#1 Edited by Vitor (2812 posts) -

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dnuJyJBM_J4)

Seriously, after the original trailer and now this, it's clear that these guys are really taking the 80s aesthetic to heart.

I've already pre-ordered my copy after having watched the odd bits of a video playthrough of the game online. From Terminator, the Transformers movie, Aliens, GI Joe and a plethora of other 80s touchstones, the game really goes all out in its references. Some done with a deft touch, others not so subtly. Regardless, the opening to the final mission was so absurd that I had to put money down. The game totally seems to match the tone of the marketing material they've put out so far which makes me very happy indeed.

Anyone else psyched for this? It looks like it'll play just like FC3 which, for me is an added bonus too.

#2 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

I still don't get what this is. Is this a game?

#3 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -

As great as this is (and it's fantastic), I think this will probably wind up being way better than the actual Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. I think that'll be a little sad if the marketing is better than the actual game. Oh well.

#4 Posted by Ghostiet (5229 posts) -

I still don't get what this is. Is this a game?

It's a stand-alone expansion to Far Cry 3 set in an 80s cyberpunk world. It uses the gameplay backdrop and engine of FC3.

#5 Edited by believer258 (11681 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

As great as this is (and it's fantastic), I think this will probably wind up being way better than the actual Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. I think that'll be a little sad if the marketing is better than the actual game. Oh well.

...which is why I haven't quite pre-ordered yet.

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing, and I really want it to be, but I'm afraid it will just be Far Cry 3 with a more neon-ish aesthetic and cheesy '80's references. Which is something I expect, but it needs more insanity than that. And no, I do not mean that we need to be doing the same thing over and over.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

...which is why I haven't quite pre-ordered yet.

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing, and I really want it to be, but I'm afraid it will just be Far Cry 3 with a more neon-ish aesthetic and cheesy '80's references. Which is something I expect, but it needs more insanity than that. And no, I do not mean that we need to be doing the same thing over and over.

Yeah. I'll still buy it regardless, because I liked Far Cry 3 enough that more Far Cry 3 is enough for me (assuming it isn't total garbage), but I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check, especially in the face of this fantastic marketing.

#7 Edited by selbie (1847 posts) -
#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11716 posts) -

This game should be in CGA and released on a million floppies.

#9 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -

I saw a lot of people bitching about this game on the Steam page and I just don't understand it. I reckon this is one of the best decisions Ubisoft has ever made and I will gladly pay full price to show my support.

#10 Posted by Capum15 (4822 posts) -

I love CorridorDigital; fucking awesome trailer.

#11 Posted by Voxus (322 posts) -

DID ANYONE SEE THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS CABINET? TELL ME I AM NOT DREAMING.

VIN DIESEL AND PAUL WALKER CONFIRMED AS DLC

#12 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Believe me, the game's RED camera filter gets really depressing and tiresome after one hour.

Fuck, this game is so damn red.

#13 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

That was pretty fucking amazing.

#14 Edited by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

So cheesy,yet so amazing!

#15 Posted by WMoyer83 (629 posts) -

2007 really turned out to be shit.