#451 Posted by ciscoidiot (35 posts) -

Anyone around that can invite?

#452 Posted by alanm26v5 (459 posts) -

I decided to give this a shot again now that servers aren't crazy. Name's Bendriana Doomhuggles on Ultros and would like an invite, thanks.

#453 Posted by vorpalparasite (297 posts) -

May I have an invite? My name is Johnsuo Dewmbringer.

#454 Posted by stingo (16 posts) -

Is the free company still active? I don't have a character on Ultros but might transfer mine or make a new one.

#455 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

@stingo said:

Is the free company still active? I don't have a character on Ultros but might transfer mine or make a new one.

Yup still going strong. If you transfer, send me a message with a time you'll be on and we'll get you an invite.

#456 Posted by stingo (16 posts) -

@stingo said:

Yup still going strong. If you transfer, send me a message with a time you'll be on and we'll get you an invite.

Cool. Is there any class in particular needed? Going to be on tonight - will post my character's name once I've created him.

#457 Posted by stingo (16 posts) -

Ended up making Deep Thought, an arcanist on Ultros. I should be in game a bit tonight (starting now) so if an invite's possible that would be great. Thanks.

#458 Posted by Faramir82 (68 posts) -

My characters name is Eaglebones Falconhawk who can I send a message to so I can get an invite? Thanks

#459 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

@faramir82 said:

My characters name is Eaglebones Falconhawk who can I send a message to so I can get an invite? Thanks

I've been searching you off an on since you registered on the site, but I haven't been able to catch you for an invite. Will you be on later today?

#460 Posted by Faramir82 (68 posts) -

Tonight I'll be on, probably after 11pm est. I'll also be on tomorrow.

#461 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

@faramir82: I should be on then. Make sure to send a /tell to Zhu Systrata when you log in if I already haven't sent you an invite by then.

#462 Posted by zeox (89 posts) -

How much does it cost to transfer servers?

#463 Posted by Faramir82 (68 posts) -

@zeox: I believe it cost me $18.

#464 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1471 posts) -

I need to get back to this game; my Paladin is close to the cap and I want to finish the story to see my damn name in the credits. Once I stop being distracted by other games I'll log back on. How many active members do we have nowadays?

#465 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

I need to get back to this game; my Paladin is close to the cap and I want to finish the story to see my damn name in the credits. Once I stop being distracted by other games I'll log back on. How many active members do we have nowadays?

We're still pretty active. What was your in-game name?

#466 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1471 posts) -

Senra Yin. I'm already a part of the guild unless I was removed for being inactive for too long.

#467 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

@snakelinksonic said:

Senra Yin. I'm already a part of the guild unless I was removed for being inactive for too long.

Ah, okay. Sometimes inactive accounts get flagged in the Free Company roster as [Deleted] so we do get rid of those because we never know who they are or where they went. If your account is still active though, you're still here. If you're near the end, tell some of the members online when you are and I'm sure they'll run the final two dungeons with you. Full-Free Company runs are the best runs. :P

#468 Posted by newhaap (425 posts) -
#469 Posted by Narx (173 posts) -

Shame I'm on another server... what's the transfer fee?

#470 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

@narx: $18 I believe. If you're on a Legacy server though, you're still locked to anything other than another legacy server. They haven't eased up on that yet.

#471 Posted by MrMuscle (447 posts) -

Why didnt i notice this before i started! Oh well, im on EU a server but if i stick with the game i might transfer to Ultros. Right now im just playing by myself and doing the quests. But im sure it would be nice to have someone to play with when i start doing dungeons and such.

#472 Posted by beziercurve (27 posts) -

Interested in joining! I just applied under the name Emotional Tony. I previously played with the Giantbomb EVE corp and actually did all of their graphic design (www.thekite.co)

#473 Posted by Kteven (53 posts) -

Now I have internet again I really should get back into this. I was Taron Gor in the guild, however I don't know if my character has been removed. I found fishing super relaxing so i will be doing that for a few nights.

