#1 Posted by AlisterCat (6139 posts) -

I've been stockpiling on all the available gear in the game. In the back of my mind I vaguely recall needing to hold on to gear so it can be used for something else.

Please, tell me that I'm crazy so I don't need to keep buying gear that I don't need and can get rid of everything. Or keep hoarding and have it all pay off. I just need to know.

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (6139 posts) -

I'm still buying everything, so hopefully someone out there knows the answer. Can't find it on google.

#3 Posted by Petiew (1380 posts) -

I think you might be crazy. You can customise weapons and armour but you'll get better weapons to upgrade and the upgrades use items, so stockpile items instead.

#4 Posted by Hunter5024 (6376 posts) -

I don't recall any reason for that, unless its some weird side thing I never did.

#5 Edited by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

That's something from XIII, you may be mixing them up if you have played that. In XIII you use old weapons to make better weapons (some) and some of the best weapons in the game require that you save pretty much everything you've ever come to hold.

#6 Posted by kerse (2193 posts) -

I think ff9 had that synthesis thing later on if I'm remembering correctly, but I don't recall 10 having anything like that, dont quote me on that though.

#7 Edited by Sterling (3257 posts) -

No reason in X to keep them. Sell those suckas.

#8 Posted by AlisterCat (6139 posts) -
#9 Posted by Zevvion (3015 posts) -

Yeah you do not need to keep weapons, except the ones that you find useful. You can recreate every weapon yourself through customization anyway. It might take some material grinding to get the materials you need for the upgrades, but you can do it.

As for Celestial Weapons (the ultimate weapons), they can only be obtained through side activities/quests and I'm 99,9% sure you cannot sell them.