#201 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -

@yagami: If you preordered the disc edition you still got early access. Oddly enough they sent a code which allows you to download the game from the PSN. It's weird that it's not up on the store for purchase but you'd only have got ripped off with the price anyway.

#202 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1043 posts) -

@yagami: I preordered the disk version on Amazon. They sent me a early access code right away and said I will get email when I can use code. I am assuming you will just be able to download game that way.

#203 Edited by Yagami (579 posts) -

@deshawn2ks: @petiew: But I don't want a disc version I want a digital only version, like the US PSN users can get through their PS Store.

I played during the Phase 4 Beta, the client used in Phase 4 is the one that will be used by the full retail product from what I've heard.

It just sounds a tad... just a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad dumb that in order to get a digital version, you must get a physical version. ....Just saying. I'm not good with handling discs, so... hence why I want the digital one. - If anyone has a solution, do share it.

- I do appreciate the help. <>

#205 Posted by juiceton (24 posts) -

@deshawn2ks: Yeah I just looked back through my mail and found that code back from June. I had started to get a bit worried thinking I wouldn't get the code, didn't even realize it came in.

#206 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

I still haven't gotten my code. Amazon Germany is really really bad at this. I do not know why it takes so long to send a key....

#207 Posted by ESREVER (2574 posts) -

Alrighty then, starting fresh on Ultros. Starting as Arcanist to get my white mage requirements for that then off to conj.

Character name: Kai Vermillion

#208 Posted by Hector (3346 posts) -

Starting a new character on Ultros. I feel like a complete idiot, I was on another server! (No wonder I couldn't find anyone on here.)

Character name: Hector Leonhart

#209 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (241 posts) -

Them servers are under a Minas Tirith level of assault at the moment...

#210 Posted by Giantstalker (1445 posts) -

Just got in as well, character name is A'lantaa Ravi. Probably not going to play until Sunday, but at least this is one less thing to do.

#211 Posted by juiceton (24 posts) -

Made it in. Toon's name is Jruz Nicu. See you guys there!

#212 Posted by Sikila (70 posts) -

Does anyone know if I will have latency issues if I start on a NA Server being in Germany?

I´d love to play on Ultros but ping worries me.

#213 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -

@sikila said:

Does anyone know if I will have latency issues if I start on a NA Server being in Germany?

I've been playing on Ultros and I'm in the UK. Haven't encountered any real problems as of yet. Everything runs fine.

#214 Posted by Darklight (207 posts) -

Just created a new character on Ultros, name is Sanyi Darklight. My job/class will be the same as the one I did in FFXI in the day: Gladiator/Paladin. Il play in the week-end and at Night on the weekdays. EST Time zone.

Hope to se you in games guys.

#215 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

@sikila said:

There are no problems at all.

#216 Posted by onimonkii (2421 posts) -

@sikila said:

NA/EU servers are all in the same datacenter.

#217 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (241 posts) -
#218 Posted by Mitch0712 (433 posts) -

I'm online now in the early access, can i get an invite? Also what server?

#219 Posted by Perdido (48 posts) -

I would like to join up with y'all. Name: Perdido Enespacio Class: Arcanist (for now)

#220 Posted by kishinfoulux (2077 posts) -

So is the only way I can invite fellow Bombers into the Linkshell, by searching for them and inviting them that way? Just want to make sure.

#221 Posted by cbarnes86 (529 posts) -

I've been constantly trying to join Ultros and can't...

#223 Edited by SecondPersonShooter (580 posts) -

I think I may pick this up when it comes out on the 27th for PS3.

I'm kind of nervous though because I haven't played an MMO since middle school and all of that stuff on the first post is very confusing and alienating to me about linkshells and companies and all that.

I just feel like I'm not going to know what I'm doing and that kind of sucks.

#224 Posted by Orexis97 (31 posts) -

I'd like to join. Character name is Orexis Guile. Class is Lancer for the moment.

#225 Posted by Perdido (48 posts) -

I would like to join up with y'all. Name: Perdido Enespacio Class: Arcanist (for now)

#226 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (241 posts) -

Okay, we just got the Free Company signed up and ready to go before the maintenance they just started now. I'll start inviting everybody and setting that stuff up when the server goes live again.

#227 Edited by Eujin (1293 posts) -

Welp, I was going to join up, but it appears new characters on Ultros has been closed.I made one on sargatanas, though, "Trayal Mortus"

Edit: Apparently Ultros is also the 4chan server, the Reddit Server, and the Gamespot server? I'm not entirely surprised they've closed new character creation.