#474 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

@kteven said:

Now I have internet again I really should get back into this. I was Taron Gor in the guild, however I don't know if my character has been removed. I found fishing super relaxing so i will be doing that for a few nights.

As long as you didn't actively delete your character, you're most likely still here.

#475 Posted by bemusedchunk (700 posts) -

Played this when it came out but got a little lost and a little bored (mainly my own fault for trying out all the classes and wandering too much end endlessly dying).

Long story short - is this game still active? How has it been the past 2-3 months?

#476 Posted by WarlordPayne (701 posts) -

The game is definitely still active, especially since update 2.2 just hit.

#477 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

"Try Bravery."

#478 Edited by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -

So I'm getting ready to create my character on Round 2 of the PS4 beta which I can import to retail so... I'm going to try to create a character on Ultros that is where most of you duders are right?

#479 Edited by fisk0 (4285 posts) -

So I'm getting ready to create my character on Round 2 of the PS4 beta which I can import to retail so... I'm going to try to create a character on Ultros that is where most of you duders are right?

Yup, Ultros it is.

#480 Posted by Asurastrike (2167 posts) -

I just started on Ultros. Level 12 Conjurer Kaysha WIldheart.

#481 Posted by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -

Pinging @snakelinksonic or anyone else who could help me out. Just caved and pre-ordered for the early access code. So I'll be playing all weekend. Would appreciate an invite to Whatever Linkshell/Grand Company the Giantbomb duders roll with.

My character's name is Musubi Azeyma and I'm on Ultros.

#482 Posted by hiono (51 posts) -

Hey can i get an invite from someone? just got the game character name is aldous bhionis

#483 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (287 posts) -

@asurastrike said:

I just started on Ultros. Level 12 Conjurer Kaysha WIldheart.

@demoskinos said:

Pinging @snakelinksonic or anyone else who could help me out. Just caved and pre-ordered for the early access code. So I'll be playing all weekend. Would appreciate an invite to Whatever Linkshell/Grand Company the Giantbomb duders roll with.

My character's name is Musubi Azeyma and I'm on Ultros.

@hiono said:

Hey can i get an invite from someone? just got the game character name is aldous bhionis

Try this if I'm not around for an invite: http://www.giantbomb.com/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/3030-26847/forums/joining-the-giant-bomb-free-company-update-1472844/

#484 Edited by AlKusanagi (931 posts) -

I just started on PS4. I'm a pugilist on Ultros named Aurin Denson. I'll probably be on a bit tonight.

#485 Posted by Bucketdeth (8024 posts) -

Damn, server seems full.

#486 Edited by dreffen (33 posts) -

Damn, server seems full.

Servers will open up at times throughout the day to allow for character creation.

#487 Edited by Bucketdeth (8024 posts) -

@dreffen said:

@bucketdeth said:

Damn, server seems full.

Servers will open up at times throughout the day to allow for character creation.

I'll try again when I get off work.

#488 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -

I caved and re-subbed after not playing since month 1 of 1.0. Lodestone seems to refuse to acknowledge the existence of my character which is messing with Guildwork, so might be a while before I can apply to join you duders, but if any low levelers want to get together, my character name is Mada Skraps. I'm UK so I'll probably be on at UK times until the game destroys my sleep schedule so thoroughly that I never log out, which will be delightful.

Quick Question: I'm assuming PC and PS4 players are all together, right?

#489 Posted by Bucketdeth (8024 posts) -

I caved and re-subbed after not playing since month 1 of 1.0. Lodestone seems to refuse to acknowledge the existence of my character which is messing with Guildwork, so might be a while before I can apply to join you duders, but if any low levelers want to get together, my character name is Mada Skraps. I'm UK so I'll probably be on at UK times until the game destroys my sleep schedule so thoroughly that I never log out, which will be delightful.

Quick Question: I'm assuming PC and PS4 players are all together, right?

Yeah the PS3, PS4 and PC are all on the same servers. Currently playing on PS4, works great with a controller.

