• 61 results
#1 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2149 posts) -
#2 Posted by TwoLines (2762 posts) -

Bah, bought it from SE for 5 bucks.

#3 Edited by Xymox (2024 posts) -

I really like when developers take the time to put steam achievements into their games when releasing old games on steam.

Also, dat age lock.

#4 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2149 posts) -

@xymox said:

I really like when developers take the time to put steam achievements into their games when releasing old games on steam.

Also, dat age lock.

Yeah seriously, why does it have an age lock?

#5 Posted by Akyho (1549 posts) -

@xymox said:

Also, dat age lock.

There was a good amount of swearing in it, also the japanese version had a section were you were in a Brothel which this was edited and cut up in English releases. So instead of "Massages" its coffee and tea. The bee club.

Its the place where the dude goes "I snagged one of Tifa's panties when she hung them out to dry.....strangely they're kinda small and polka dotted." Implying it was was Tifa's little sisters panties.

There are reasons for an Age lock.

#6 Posted by Soap (3528 posts) -

@xymox said:

Also, dat age lock.

It's probably got something to do with threatening to cut off Don Corneo's dick...

#7 Edited by TwoLines (2762 posts) -

Aw shit, who am I kidding, I'll buy this again. I'm what's wrong with video games guys. I'm sorry.

#8 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

you still to log in with your SE account btw, fair warning

for that Ill wait for a sale, fuck off with multiple log ins SE

#9 Edited by Darji (5295 posts) -
#10 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1123 posts) -

The outcome of this match finally pays off

#11 Edited by joshwent (1775 posts) -

Never actually finished FFVII, so this is great! Although I still have the disks, and PS1s are going for $10 on ebay. hard decisions...

#12 Posted by MistaSparkle (2146 posts) -

I should probably play this...

#13 Posted by Pepsiman (2449 posts) -

My favorite part of this release, personally, is the deluge of high quality forum topics for the game popping up on Steam. Here are a few of my personal favorites:

Makes me feel like I missed out on a real zeitgeist not playing this game in its heyday on the PS1.

#14 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -
#15 Posted by kishinfoulux (2075 posts) -

Bought it a bit earlier in the year from the Square site for like $5-7 or something and replayed through it. Great to see it's now on Steam and GMG, as well. Super odd that it just launched with no fanfare or any sort of announcement though. The most stealth of launches.

#16 Posted by Hunter5024 (5163 posts) -

that's million bucks

#17 Edited by BeachThunder (11253 posts) -

I suppose I'll finally end up playing this.

It's a huge bummer how every one has endlessly spoiled that one thing for those of us the never played it before =\

#18 Edited by MattyFTM (14238 posts) -

Is there a way to get a Steam key if you bought it directly from Square previously? Or am I going to have to buy it again (because yes, I'm one of those people). I'm going to guess there isn't a way, because it's Square.

#19 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

I just started playing it this week, 11 hours in! The language I'm playing in isn't available in the Steam version though... Hmm. No I won't buy it again, I won't!

#20 Edited by IAmNotBatman (614 posts) -

Oh God.

Materia Overlord Achievement

Master all Materias

@icicle7x3: I think that video is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

#21 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -

I got this on the SE store when it first came out. They kind of half assed the release, the music is lower quality than the PS version and they just threw in the most generic achivements possible.

#22 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

@rhaknar said:

@darji said:

@oscar__explosion said:

Not sure if this was known to have a steam release but it happened I guess.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/

Priced at $11.99 and has Steam Achievements

It is 12.99 Euro in Europe. WTF SE....

10.99euros here, weird how theres like 2 different europes for steam >_>

It depends if you live in a rather rich country or not but normally it is just the US price in Euro in my country. This time it is more expensive than normal. That is why today I normally buy my games on amazon.com to get US prices for my steam games.

#23 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4471 posts) -

@pepsiman: It's just a game that everyone had like Call of Duty is now, Final Fantasy was just one of those series back in the day.

#24 Posted by Grillbar (1772 posts) -

@darji said:

@oscar__explosion said:

Not sure if this was known to have a steam release but it happened I guess.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/

Priced at $11.99 and has Steam Achievements

It is 12.99 Euro in Europe. WTF SE....

yep that pretty fucked. that its that much more expensive, but nothing new under the sun a "retail" game still cost 50€/$

#25 Edited by crusader8463 (14298 posts) -

Please let this be a start of JRPGs coming to PC. I have no interest in this game but I would kill for Square and other companies to start releasing other games from back then. I seem to recall there being a PC Breath of Fire 3 or 4. Make that happen someone!

