anyone else notice the weapons and healing animations?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

they are virtually identical to far cry 3, during the quicklook when they had the weapon page up almost every weapon was from FC3, im kinda bummed about that.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

They have the Robocop gun from Blood Dragon though.

The healing animations are different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5be0dedb7c7
deactivated-5a5be0dedb7c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FC4 has all fc3's weapons which are upscaled (bigger textures and geometry) as well as a good dozen+ new weapons (double barrel, QLZ grenade launcher, primitive bow, autocross, guided rocket launcher, throwing knives (there were no stealth throwables in fc3) some ww2 weapons, a new automatic 50 sniper, mg42 "buzzsaw", elephant gun, harpoon launcher, etc)

Not sure how anyone can be disappointed with the new roster, there's a weapon to satisfy most types of playthroughs now

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What should he be doing? Calling paramedics? Defibrilating himself? Of course they will be similar.

It's a petty complaint. I've been playing the game in a mate's house and it is fantastic. There is a ton of new content on top of what is already a fantastic base. Just enjoy it and stop picking it apart!

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jimipeppr

Now I want to play Blood Dragon again just to see the goofy healing animations.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope they fixed the economy. In Far Cry 3 it was easy to get into a situation where your inventory was full and you couldn't sell anything, because your wallet was full, because you were finding money everywhere and you couldn't buy anything, because the game was throwing free weapons at you constantly and ammo was super cheap and you could find it scattered around the map anyway.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope they fixed the economy. In Far Cry 3 it was easy to get into a situation where your inventory was full and you couldn't sell anything, because your wallet was full, because you were finding money everywhere and you couldn't buy anything, because the game was throwing free weapons at you constantly and ammo was super cheap and you could find it scattered around the map anyway.

From the quick look it looks like they have more things to spend money on. Jeff showed pimping out his hide out, which he spent like 400,000 of the ingame currency on. I am not sure if that is the only hide out or not.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm bummed that there only seem to be three healing animations. Pick bullet from left arm, wrap gauze around left arm, and put lighter on left arm. Not nearly enough for how often it can be done.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does seem fairly obvious that FC4 is FC3.5. But I'm okay with that; FC3 is awesome. Too bad the story is (apparently) crappy, again, at least all the reviews say so.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch3burashka:

The story can't possibly be any worse than that of Far Cry 3's, it just can't.

Though I must say, those two stoner dudes from the Quick Look were quite awful.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mak_wikus

@ssully said:

@mak_wikus said:

From the quick look it looks like they have more things to spend money on. Jeff showed pimping out his hide out, which he spent like 400,000 of the ingame currency on. I am not sure if that is the only hide out or not.

The inventory limit seems to be A LOT bigger too. If I remember right Jeff had 90 slots in his loot bag, which was 2 out of 4 in terms of upgrades!

That said, if FC4 has same signature weapons, then Ubi didn't learn anything. Because of those sig. weapons I've used 2(TWO!) primary weapons throughout the entire game. The Shredder and the Bushman. I completely didn't care about anything else. That's how much OP those two were.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

It looks great but too close to Far Cry 3 for me. I'll probably never play the game because I think I've had my fix of what they're offering. This is the same way I felt about Assassin's Creed after Brotherhood, I feel I made the right decision with the latter franchise. I'm gonna give my time to Dragon Age and checking out GTA V's first person view instead.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never got around to FC3 so I'm pretty excited for 4.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the shit out of Far Cry 3 to the point that they could have changed nothing outside of the world (map) and the story/characters and I would still be excited as hell to get my hands on it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#16 fisk0  Moderator

It does seem fairly obvious that FC4 is FC3.5. But I'm okay with that; FC3 is awesome. Too bad the story is (apparently) crappy, again, at least all the reviews say so.