#490 Edited by SpiderguyZER0 (7 posts) -

Some one mind adding me back to the free company? My roommate decided it would be cool if he added me to his while I was in the bathroom. Name is Aaige Vilmande

#491 Edited by championfetus (248 posts) -

This is part of the daily steam sale right now so I figure it's a good time to see if the GB guild is still active. Are there still some regular players out there? How has the game panned out since launch? Would you recommend it?

#492 Posted by StWhoopass (7 posts) -

The GB guild is still very active. We have a solid international representation, so there are people on at all hours. If you decide to jump in, you can find us on the Ultros server.

If anything, the game has only improved since launch. Many of the early issues with late-game leveling have been smoothed out, and many quality-of-life improvements have been implemented. What is most encouraging is SE's commitment to adding content at regular intervals. The two previous content patches added a ton of stuff, and the third (coming July 8th) looks to add a ton more.

If you are in the market for an MMO, I could not recommend XIV more. It is a fantastic game.

#493 Posted by kishinfoulux (2398 posts) -

The GB guild is still very active. We have a solid international representation, so there are people on at all hours. If you decide to jump in, you can find us on the Ultros server.

If anything, the game has only improved since launch. Many of the early issues with late-game leveling have been smoothed out, and many quality-of-life improvements have been implemented. What is most encouraging is SE's commitment to adding content at regular intervals. The two previous content patches added a ton of stuff, and the third (coming July 8th) looks to add a ton more.

If you are in the market for an MMO, I could not recommend XIV more. It is a fantastic game.

Also some great new content hitting in like 2 weeks.

It's a ton of fun. Probably the only MMO I can actually stick with. Give it a shot for sure.

#494 Posted by kishinfoulux (2398 posts) -

So two questions. I finally got around to joining the Guildwork page, but for the last step it says to apply for recruitment. When I go to that page I don't see anything that allows me to do so.

Secondly how do I get my character profile image from the Lodestone site to use on the Guildwork site?

#495 Posted by StWhoopass (7 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: You shouldn't need to apply on the Guildwork site once you attach a XIV character to your profile. It should automatically authorize you based on your membership in the FC.

As for attaching your character, the Guildwork profile settings should have the option to attach a character and will walk you through the process. Admittedly, it has been a while since I needed to do so, so my knowledge of the process is rusty at best.

#496 Posted by kishinfoulux (2398 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: You shouldn't need to apply on the Guildwork site once you attach a XIV character to your profile. It should automatically authorize you based on your membership in the FC.

As for attaching your character, the Guildwork profile settings should have the option to attach a character and will walk you through the process. Admittedly, it has been a while since I needed to do so, so my knowledge of the process is rusty at best.

Oh ok. When I checked the recruitment page I didn't see my name on there, which is why I asked.

And I'll check again for attaching my image. Thanks.

#497 Edited by ajamafalous (12035 posts) -

I put in an 'application' in-game, I think? Found the GB guild/freecompany/whatever page and clicked request, or something. Anyway, an invite would be cool. I'm Dionisio Parizzi in-game. I'm like level 7 and have no idea what I'm doing! I have extensive MMO experience, but the surrounding systems in this game are different enough that I feel kinda lost.

#498 Posted by Rand (53 posts) -

hey duders im thinking of playing ff 14 again and want to join the GB company now and i was wondering if there was any class you are missing like healers or tanks? if not i will probobly start leveling a dragoon or something.

not sure on how it will work time wise as im living in europe but all my firends here stoped playing it last year so i just want to be in a cool guild chating with you duders.

#499 Posted by Demoskinos (15017 posts) -

@rand: Multiple people have multiple jobs leveled to 50. So we're usually never short roles for duties. Also if you didn't know you can in fact level different jobs and classes on the same character. What you pick at the beginning of the game in no way ties you to that class as your main. You'll have to play for awhile as that class until you can switch but you can infact switch off and try other classes.

#500 Posted by gerrid (351 posts) -

I wish I could justify the $18 to transfer to Ultros and join you guys but it's too absurd. I don't suppose there's anybody on Cerberus in a nice FC and wants a new friend? I'll share screenshots! I have lots! hundreds! hundreds and hundreds.

:{