#1 Posted by Seb (358 posts) -

#2 Edited by Goboard (103 posts) -

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I immediately knew what it was during the Horizon thing, but I just couldn't believe it.

#3 Edited by Mystyr_E (1189 posts) -

wonder how many dickish comments Phil Fish will make before it comes out :P

#4 Edited by probablytuna (3533 posts) -

Holy cow, I would never have expected a sequel to FEZ, but I'm not complaining.

#5 Posted by EuanDewar (4746 posts) -

FEZ 2

PEGGLE 2

HOTLINE MIAMI 2

MIRRORS EDGE 2

YEAR OF THE T(W)OO MANY AWESOME GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (35976 posts) -

Anybody else think, "Wait, they're announcing Final Fantasy Z 2? I didn't even know there was a Final Fantasy Z!"

#7 Posted by mosespippy (4031 posts) -

Is there some hidden meaning behind the announcement page on polytron being spelled AnNoun Cement? Has the game already begun? It's already fucking with my mind.

#8 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

Maybe I'll finish Fez at some point.

#10 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I look forward to it being released with crippling bugs and poor performance sometime in 2018.

#11 Edited by FengShuiGod (1478 posts) -

@rebgav said:

I look forward to it being released with crippling bugs and poor performance sometime in 2018.

I can't bring myself to restart Fez from the beginning after playing it for a few hours and having the thing break on me. :(

#12 Edited by Ghostiet (5223 posts) -

@mystyr_e said:

wonder how many dickish comments Phil Fish will make before it comes out :P

Prediction: "only calculators aren't always online"

Anybody else think, "Wait, they're announcing Final Fantasy Z 2? I didn't even know there was a Final Fantasy Z!"

Absolutely no one, considering the acronym would be FFZ 2, not FEZ 2 and it was posted in the Fez 2 forum. Good going.

#14 Edited by stalefishies (330 posts) -

My gut reaction on hearing about it was thinking it was really weird to get a Fez 2, especially for me so soon after playing the Steam version. But that logo, and that logo alone, actually made me super excited.

I actually think I just want a new Fez soundtrack more than I want a new Fez game. It and the two remix albums are amazing.

#15 Posted by 49th (2687 posts) -

Awesome, I am fairly surprised about this but I really enjoyed Fez and I quite like Phil Fish, good luck to him.

#18 Edited by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

That is a fucking amazing logo

#21 Posted by VoshiNova (1638 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@rebgav said:

I can't bring myself to restart Fez from the beginning after playing it for a few hours and having the thing break on me. :(

the unfortunate truth. I did love that soundtrack though.

#22 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

YUP

#23 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

I bet it won't come out on the Xbox One.

#24 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Hello

I would like to play this video game

#26 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2132 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: Don't you have to be at least 13 to use the forums, or is that just GameFAQs?

#27 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3184 posts) -

To the common man, it is a simple, straight line.

To the physicist, it is THE FOURTH DIMENSIOOOOOOOON!

FEZ2 PRE-ORDER NOW FOR THE XBOX360 RATED M FOR MATURE

#28 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@dallas_raines said:

@connerthekewlkid: Don't you have to be at least 13 to use the forums, or is that just GameFAQs?

I don't remember and age limit but, sure ill delete my comments if so many people don't like them. I dont really see what people are getting upset about

#29 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Was not expecting to see this today, or anytime for that matter. Can't wait. The logo makes me want to believe Fez2 is getting the Blood Dragon treatment.

#30 Posted by EnduranceFun (1114 posts) -

@animasta: Good job quoting the "f word" then, Mr. Senstive.

Phil Fish is a hack, a loveable hack, but this measly teaser supports the idea that this game barely exists. And the first Fez took how long?

#31 Edited by StarvingGamer (7985 posts) -

Wasn't the whole draw of Fez the big reveal that the game you thought you were playing wasn't really the game you thought you were playing? Without the twist all you have is some clever platforming mechanics and a series of ciphers that are interesting in theory but ultimately just busy work. Now that people are going to be looking for the twist, I can't imagine a Fez 2 capturing hearts and minds in the same way, unless it ends up being a completely different game from the bottom-up.

EDIT: I guess in my mind a Fez 2 makes about as much sense as a Sixth Sense 2.

#32 Edited by Brendan (7685 posts) -

Cool

#33 Posted by DharmaBum (1045 posts) -

Best of luck with PR this time, Phil.

#34 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4582 posts) -

Wasn't the whole draw of Fez the big reveal that the game you thought you were playing wasn't really the game you thought you were playing? Without the twist all you have is some clever platforming mechanics and a series of ciphers that are interesting in theory but ultimately just busy work. Now that people are going to be looking for the twist, I can't imagine a Fez 2 capturing hearts and minds in the same way, unless it ends up being a completely different game from the bottom-up.

EDIT: I guess in my mind a Fez 2 makes about as much sense as a Sixth Sense 2.

You've got a good point. I'm thinking Phil is smart enough to recognize that and wouldn't be calling his next game Fez 2 unless it deserved it. Whether that means it's a completely different game with a completely different aesthetic or something else I'm not sure, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

That logo looks dope as hell, too.

#35 Posted by Crunchman (379 posts) -

It's gonna be built on Unity. Will feature the Cloud.

#36 Edited by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

@dallas_raines said:

I don't remember and age limit but, sure ill delete my comments if so many people don't like them. I dont really see what people are getting upset about

that's literally the law. websites can't collect any information from people under 13.

#37 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@video_game_king: Final Fanta-Z?

I am perfectly happy that my first two thoughts went here. Vectors4life.

#38 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

Fuck yeah! About time the indies stop being afraid of sequels.

Now, give me Castle Crashers 2, Braid 2 and a goddamn Shadow Complex sequel.