Problem registering FFXIV (Unable to play at all)

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders. I recently purchased a physical copy of FFXIV for the PS3 and am having some serious problems trying to get into play the game. I'll try to explain everything in as much detail as possible; any help with this would be much appreciated. I've spent a few hours between the SE FAQ's etc. trying to find a solution but so far nothing has helped. :/ Here goes nothin'.

• Firstly I installed the game from disc -- I got prompted to put in the PSN code that came in the box and did so. So far so good, no problems.
  • Then I get confronted with the SE Account screen. Last year I purchased a copy of FFVII on Steam and had to me a Square Enix EU account (This is where I'd log in for that) As I have an account I clicked the "Already have an account but haven't registered FFXIV yet" link.
  • I then get asked for my login Email Address (fine), Password (fine) and One-Time Password (problem). I don't have an OTP so I did some googling -- Turns out to get an OTP that I can use from my phone I need to activate it on the Square Enix Account Management website.
  • Being utterly confused I returned to the SE EU website (as I'm able to successfully log in there) and just add FFXIV to my games collection using the Product Activation Code contained in the box. I also linked my SE EU Account to my PSN Account here as the prompts in game tell me I need to do this. I kinda hoped this'd just circumvent the crap that is to follow. Alas, it did nothing as booting up FFXIV just still gives me the same screens/options.
  • I try logging into to the SEAM site to no avail; it keeps requesting my OTP -- Obviously the problem here is that I need to login to set up the OTP.
  • I try creating an SEAM account using the same log in credentials as my SE EU account; Username and E-mail address are identical. This was (for some reason) successful and allowed me to access the control panel to set up an OTP.
  • When I go to set up the smart phone OTP I get a problem; I get told that, "You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code." At this point I'm utterly confused and follow some more help links into the "Mogstation" website. It just tells me to buy a copy of FFXIV for the PS3 or PS4.

I'm now at the point where I have no clue as to how to progress. I downloaded the OTP App to see if that'd have any information, or help me just link up to my account and it tells me I need a code that I get from the SEAM site -- I can't get that code due to SEAM telling me to go and buy a copy of FFXIV. I'm now totally unable to progress from the Login page on the PS3 requestiong my Username/Email Address, Password and OTP.

Here in the UK it's a bank holiday weekend so it seems SE wont be answering e-mails until Tuesday, I can't find a customer support number and I was really hoping to just play this game over my long weekend. If anyone here can help me solve this strange problem I'd be so grateful. (I was hoping to just play it once and then upgrade to the PS4 version for free but at this rate it seems I'll be lucky to just be able to start the game up :/ )

Thanks for reading and for any help you can offer,

Feive_vz.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You should be able to leave the one time password field blank as you don't have that setup on your account.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Yup, just leave that field empty. I doubt many people use the OTP (I know I don't). The SE account security has some weird arcane bullshit in it, the OTP once confused me as well and I got locked out of my account on 3 separate occasions for unrelated reasons.

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey duders. Thanks a tonne -- working all fine now! Looking forward to some time on it this weekend now.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@feive_vz: Cool, make sure to play on Ultros and join the Giant Bomb free company there. They're great people!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I see you have it figured out but yeah one time password is just if you want extra security on your account after you set it up