#228 Posted by Turkalurch (197 posts) -

Okay, we just got the Free Company signed up and ready to go before the maintenance they just started now. I'll start inviting everybody and setting that stuff up when the server goes live again.

Sweet! Can't wait to get back in and play some.

#230 Posted by WarlordPayne (692 posts) -

I think I may pick this up when it comes out on the 27th for PS3.

I'm kind of nervous though because I haven't played an MMO since middle school and all of that stuff on the first post is very confusing and alienating to me about linkshells and companies and all that.

I just feel like I'm not going to know what I'm doing and that kind of sucks.

Linkshells are basically just private chat channels and Free Companies are just Guilds.

The only MMO I've ever played for any length of time was FFXI, and that was years ago, but I didn't have any trouble jumping into this game. The first 15 levels of FFXIV are really easy going and introduce you to the mechanics pretty smoothly.

#231 Posted by Wraith1 (550 posts) -

Ultros is full =(

#232 Posted by Servbot91 (15 posts) -
#233 Posted by Eujin (1293 posts) -

@servbot91: They are, but Ultros was full before they went down.

#234 Posted by Homer39 (153 posts) -

I would like to join. Character name: Avelina Ascelina class: Gladiator

#235 Posted by Epidehl (264 posts) -

So when the server comes back up you're just gonna invite everybody on the list? Or should we still send an in-game message about joining?

Also, my brother would like to join up if that's cool, he's a Lancer named Mirri Midori.

#236 Edited by McShank (1628 posts) -

So why is the GB server going to be on a Maxed out server that no one can make new characters on anymore?

#237 Edited by Chumley_Marchbanks (63 posts) -
@mcshank said:

So why is the GB server going to be on a Maxed out server that no one can make new characters on anymore?

How was anyone supposed to know that would happen before launch?

#238 Edited by cbarnes86 (529 posts) -

In response to my previous message, I got in. Character name is "Renger Drognar" and class is Marauder. My brother would like in as well. His character name is "Saccarin Sinistar" and class is Arcanist.

#239 Posted by Eujin (1293 posts) -

Ultros has reopened character creation (for now?) I was able to make Trayal Mortus (lancer for now until 15, then I"ll make a Pugilist) on Ultros.

#240 Posted by Ratcabbage (246 posts) -

I'd appreciate and invite on Ultros as well. Name: Uhn Tiss. Conjurer planning on going White Mage. Thanks!

#241 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -

@mcshank said:

Pretty much all of the servers have been like that. Any server we'd have chosen would have ended up like this sooner or later which kind of sucks. It seems to open up periodically though, so keep trying!

#243 Posted by laserguy (413 posts) -

Does anyone know if i can ride a chocoo in grand theft auto 5?

#244 Posted by Faythdream10 (12 posts) -

I managed to get in on Ultros, saw a few Gbomb tags. I'm a Lvl 8 Conjurer right now, probably heading towards WHM or SCH. I wouldn't say no to an invite. Character name White Orchid.

#245 Edited by Nonused (209 posts) -

I'm on Ultros. I believe my name is Frank Francontois, but I'm not sure. I do know I'm a level 12 Arcanist.

#246 Posted by test0r (90 posts) -

Managed to make a character on Ultros.

My name is Spis Kummin, at time of writing a level 1 Archer.

#247 Posted by kishinfoulux (2077 posts) -

I'm amazed at how many people are playing during Early Access. Almost looks identical to Open Beta...terrified to see what the official launch looks like. Server issues up the ass.

Seems like the game is shaping up to be a success though and I hope it is. Despite the issues, it's been really fun.

#248 Edited by TullyAckland (237 posts) -

If you are on the Sargantas message Arke Kazan for a linkshell invite.

#249 Edited by Verendus (348 posts) -

Am I onlyone who still hasn't been able to log in after maintenance? I logged in in the morning, see message "We begin emergency maintenance, log off" I come back when it's supposed to end, to find out "World is full, gtfo" and it's been full for 2 hours now.

With my luck when I finally get in, I'll be informed that "Oops, something broke down again. Log off and come back tomorrow".

Edit: Got in immediately after my rant.

#250 Posted by Intrepid (187 posts) -

I'd like an invite please! Really enjoying the game and its aesthetic so far. Lvl 14 Conjurer Lockseis Faust