading this very detailed chronology of events. If you want to learn about the plot developments from the messages on the website, check out this doc.

Reddit user sschicken has created an archive of changes on the website, and automatically updates with changes to the website html. Most of the updates have been 404'd, so it's useful to check out the archive.

If you've caught up and want to participate in speculation or code breaking, head over to the cutting edge of the discussion: freenode irc channels: ##fallout4hype - for general hype spam (you can get to the other channels from that link), #fallout4arg - just for cracking ciphers and discussion specific to the arg (not speculation on game details), #fallout4discussion - for general level-headed discussion on game-details, and #fallout4specualtion

If you want to contact me directly, I'm always in #fallout4arg with the same username, BillyMaysRIP.

Also, word of warning, the current belief is that "www.thepropheteer.com" is fake... I'm pretty sure it is.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By RVonE

@billymaysrip:

If it is fake, it's really elaborate and someone went through a hell of a lot of trouble to produce this.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I'm gonna be the cranky old fart that feels sad inside because the awesome boxart from the great 1997 Fallout RPG at the top of the thread is being associated with the stuff Bethesda puts out.

I hope Fallout 4 is good, but seeing how much I liked Skyrim I'm not holding my breath.

Cranky old man out.

Same thing.

Maybe they got smart and hired Obsidian to write? One could hope.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't toy with my heart guys.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

The stuff where they have actually bothered to set up fake phone numbers and even further, fake local pirate radio stations blows my mind.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcgriddle550: Might want to check that site out again. It's a bit... different now.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I hope Bethesda was lying when they said they weren't gonna announce something soon.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandersheen: @rvone: yup the newer videos are actually quite scary. Just broken messages of some enemy wiping out an entire vault. The red blinking if the unknown enemy and then the use if the works "corpses" over like deaths or dead. Super creepy! It would be cool if they implemented some horro stuff into fallout because yo.... The end of the world is probably scary.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wow! Those videos are insane! What madness will be uncovered over the next 5 days?!?!?!

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Here's the new video update:

Loading Video...

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Bethesda was lying when they said they weren't gonna announce something soon.

He never said they weren't announcing anything soon. He said they weren't doing anything at VGX

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice tease and thanks to the hard work of the fans.

*crank on*

If only Bethesda put as much effort into designing unique environments and conversation trees with consequences. If it's anything like Fallout 3 over half of the game will be you running through the same layout of metro tunnels collecting the same useless loot. I'll just watch the 'cutscenes' and 'epic' battles on youtube or use gamefaqs to find the 'interesting' stuff.

I hope Obsidian gets to take another stab at the Fallout franchise.

If this comes out on PC, remember to run the game in windowed mode so you can alt+tab to your task manager and kill it when it freezes beccause it probably will.

*crank off*

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DemiGodRaven

Hoax or not, there's some awesomely in depth stuff going on here and that's cool as hell. Question about thepropheteer site though, is it supposed to be playing Cars by Gary Numan? Because its awesome that it does.

eatatwhiteys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in...

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is Fallout 4 it best be next gen only. I can't think of any other type of game which would benefit from the increase in power as much as those Bethesda create.

mina_mina752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mina_mina752

i just like the way bethesda plays with our minds...it's fallout 4 for sure but it still too early to be excited, bethesda is busy working on so many titles right now, i doubt we will be seeing fallout 4 any time before 2014's third quarter...

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By senrat

With the success of Skyrim I am sure Bethesda is dumping loads of money into this new game. I think it has to be released on next gen systems with a new engine. I can't wait to play a Bethesda game that's not running on gamebyro. This is marketing is actually quite entertaining, I am hyped, take my money.