Weren't the healing animations essentially the same in FC2, by that logic making FC3 FC2.1 and FC4 FC2.2 or something silly like that?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

It doesn't bother me that they didn't just arbitrarily pick another assault rifle or SMG to model, no. Not a big deal.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

A version of Far Cry 3 that isn't obnoxiously trying to push my buttons and get up in my face is okay with me. Also I think the art design in FC4 is much stronger.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most important question for Far Cry 4 is, what drug lab do you destroy/set on fire. And which skrillex song would play.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By recroulette

I'm basically treating this like a current-gen remake of Far Cry 3, the different stuff is just a bonus. That way when similar stuff happens I won't be too bummed out. I know what I'm getting.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

A version of Far Cry 3 that isn't obnoxiously trying to push my buttons and get up in my face is okay with me. Also I think the art design in FC4 is much stronger.

I find their renditions of the mountains with the fog/could effect around them is particularly beautiful.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impartialgecko said:

I find their renditions of the mountains with the fog/could effect around them is particularly beautiful.

FC3 was a technically impressive game but I didn't understand the fervour around it at the time. I've lived in South East Asia and FC3 was a caricature of that setting, whereas FC4 rendering of Himalayas feels much more grounded and authentic. I can't imagine the story will be nearly as provocative but I'll trade FC3's weirdness for a greater sense of verisimilitude.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

As someone who only played about an hour of FC3, I can't say I'm as bothered as some by FC4 being such a highly iterative sequel.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through Far Cry 3 for the first time about a month ago. Honestly, at a glance, I can't tell the difference between 3 and 4. The whole time I was watching the quick look I was like "didn't I just play this game?"

That's all fine because I really enjoyed Far Cry 3, but I'm not exactly ready for another whole game of the same just yet. The whole Shangri-La demons and tiger bit looked like boring, frustrating crap too. I think 3 would have been better without the drug-trip, pseudo-philosophical bullshit, and it looks like they just turned that shitdial up to 11.

Also, fuck Uplay and their shitty points. Get them the fuck out of my regular menus.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:

@ch3burashka said:

Weren't the healing animations essentially the same in FC2, by that logic making FC3 FC2.1 and FC4 FC2.2 or something silly like that?

FC3 is a much more fleshed out game than FC2. I frankly don't remember most of the details of 2, but 4 is building off the base of 3 rather than 2.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:

@impartialgecko said:

FC3 was a technically impressive game but I didn't understand the fervour around it at the time. I've lived in South East Asia and FC3 was a caricature of that setting, whereas FC4 rendering of Himalayas feels much more grounded and authentic. I can't imagine the story will be nearly as provocative but I'll trade FC3's weirdness for a greater sense of verisimilitude.

You think the game set in the place you live is much more of a "caricature" than the game set in a place you haven't been (I assume)? I'm pretty sure some Kyratians would say the same thing about FC3.

As for the setting, I'm guessing people were more entranced by the mechanics than the setting. I didn't really care where it was set, tropical islands or Himalayas, as long as I can bust out the wingsuit and kill some animals and skin them.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally okay with Far Cry 3.5 over here.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By impartialgecko

@ch3burashka said:

@impartialgecko said:

@artisanbreads said:

@impartialgecko said:

You think the game set in the place you live is much more of a "caricature" than the game set in a place you haven't been (I assume)? I'm pretty sure some Kyratians would say the same thing about FC3.

As for the setting, I'm guessing people were more entranced by the mechanics than the setting. I didn't really care where it was set, tropical islands or Himalayas, as long as I can bust out the wingsuit and kill some animals and skin them.

Maybe you're right. All I know is that I was living in SE Asia at the time and everything about FC3 felt like a tourist's preconception of what that region is like. I don't have similar preconceptions about the setting of FC4, the furthest north I've been on the Asian sub-continent is New Delhi, but it seems less cartoonish on first-blush.

I really enjoyed the raw systems and mechanics in Far Cry 3 but that gradually made it less and less fun to interact with them once you had cleared out everything and all that was left was the worsening story content. If FC4 gives me all that stuff with consistently better content than 3 then I'll be happy.

Avatar image for myelbowsfelloff
MyElbowsFellOff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:

@ch3burashka said:

No, actually there were far more healing animations in Far Cry 2. It even forced you to stop moving to look down at various limbs while you were performing "first aid" on yourself, instead of letting you run around looking straight ahead as if nothing was happening.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...