This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jillsandwich (761 posts) -

Anyone know why there isn't any trial for the game on Xbox Live? I don't think I've ever seen this happen before.

#2 Edited by handlas (2545 posts) -

I dunno...

I was surprised to see there is a demo of it on PSN so that's even more weird then.

#3 Edited by EXTomar (4118 posts) -

Maybe? It should be noted that Microsoft instituted a policy a couple of years ago where "Silver" members have to wait to get access to demos and trials.

#4 Posted by EpicSteve (6429 posts) -

Is it considered an XBLA game on Xbox Live? If not, than it's DLC and those don't really get demos.

#5 Edited by Chaser324 (5945 posts) -

It's most likely just an error on the backend, and I'm sure the trial will be posted eventually. BattleBlock Theatre had the same issue of the trial not initially being available.

EDIT: I just checked the game's page on Xbox.com, and you can grab the trial from there if the option isn't appearing on the dashboard.

#6 Posted by believer258 (11032 posts) -

Sometimes the trial isn't immediately available, especially for silver users.

Also, it might be considered DLC even though it's stand-alone.

#7 Edited by Demoskinos (13822 posts) -

it could be considered a "Games on demand" game. Resident Evil 4 and Crysis are both treated not as XBL games they are actually under the "Games on Demand tab" with other full 360 games if that is the case then those don't get demos.

#8 Edited by GaspoweR (2506 posts) -

Yeah it could be a Games on Demand game.

#9 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

It's an arcade game not a Games on Demand game. It's just an error as if you go through xbox.com you can download the trial from there

#10 Posted by GaspoweR (2506 posts) -

You could also watch the Quick Look Jeff and Brad did if that's alright.

#11 Edited by fox01313 (5032 posts) -

Not unusual for a demo to be delayed on some platforms just for the developers to figure things out, should be there soon if there's a demo of FC3.

#12 Posted by Chaser324 (5945 posts) -

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is an XBLA release, and a trial is currently available for download.