• 89 results
#1 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

Really the story is, the achievement list leaked. ~ Destructoid reports, that its indeed a XBLA release. No Price, yet.

But here's the, err, album-art. If you wanna read their article any: PROBABLY-SPOILERS IN THIS LINK:

Destructoid: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon leak suggests 80s radness

Very cool! Very surprised. ~ I didn't expect this 80's vibe. If its $20, I might just get it. Although, I gotta get my copy back then. I lent it out.. : / ~ Edit: Oh wait. If its XBLA separate, then I don't need the disc. Yayy!... i still gotta get that back.. At some point.... .

[Update:] So, this is quick and dirty. But Game Informer reports on an updated DLC Box Art: Game Informer: Rumor: Leaked Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon DLC Box Art Hints At Insanity

I didn't expect this cover art update. The GI article, does say that this came from a NeoGaf thread, so that might be a good sign..

Anyway, so. purple laser dragon, and that guy with that tweed suit that looks like Crackberry Kevin. I forgot his name. Gimped out soldiers, the blonde bombshell with white suit, and the blood red rising-sun. ~ Great! Still no price.

So Wrecks put the Ubsoft Legit site down there. but this is the Teaser:

This shit is Legit! I'll update this later. :D

IGN's Andrew Goldfarb, now has screenshots! Leaked straight hosted from xbox.com!

IGN: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Screens Leak Online

set in 2007 and that “Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and new paths for peace must be found. A U.S. cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island. A Mark IV Cyber Commando, Sergeant Rex Power Colt has been sent over to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on.”

Totally unexpected! What?! Coo-ol! :D

So now Kotaku has something! Xbox.com has a full description, with no price:

Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

Kotaku: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Out In May, Has Michael Biehn

May 1st release date! No mention of PSN.. Oh right, and Michael Biehn.

Gameplay courtesy of MrFluke:

Kinda reminds me of Metal Gear at the beginning. I also think that this video will get taken down soon, before not. May 1st is still pretty far from now.. Ahh, there's some of that old FC3 I remember, some of it. I just hope its not like, more than $30 or something.. Dope!

#2 Posted by believer258 (11991 posts) -

That cover art almost has me sold already.

#3 Posted by wrecks (2285 posts) -

Radical!

#4 Posted by EuanDewar (5030 posts) -

i dont even get what this would be. theres all the 80's shit and VHS tapes and whatnot but then fuckin dragons?

#5 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

i dont even get what this would be. theres all the 80's shit and VHS tapes and whatnot but then fuckin dragons?

I'm thinking Saints Row style. Electric guitar shotgun, blasting groovy trees to tron-ness. Return-of-that-giant-tribal-monster in the end!

#6 Posted by believer258 (11991 posts) -

@euandewar said:

I'm thinking Saints Row style. Electric guitar shotgun, blasting groovy trees to tron-ness. Return-of-that-giant-tribal-monster in the end!

No, no, Vaas comes back as a cyborg that can transform into a dragon and you get a motorcycle and a terrible leather jacket.

#7 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

It's actually a tie in to Dragon Age. Duh.

#8 Posted by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

That looks deliciously retro.

#9 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

Purple laser-dragon confirmed! :D

#10 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

... what the hell is this?

#11 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1856 posts) -

April 1st is Monday, buddy.

#12 Edited by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

That art is amazing, I'm sold.

#13 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

State-Of-The-Art High Resolution Graphics

#14 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

I just thought right now, of laser-etched flying white-tigers, shooting sparkler missles at you. And shooting them with lava-shotguns.. ~ A little too simple, but neat! :D

#15 Posted by Humanity (9589 posts) -

Yah I was about to say this looks very much April Foolsy to me.

#16 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

@humanity: Well, maybe but this has been rumored for like a month now..

And Game Informer already detailed their Game Infarcer feature, a little early. So, muh-don-know.

#17 Edited by Humanity (9589 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: The art certainly promises greatness so I'm down but it seems a little too on the nose especially considering FarCry 3 didn't ever go in that whole wink-wink-nod-nod direction.

#18 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

@humanity: Well.. I mean, they did that Christopher Mintz-Plasse campaign for while. And that was fantastic, as a film thing.. That's like the only funny thing, I can think of they did with that product-campaign..

Unless you count that FreddieW, thing. But he kinda does alotta whatever's out at the time. ~ So, sure.

#19 Edited by Snail (8617 posts) -

So nonsense DLC for a game that strives to be realistic (albeit often quite silly)? Sweet.

Far Cry 3 taking on a cyberpunk, Neuromancer/Blad Runner-esque vibe of sci-fi is just crazy. WITH LAZER-EYES DRAGONS. What will even be recognizable from Far Cry 3 in that DLC, except the title and the engine? This seriously sounds like a great idea.