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (34572 posts) -

Does it have windowed mode?

#27 Posted by Marmalade (189 posts) -

No better way to celebrate the independence of America than with a JRPG.

#28 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4471 posts) -

Poor PS1 can't handle these:

System Requirements

• Minimum:

• Processor:2GHz
    • Memory:1 GB RAM
    • Graphics:DirectX 9.0c-compatible graphic card
    • DirectX®:9.0c
    • Hard Drive:3 GB HD space
#29 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

Does it have windowed mode?

You have to tick a box in the video settings to make it go full screen so I assume it would.

#30 Edited by Demoskinos (13824 posts) -

Being reminded this exists also reminds me that somewhere ,someone made a nude mod for this most likely and that is terrifying.

#31 Posted by Video_Game_King (34572 posts) -

@cale:

I'm getting the fuck out of this, then.

#32 Posted by killacam (1282 posts) -

anyone know if all those mods work with the updated version?

#33 Posted by ripelivejam (2772 posts) -

Please let this be a start of JRPGs coming to PC. I have no interest in this game but I would kill for Square and other companies to start releasing other games from back then. I seem to recall there being a PC Breath of Fire 3 or 4. Make that happen someone!

final fantasy tactics hd on steam pl0x

#34 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -

Wow crazy, I wouldn't expect it to have steam achievements.

#35 Posted by supamon (1325 posts) -

Finally! I had thought this was never going to happen.

#36 Edited by CornBREDX (4454 posts) -

I hope they fixed the PC version. I have the original PC release still- it's buggy as hell and has several game breaking bugs (not even trying, just playing the game normally).

I did add it to my steam wish list though. FFVII was pretty cool.

#37 Posted by believer258 (11032 posts) -

Man, the trailer on the Steam page is incredibly '90's. Fitting, of course, but that doesn't make it any less cheesy.

#38 Posted by Sooty (8077 posts) -

Good. Steam needs more overrated games.

I don't even know what I meant by that, but FFVII still blows.

#39 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2804 posts) -

I bought it for 5 bucks from the Square site (WHICH IS THE WORST FUCKING SITE OF ALL TIME) and it never even worked.

Guess I'll buy this one, you know, cause I'm a dirt bag.

#40 Edited by TheHT (10248 posts) -

Steam Achievements? That's cool. Not cool enough for me to play through it all again.

Maybe I should look into those PC mods for it.

#41 Posted by devilzrule27 (1235 posts) -

Why is it priced higher then the PS3/PS1 version, that's dumb.

#42 Edited by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

Why now and not, like, any time in the past?

#43 Posted by afabs515 (831 posts) -

Never played it before, so I picked it up this morning. After going through some difficulty starting it, I was able to get about an hour in. Pretty good so far. Really glad they released it on PC, since I don't have a PS3.

#44 Posted by kishinfoulux (2075 posts) -

Warms my heart to see it as the top seller on Steam. <3

#45 Posted by ArbitraryWater (10987 posts) -

I have never played a significant amount of Final Fantasy VII. I think the SNES Final Fantasy games are pretty dope. Should I get this game?

#46 Posted by Ezakael (864 posts) -

Character Booster – Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

This is needed? It's not like Final Fantasy 7 is even that hard but okay.

I'm actually playing through the original on Playstation right now. It's a good game and worth picking up if you don't already own it.

#47 Posted by Bocam (3537 posts) -

I have never played a significant amount of Final Fantasy VII. I think the SNES Final Fantasy games are pretty dope. Should I get this game?

Wait for a sale

#48 Edited by Skooky (473 posts) -

@fredchuckdave said:

Poor PS1 can't handle these:

System Requirements

• Minimum:

• Processor:2GHz
    • Memory:1 GB RAM
    • Graphics:DirectX 9.0c-compatible graphic card
    • DirectX®:9.0c
    • Hard Drive:3 GB HD space

If the PS1 can run Final Fantasy VII and you need at least these specs to run Final Fantasy VII on a PC, then it means that these are also the specs of the PS1. The math checks out.

#49 Posted by JasonR86 (9363 posts) -

I love how Square-Enix continues to overprice their games and that people buy into that bullshit because of nostalgia.

#50 Posted by kerse (2036 posts) -

So how is it?