#1 Edited by Basm321 (324 posts) -

Does anyone know if you can reset garrisons in Blood Dragon, or if they respawn on their own?

Far Cry 3 got a bit quite and boring once you finished liberating the outposts.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@basm321 said:

Does anyone know if you can reset garrisons in Blood Dragon, or if they respawn on their own?

Far Cry 3 got a bit quiet and boring once you finished liberating the outposts.

I doubt you can since you can not in Far Cry 3.

#3 Edited by Basm321 (324 posts) -

@basm321 said:

Far Cry 3 got a bit quiet and boring once you finished liberating the outposts.

I doubt you can since you can not in Far Cry 3.

I should have mentioned that they patched in the ability to reset outposts, which is what brought this question to mind.

#4 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

Yeah they added the ability to reset all the outposts in farcry 3. Either you have to beat the game or capture them all to be able to do it though, whichever comes first.

I'd actually like to know as well. I don't think Jeff mentioned it in the review or quicklook

#5 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Well it's rather short & from what I've played of it, nope so far. There's still pockets of enemies roaming around just not as much as the red zone areas & dragons all over the place to keep it interesting as well as the hunting/collectible/hostage stuff.

#6 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -

@fox01313: Rather short? It's 15$ DLC and, from what I've read, it packs in about 12 hours of content. How is that "rather short"?

#7 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

@snail: From the size of the island & most reviews I've seen have put the story as well as some exploration around 6-8 hours so figuring closer to 12 hours with trying to do everything. This from what I've played is a bit more direct so compared to Far Cry 3, I'd call this short but excessively worth it.

#8 Edited by xeno128 (1 posts) -

From what i've seen you can't reset which is sad since i beat them all and the story now i just wander.

#9 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

Hopefully if it's not already in there they'll end up patching it in again. It'd be incredibly useful in letting me get a lot more playtime out of it!

#10 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

When they patched in the ability to reset outposts in Far Cry 3, it brought me back to that game in a big way. After putting in 25 hours the first time around, I put in another 10-15 once I was able to reset all of the outposts, then run around and retake them, which was by far the most fun part of FC3 for me.

#11 Posted by Capum15 (4996 posts) -

...I did not know resetting outposts was a thing...holy crap. Time to play that while Blood Dragon downloads for the fourth time.

#12 Edited by Basm321 (324 posts) -

@xeno128: That is very sad to hear. I have collected everything and finished the garrison/side missions. Once I finish the story I won't have anything to do. Maybe I should pick up FarCry 3 again...........