#20 Posted by mrfluke (5270 posts) -

@humanity: Well.. I mean, they did that Christopher Mintz-Plasse campaign for while. And that was fantastic, as a film thing.. That's like the only funny thing, I can think of they did with that product-campaign..

Unless you count that FreddieW, thing. But he kinda does alotta whatever's out at the time. ~ So, sure.

im just gonna drop this here and be on my way

bye-bye!

#21 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

@mrfluke: Its fantastic to see this again! Hahaha! I just see Vaas' face, wink-and-nod. Fucking, thanks! :))

#22 Posted by Demoskinos (15013 posts) -

Fuck me. If there is one day I hate more than any other its April 1st nothing but a torrent of un-funny people trying to be funny and failing miserably.

#23 Posted by Wishful_Starrr (83 posts) -

@artemesia said:

Fuck me. If there is one day I hate more than any other its April 1st nothing but a torrent of un-funny people trying to be funny and failing miserably.

I always dread the video game related news on the 1st of April.

#24 Posted by Chaser324 (6649 posts) -

Definitely looks like an April Fools prank to me.

#26 Posted by donfonzie (206 posts) -

Seems like it. Clicking on the floppy disc in the shop brings this up:

#27 Posted by wrecks (2285 posts) -
#28 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

That geocities site is legit. I need to read that stuff later.

#29 Posted by Abendlaender (2835 posts) -

Man, if this turns out to be an April's Fools joke I'm going to be disapointed

#30 Posted by HoboZero (196 posts) -

Three tracks from the soundtrack here:

https://soundcloud.com/powerglove

Kind of a John Carpenter meets Brad Fiedel feel to it. Seems like a contender to topple Saints Row from the top of Mount Insano.

#31 Posted by HoboZero (196 posts) -

After reading the fake "director interview" on the site, they claim the main character is voiced ("impersonated"?) by "the legendary actor of Terminator, Aliens, and The Abyss". Could it be...?

#32 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

@hobozero: That sounds totally plausible, all of a sudden. :)

#33 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11910 posts) -

I am so sold on this. I should really finish Far Cry 3 though.

#34 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2188 posts) -

This should only be playable in 480i.

#35 Posted by NeoCalypso (188 posts) -

ooookay...so...why Far Cry? So far there doesn't seem to be anything related to FC3 at all. New story, gun, environment, etc.

#36 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

im just gonna drop this here and be on my way

bye-bye!

That was... amazing

#37 Edited by mrfluke (5270 posts) -
#38 Posted by mrfluke (5270 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: here's some tracks from the game, add it to the OP if you want

i love it i love it i love it, all this thing needs to do now is be a good game

#39 Posted by BeachThunder (12089 posts) -

This just says to me, "we're scared of creating new IP".

#40 Edited by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

This is fucking insane!

But... does it have anything to do with Far Cry 3? Or is it just piggybacking on the name because "New IP's... so scary"?

Or maybe its a Bioshock Infinite situation where the gameplay will be so similar, it could be a color swap.

#41 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

OH GOD, I'M ALL IN.

#42 Edited by probablytuna (3728 posts) -

Now this is some crazy shit I can get behind!

#43 Posted by Demoskinos (15013 posts) -

So is this real or not? Like I'm not even sure.....

#44 Posted by TMBaker (231 posts) -

That soundtrack, those screens, the story premise...

#45 Posted by MachoFantastico (4789 posts) -

Loving the tracks for this by Power Glove.

#46 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1856 posts) -

Bwahahaha, Warzone is the Terminator theme. I love it.

#47 Posted by Tajasaurus (895 posts) -

The music for this is so rad. I want this game in and around my face as soon as possible.

#48 Posted by ioftd (5 posts) -

My theory (and deepest wish) is that this is related to far cry 3 because its a complete reskin of the entire island and tons of new content. Instead of building a new open world, they replaced the temples and bunkers with scifi bases or crashed spaceships or whatever, reskinned/filtered everything into this virtual 1980s VHS stuff, replaced tapirs with dinosaurs and dragons, made a bunch of stupid new weapons and a bunch of stupid new story. All I can think about is reliving the experience of getting jumped by a tiger in the jungle only it's a fucking dinosaur. Fighting dragons in an open world like skyrim, but with functional ranged combat, and sweet laser guns. If its less than $40, that shit will awards, or at least it should.

#49 Edited by HoboZero (196 posts) -

@ioftd: The achievements list "clearing all garrisons", so at first blush it sounds like this might actually encompass all of one or both islands, like some insane 80's TC. I would say this is a lock for 2013's 2012 Game of the Year :D

Also, SCREENSHOTS!

#50 Edited by PolygonSlayer (430 posts) -

This... this could be one of the best things ever! O_O